Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Anxiety sucks. I'm having some anxiety right now, and I don't like it. I live in a townhouse, and new neighbors are moving in. I hope they are more quiet and respectful than the last neighbors. Those people were a nightmare.

I also have to do some public speaking next Wednesday. I have to give a presentation to somewhere around 50 people, and then answer questions. I don't like public speaking, I get nervous even when I know the material. Picturing people in their underwear doesn't work and besides, these people aren't that good looking so I don't want to see that anyway.

Hail and be well

Anxiety sucks. I'm having some anxiety right now, and I don't like it. I live in a townhouse, and new neighbors are moving in. I hope they are more quiet and respectful than the last neighbors. Those people were a nightmare.

I also have to do some public speaking next Wednesday. I have to give a presentation to somewhere around 50 people, and then answer questions. I don't like public speaking, I get nervous even when I know the material. Picturing people in their underwear doesn't work and besides, these people aren't that good looking so I don't want to see that anyway.

Hail and be well

Well there's a name I haven't seen in a while. Hope you're doing well buddy, and best of luck with everything. :cheers:

---------- Post added October-1st-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

Congrats. Although me not being a runner, I have no idea if that's good or not.:)

Tis better to be a Brave than a Pirate.:)

It's not, but for me personally it is. :)

And I'd argue that second point, obviously. :cheers:

Hail and be well

I used to have a bad case of it when I was in college. Specifically the classes where you'd have to give presentations. I think those classes probably took a few years off my life, with all the stress. So I understand where you're coming from. I don't know about in your case, but I finally got to the point where I said "**** it, I'll likely never see any of these people again", so I'm not gonna let it bother me if I screw up.

I used to have a bad case of it when I was in college. Specifically the classes where you'd have to give presentations. I think those classes probably took a few years off my life, with all the stress. So I understand where you're coming from. I don't know about in your case, but I finally got to the point where I said "**** it, I'll likely never see any of these people again", so I'm not gonna let it bother me if I screw up.

I'm gonna have to take the "screw it" approach, but I work with and see these people pretty much daily.

---------- Post added October-1st-2011 at 03:26 PM ----------

Well there's a name I haven't seen in a while. Hope you're doing well buddy, and best of luck with everything. :cheers:

Hi HH,

I've been around, but not too much in the tailgate. Thanks for the good wishes, and right back atcha!

:cheers:

Until those teams get into a bowl game.

Bahh! I love watching Navy play. They run that triple option to near perfection and the will grind the opposition's front seven to exhaustion. Plus, they have this quarterback that is one of the most illusive runners in the nation. Very solid team they're fielding.

Bahh! I love watching Navy play. They run that triple option to near perfection and the will grind the opposition's front seven to exhaustion. Plus, they have this quarterback that is one of the most illusive runners in the nation. Very solid team they're fielding.
Yeah, it's fun to watch. And if you really love it like you say then tune into the GT-NC St game about to come on. GT runs it better than anyone. Only problem is, once they get to a bowl game, and their opponent has several weeks to prepare for it, then it's not nearly as effective.

Wednesday evening can't come soon enough. Will be done with three tests and a presentation.

I'm hoping for the same thing, but for other reasons :hump:

---------- Post added October-1st-2011 at 07:58 PM ----------

Until those teams get into a bowl game.

Navy gave the Game****s a run for their money....dont sleep on the option offense, it can be a killer

Navy gave the Game****s a run for their money....dont sleep on the option offense, it can be a killer

First off, as I said in the earlier post, that offense is great "until they reach their bowl game". You see, those offenses don't work very well when teams have several weeks, or in some cases, a month, to prepare for it. Just look at the team that runs it better than anyone (GT). They got destroyed by LSU a few years ago in a bowl game in which the Tigers had about a month to prepare. And Iowa held that prolific offense to just 7 pts in a recent bowl game. Navy giving South Carolina fits isn't close to the same deal, because South Carolina had just a week to prepare.

And it's called the "triple option", btw.;)

Archived