Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

12 more hours until the NBA locks out!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6717292&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

The NBA is headed to deadline day, with perhaps one last chance to avoid a lockout.

Negotiators for owners and players will meet Thursday, about 12 hours before the expiration of the collective bargaining agreement and seemingly nowhere close to a deal.

The sides remain far apart on just about every major issue, from salaries to the salary cap, revenues to revenue sharing.

Just remembered in my days on HFBoards arguing contentiously with trolls, that some guy claimed

1) The NBA played defense

2) The NBA wasn't even close to a lockout

3) The Lakers - Cavs was the NBA's "Biggest Rivalry"

Lol

Silly people

I heard (think it was on SportsCenter) that all 30 NBA teams combine for a LOSS of $300MM/yr.

I think it is actually 22 teams out of the 30 are experiencing losses. The Wizards are one of those teams I believe.

Nah you won't. The Mavs will still be champs.

This was a long time coming, we could all see this for years. Teams can't make profit, teams throw around tons of cash on wasted contracts

There will likely be no settlement today and there will likely be none for a year or more :ols:

Even the NFL resolved their issues in a few months lol, the likelihood is they will play football this season. NBA is the worst run league business-wise.

I think it is actually 22 teams out of the 30 are experiencing losses. The Wizards are one of those teams I believe.

Right, but the stat I heard was even with teams like the Lakers and Celtics that rake in the money, the NBA teams as whole are combining for a $300MM loss.

If there isn't an NBA season next year, I will be heartbroken.
Believe me when I say this, as it is 100% truth. If the Mavs win this championship, I would be fine with the Skins winning the next 10+ Super Bowls. I wouldn't care if the Cowboys went 0-16 every season. I'd be on :cloud9: and I'd never get the **** off.

once again lier

Right, but the stat I heard was even with teams like the Lakers and Celtics that rake in the money, the NBA teams as whole are combining for a $300MM loss.

Sorry I meant to see you were right with the 300mil figure, but it was 22 teams, not all 30, that accounted for the losses.

Archived