Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Lockout or no lockout, Charlotte Bobcats attendance will still be one of the worst in the NBA

Is there even any difference between an empty locked-out Time Warner and Time Warner during a Bobcats game? Do the Bobcats even have any fans that aren't named Michael Jordan?

ix, One of the main reasons no one goes to Bobcats games is because there are a lot of fake ass Laker fans here...:movefast:

---------- Post added October-1st-2011 at 11:03 PM ----------

Navy is making it really interesting on CBS
I don't know what you guys are talking about. This Navy-Air Force game has been a thriller.
Yeah...BUT...it's still Navy-Air Force.:)
Navy just tied the ball game! This triple option stuff is the ****!
Until those teams get into a bowl game.
Bahh! I love watching Navy play. They run that triple option to near perfection and the will grind the opposition's front seven to exhaustion. Plus, they have this quarterback that is one of the most illusive runners in the nation. Very solid team they're fielding.
Yeah, it's fun to watch. And if you really love it like you say then tune into the GT-NC St game about to come on. GT runs it better than anyone. Only problem is, once they get to a bowl game, and their opponent has several weeks to prepare for it, then it's not nearly as effective.

Navy gave the Game****s a run for their money....dont sleep on the option offense, it can be a killer

First off, as I said in the earlier post, that offense is great "until they reach their bowl game". You see, those offenses don't work very well when teams have several weeks, or in some cases, a month, to prepare for it. Just look at the team that runs it better than anyone (GT). They got destroyed by LSU a few years ago in a bowl game in which the Tigers had about a month to prepare. And Iowa held that prolific offense to just 7 pts in a recent bowl game. Navy giving South Carolina fits isn't close to the same deal, because South Carolina had just a week to prepare.

And it's called the "triple option", btw.;)

Keep up, Kosher. Notice the poster I was responding to (BLTO) 'didn't' know the difference between an option offense, and the "triple option" offense. You're confusing bluefoods posts with BLTO's.:)

Keep up, Kosher. Notice the poster I was responding to (BLTO) 'didn't' know the difference between an option offense, and the "triple option" offense. You're confusing bluefoods posts with BLTO's.:)

I know the difference, I just didnt think it needed to be clarified since so few teams run the "triple option offense" :pfft:

Despite my highly negative commentary that at times called the Redskins defense the worst in the NFL, I have signed the Redskins defense to my fantasy football team

---------- Post added October-2nd-2011 at 08:20 AM ----------

RP rooting for Lions today

Today we are all Lions fans

rp must be a very conflicted man right now...

Side note: great win today, the defense dominated, though the offense tried very hard to **** this game away. I never imagined that we'd be 3-1 right now sitting alone atop of the NFC East. Great, great job.

---------- Post added October-2nd-2011 at 04:56 PM ----------

Oh, and Ryan Torain is a mother****ing grown ass man. We have a really really good backfield here. With that being said, I can't believe that some people were wondering if he'd be cut, or wanting this guy to be cut. You complain day and night that we have no depth at certain positions, and then when we actually have depth, you want to trade/cut guys just for the hell of it.

Having great depth is what wins you football games.

I swore that this season I'd use my Sundays for good, instead of promoting rich whiny ass football players in a league of criminals. I watched the Monday night game, but otherwise, I've done pretty well.

Today I woke up and did the AIDS walk and then went to a charity baseball game, for the Cancer Society.

I feel pretty good about life.

KB, I'm pretty sure that "league of criminals" that you are referring to makes up a very very small percentage of guys. The overwhelming majority of them (I'm sure) are pretty well rounded, educated, law abiding citizens.

I doubt the well educated part, just listening to most of them speak. They went to college, but I'd hardly call them college educated. I know there are some.

When guys like Vick or Big Ben can get away with what they've done, because they are good at a game, I don't really want to be part of supporting it.

I doubt the well educated part, just listening to most of them speak. They went to college, but I'd hardly call them college educated. I know there are some.

When guys like Vick or Big Ben can get away with what they've done, because they are good at a game, I don't really want to be part of supporting it.

I'll just say this, the media is very. very good at what they do, whether it be sports, politics, etc, of negatively influencing public perception by focusing on a particular group of people, and continuously focusing on it, and whatever reaction that causes, gets perpetuated throughout the media, causing it to make things hard for the majority of guys who are doing the right thing. You brought up two players ( and I'm not saying that it's just those players obviously) out of well over a thousand players, who have been in high profile incidents.

You have a team of 53 guys, in which maybe 5 out of the 53 may be potential knuckleheads. I know you feel strongly about the Vick situation, among others, but I just don't think that the league is full of "non-educated thuggish idiot criminals,' which is the image that gets created by the media. Not all of those guys are superstars with primadonna "The World Is Mine" attitudes. Many of them go out, do their jobs, go home to their families, etc, and you don't hear a peep, but that's obviously not saucy enough for the media. I just try my best to not let perception get in the way of reality. That's all.

I swore that this season I'd use my Sundays for good, instead of promoting rich whiny ass football players in a league of criminals. I watched the Monday night game, but otherwise, I've done pretty well.

Today I woke up and did the AIDS walk and then went to a charity baseball game, for the Cancer Society.

I feel pretty good about life.

Generalize much? the NFL generates millions for charities and causes every year, not including what individual players do. good for you for doing good things, but to say that about the NFL is pretty ignorant and elitist.

Especially on the day they start the MONTH long drive to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer....

Whatever. I know there are guys in the league who are wonderful people. I know there are guys who are average people. I know there are guys in the league who are thugs and criminals. I wish Goodell would have been harder on the last group. I wish the colleges they went to held them to the same academic standard that your average scholar is held. It's pretty obvious they aren't. I'm not judging and I know America loves it's gladiators, but the system removes a lot of accountability from individuals and I just have a hard time supporting it, so I decided to do my own charity work every Sunday this fall. It's no big thing.

dang straight. He looked like Guy on a Buffalo today....

He was the buffalo dude, he was the buffalo. He has far better vision than the other two guys, and is just nasty once he makes contact. Hopefully we see more of him this year. I'd love to see him come out against the Eagles and just truck the **** out of somebody.

/Money Torain: Get on, or get the **** out of the way.

Archived