Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Dude, I just simply don't understand the logic. How the hell can you hold it against a pass rusher that he's not as good as people say he is because all he does is rush the passer? Why the **** should he cover anyone. I can't tell you how I angry I would get last year when I'd see Rak get embarrassed by the other teams TE's and RB's in space.

From the thread, regarding Demarcus Ware:

lol, ok sure buddy

when did I say he wasn't a good player? i did say he isn't elite though

There isn't a facepalm on this Earth big enough to illustrate my reaction to that post. It blows my mind.

I used to hang out in ATN all the time. But I hadn't been there in months. Went there for five minutes to check out that Ware thread y'all were talking about, but that was it. It sure has gone down hill over there. And yes, that thread is pretty ridiculous. I love Ware so much. Ware and Dirk are my two favorite athletes now, and possibly ever.

So I started a blog. I'm and English-Creative Writing major, so I figured it was pretty necessary. Feel free to make fun of me for it.

http://committingwithtwotees.blogspot.com/

Well, if a little constructive criticism helps, I was bored as **** for 38 seconds. :ols:;)

I'll check back, CUH, and see what you've got. And don't downplay your life experience. No matter how "normal" our lives might seem, we all have entertaining anecdotes that happen every day in our lives, that in the hands of a good creative writer can be pretty damned entertaining.

FWIW, I enjoy freelance creative writing myself. I was 70 pages into my first book when my computer crapped out. And of course, I didn't have anything backed up. I chose an even more lame (lamer?) way to get back into the flow of writing. I joined a wrestling e-fed. I'm having fun with it. And when I feel I'm back up to speed, I'll start the book up again.

Best of luck to you. Writing, especially among the current batch of college kids (no offense) is kind of a lost art form. I've found that most fresh college grads can't write their way out of a Deion Sanders tackle. The fact that you've chosen this path, and care about it, is very cool to see.

Well, if a little constructive criticism helps, I was bored as **** for 38 seconds. :ols:;)

I'll check back, CUH, and see what you've got. And don't downplay your life experience. No matter how "normal" our lives might seem, we all have entertaining anecdotes that happen every day in our lives, that in the hands of a good creative writer can be pretty damned entertaining.

FWIW, I enjoy freelance creative writing myself. I was 70 pages into my first book when my computer crapped out. And of course, I didn't have anything backed up. I chose an even more lame (lamer?) way to get back into the flow of writing. I joined a wrestling e-fed. I'm having fun with it. And when I feel I'm back up to speed, I'll start the book up again.

Best of luck to you. Writing, especially among the current batch of college kids (no offense) is kind of a lost art form. I've found that most fresh college grads can't write their way out of a Deion Sanders tackle. The fact that you've chosen this path, and care about it, is very cool to see.

It's always been this way, regardless of technology. A lot of people just can't write.

It's always been this way, regardless of technology. A lot of people just can't write.

That's probably true. I guess as I approach middle age, I'm just more aware of the deficiencies of you dang kids. ;) I'm sure part of that stems from realizing my own limitations as I get older, and the innate desire to tear down you young bucks as a result :ols:

But seriously, I don't think anyone should be able to graduate from a four-year institution without being able to communicate effectively in writing. And unfortunately, these days, that seems more like the rule than the exception.

Thanks for reading. :) There is definitely more to come. Writing is the only thing I've ever felt 100% sure I can do. I'm much more confident in my abilities in fiction than blogging/journal-writing, but I'm going to keep at it. I don't follow through with enough projects.

Thanks for reading. :) There is definitely more to come. Writing is the only thing I've ever felt 100% sure I can do. I'm much more confident in my abilities in fiction than blogging/journal-writing, but I'm going to keep at it. I don't follow through with enough projects.

That's good, man. You've got to believe 100% if this is something you're going to do. It's like trying to become an actor. You know as well as I do, there are a lot more "actors" waiting tables than there are acting. But believe in you, that's what will get you through those times that no one else seems to.

I think follow through is a big problem for a lot of creative people. If I can very humbly put myself in that category, I know it's a big issue for me. When I was working on my book, I'd write a few pages, and walk away from it for a month sometimes. I have my idea, and it's a good one. It's marketable. But it requires me to treat it like a job, commit to it, and follow through. That's my biggest problem.

But like I said, good luck to you man. You've got the right attitude to make this happen.

That's probably true. I guess as I approach middle age, I'm just more aware of the deficiencies of you dang kids. ;) I'm sure part of that stems from realizing my own limitations as I get older, and the innate desire to tear down you young bucks as a result :ols:

But seriously, I don't think anyone should be able to graduate from a four-year institution without being able to communicate effectively in writing. And unfortunately, these days, that seems more like the rule than the exception.

I agree but it really should be high school.

Man I had a great last 2 days... A coworker from Greensboro came down to help his buddy move into Cape Coral, so we went to the beach yesterday and today, drank outside, went into the ocean at dusk. Always good to see people that come from out of town...

Funniest story though me and his buddy are both trying to convince him to move down here, so we're at a rooftop bar sitting on the patio, and I'm going in to go to the bathroom and there's a fairly hot girl at the bar waiting on food. I ask her to go over and try to convince my friend to stay... Turns out she was a stripper and sat with us for about 2 hours... Eventually ending with my friend getting her number...

I agree but it really should be high school.

No question, but I don't want to seem unreasonable. There are kids that graduate from high school that are better suited for trades, and there's no shame in that whatsoever. But if you have an additional four years of higher learning, and still can't right worth a damn, that's criminal. Whether it's the kids' fault or the institutions' faults is a whole other argument. But instead of that, let's keep being random in this thread. :cheers:

Man I had a great last 2 days... A coworker from Greensboro came down to help his buddy move into Cape Coral, so we went to the beach yesterday and today, drank outside, went into the ocean at dusk. Always good to see people that come from out of town...

Funniest story though me and his buddy are both trying to convince him to move down here, so we're at a rooftop bar sitting on the patio, and I'm going in to go to the bathroom and there's a fairly hot girl at the bar waiting on food. I ask her to go over and try to convince my friend to stay... Turns out she was a stripper and sat with us for about 2 hours... Eventually ending with my friend getting her number...

Good to hear, brother. Glad you had a good time. And if you're so fond of out-of-towners......well.....I'm just saying. :)

She was a stripper at a bar and he couldn't get more than a number ?

She is a keeper.

Yeah, could you imagine meeting a stripper and then hooking up with her that night?

I actually kind of messed up last night, I have been talking with this girl and we went out to see a band a few weeks ago... I met up with her and her friends, well... Last night I kinda drunk dialed one of her friends because we were at the bar she worked at (But she wasn't there) and she said she was at this other bar, so I went over there and kinda hooked up with her last night...

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 09:41 PM ----------

and still can't right worth a damn, that's criminal.

Quoted for irony

I think us old guys consider hooking up as making out.

Older guys would say, hit it.

I like the newer phrase, "getting it in".

It is a lot clearer.

Alright kinda hooked up for me would be some kissing and touching...

I think us old guys consider hooking up as making out.

Older guys would say, hit it.

I like the newer phrase, "getting it in".

It is a lot clearer.

Random thought...What happened with the potential lady HH ?

No answer, bro. Welcome to my life. :(

In my defense, *sigh*, she hasn't posted on FB at all since I sent the request. So she either hasn't been on, or I'm so hideous she's abandoned FB altogether, in fear that I might try to talk to her. :ols:

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 09:53 PM ----------

Great button, Larry.

And true, far as I can tell.

Archived