Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Elaborate.

I just had the most amazing day and I knew I would going into it. I woke up like a kid on Christmas and walked the dog. I usually see a few people. but I saw a bunch of people I knew and everybody was happy. Then, I went to Wawa for smokes and a sammich and saw some people I hadn't seen in a while and they were all as happy as I was. Then I got some Micky Ds drive through (sweet tea and small fries only) and the fries were really fresh and they gave me a large order.

I liked the music on the radio as I drove to the local dog rescue to start volunteering and walking rescue dogs. They are so happy to be out. First was a little pitty puppy, who when I was walking, would jump around and bite the leash and play like a nut. As soon as I would knell down, she would dive into my lap and cuddle like a nut. It's so freaking cute. Next was an old girl, who reminded me of my dog and was just happy to be walking around. The last one I walked was Jeggers. I fell in love with him immediately. He is between 2 and 5 and a short haired border collie mix. He was perfect and it was just love at first sight. Perfect on the leash, liked to play, but wasn't needy. His face is half black, with a blue eye and half white, with a brown eye. So freaking adorable. It's love I'm telling ya.

So, I left there and because my land lords just gave me the okay to adopt or foster another dog, I called my exgirlfriend who is still a good friend (and hot) and we went to petsmart to get new doggie stuffs, then had drinks and snacks at PF Changs, where the bartender, I met the night before when she was at my bar, so I got the hook up. At the other end of the bar, was a girl I grew up with, with her husband and she told me her brother, who was a good friend for a long time, is having his first baby with his long time wife. More great happy loving news.

I dropped her off at her house, came home, walked the dog for a while and then took a nice long hot shower, since I was covered with puppy and mud and then went to the bar. The band who played, was a super influential band growing up and still a favorite. But now, they are just a super mellow rasta band, but Bad Brains was a band who taught me to love, when my life was at it's worst and I may have done something to help me enjoy mellow rasta a little more than usual.

As I sat there smiling like a kid, reflecting on how my life is so great and how it wasn't always and thinking about Jeggers and how I will affect his life, my little sister walks into the room and when I saw her, I lost it.

She then came over and asked "what the hell is wrong with you". I told her and she said "what, now I have to be the man in this family?" (my Dad is gay and except for my 9 year old niece, it's just the three of us) "put your big boy pants on, before you choke your new dog to death with the giant tampon string hanging out of your weeping vagina". Then it was all laughter.

What a great day. Viva Life!

i love watching women's tennis..

Reminds me of the scene in Bad Santa, when he is sitting on the bench watching girls play volley ball, eating a corn dog and drinking a beer.

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 03:49 PM ----------

This not working PM thing is annoying.

Reminds me of the scene in Bad Santa, when he is sitting on the bench watching girls play volley ball, eating a corn dog and drinking a beer.

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 03:49 PM ----------

This not working PM thing is annoying.

might be your browser, doesn't work for me on firefox but on chrome it does

Arguing math on ES at 2am on a Friday...life is great. :ols:

Edit: Thanks for bumping this thread Katie, I was looking for it earlier but was too lazy to search for it.

Cmon man don't bring that math **** into the RTT....and you're welcome...I clicked on page two and was happy it was on top cause I sure as hell wasn't gonna keep searching.

And Kosher, fine, people can CALL me and tell me they're not coming over. Whichever, just don't tell me you're coming over and then fake without saying anything. Rude.

Archived