Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So the NHL Playoff Prediction model I built is now 11-1 in predicting series this year and correctly predicted both conference finals series. The only series it missed was the Ducks-Predators one. If this thing keeps up, I'm gonna rape the bookies next year.

If you didn't have the Bruins winning the Cup, then your model will fail. ;)

So the NHL Playoff Prediction model I built is now 11-1 in predicting series this year and correctly predicted both conference finals series. The only series it missed was the Ducks-Predators one. If this thing keeps up, I'm gonna rape the bookies next year.

Did it predict the games or the series? How did said model work.

PS: The Bruins are the weakest team remaining.

Did it predict the games or the series? How did said model work.

PS: The Bruins are the weakest team remaining.

It predicts the series based on the reg season stats of that team. places them up against each other and advances the team which has the advantage in more categories. The categories are weighted differently as well.

It predicts the series based on the reg season stats of that team. places them up against each other and advances the team which has the advantage in more categories. The categories are weighted differently as well.

Interesting.

Might I ask what the determining factors were in the Caps loss to TB?

That's keeping it real.

Cool night. Spent the evening listening to some good stuff on Youtube....Chick Corea, Maynard Ferguson, Denis DiBlasio, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Glen Miller, Wynton Marsalis, Miles Davis, and some old DCI drum corps shows. Gotta love Santa Clara Vanguard's Phantom of the Opera in 1988, and anybody who does Malaguena or Brass/Scream Machine.

If you want appreciate "real" music, have a go at a few of those. You'll thank me in the morning.

Ugh. Just got a ticket for having my right headlight out.

The lame thing is, my right headlight wasn't out when I left my place earlier. It went out on my drive back home from my buddy's place. Now I get points on my record and have a fairly high fine to pay until I get it fixed and send in proof of doing so. There goes my Friday afternoon.

Ugh. Just got a ticket for having my right headlight out.

The lame thing is, my right headlight wasn't out when I left my place earlier. It went out on my drive back home from my buddy's place. Now I get points on my record and have a fairly high fine to pay until I get it fixed and send in proof of doing so. There goes my Friday afternoon.

Having a headlight out costs you points? That sounds a little extreme.

Quick story: I got a speeding ticket about 6 months ago for doing 50 mph in a 35 zone. So anyway, yesterday, I'm driving through the same stretch of road where I got my ticket, and I see a cop pull onto the same road behind me. I wasn't speeding, but he flies by me, probably doing 50. About the same time, I notice a silver PT Cruiser following the cop at about the same speed. I'm thinking..."What an idiot...that guy must WANT a ticket!"...You guessed it, the cop slows down and lets the PT Cruiser pass him, then falls in behind him with the blue lights on.:ols:

The guy in the PT Cruiser, either didn't know it was a cop (didn't have the lights on top, but was otherwise a clearly marked cop car), or is REALLY stupid.

Yeah, I don't think headlights cost you points.

They are not typically considered moving violations...I don't think, but maybe.

I just make sure my lights are in order. No reason to get pulled over and waste my time for that type of stuff.

The one involving tr1? It involves tr1.'Nuff said.

Yeah, that one. I don't know why Cowboys fans, or fans of any other team for the matter, try debating with tr1and his fanboys. I used to like reading the ATN but it's pretty much unbearable now.

The current DeMarcus Ware thread in the ATN is the dumbest ****ing thing I've read in a while

Agreed. Just the fact that someone is actually trying to defend tr1, or give him props, is amazing itself. The guy doesn't have one rational, unbiased bone in his body. I admit that sometimes he's funny, when he's pissing off some of the Cowboys fans ( some of whom have very good football knowledge), but other than that, it's just embarrasing.

Demarcus Ware is a ****ing monster, and that's just a fact. No one cares if he's not a "True 4-3 linebacker" because he's not put in situations where he's forced to cover anyone. With someone like Ware, why the hell would you want him covering anyone when he is arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL today? It's stupid. That's what we should be doing with Rak, rushing him on every play, instead of putting him out in space where he doesn't belong.

One of the guys in there was so delusional that he agreed with me when I said that threads like that were the reason why I no longer hung around in the Stadium/ATN. After his argument got shot down numerous times by Mr. Jones, he just resorted to posting dumb pics, and trying to provoke everyone that disagreed with him. Frustrating, very frustrating.

Dude, I just simply don't understand the logic. How the hell can you hold it against a pass rusher that he's not as good as people say he is because all he does is rush the passer? Why the **** should he cover anyone. I can't tell you how I angry I would get last year when I'd see Rak get embarrassed by the other teams TE's and RB's in space.

Archived