Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

^ Ya gotta give yourself 10-15 quickslaps to get the adrenaline going, works for me every time.:)

Kid,a couple of hundred years ago when I was your age,that kind of worked. By now,well,that pic says it all. ;)

PCS that's how I felt when I woke up at 615.

Some mornings Ren,are tougher than others. And 4:30 a.m. certainly came quick.

4.gif

wonderful way to take a final today...

I got up extra early, had some coffee, reviewed some before i left for class...got in class 30 mins early to catch up on my study materials again...kid walks in and sits infront of me, about a minute later, I see him reaching down to the ground and he starts going into a seizure, faceplants into the ground and chairs, and starts violently convulsing on the floor.

some military guys in my class take off running over with me and they try to open his mouth to stick a marker and then his calculator in his mouth since he started choking on his tongue. Finally, he passed out with the calculator in his mouth and regained consciousness 3 minutes later, but couldnt say anything for a couple minutes. The first thing he told the teacher was that he wanted to take the exam.

it took 25 minutes for the stupid god damn PG County EMS services to show up, and they let him take the exam...:wtf: blood was everywhere all over the floor since he cut his head and his tongue from biting it.

So, my study time for the final went from 30 minutes to 5 minutes, and needless to say, I didnt do well on it and didnt get an A in the class like I had hoped for since I spent the past two days studying for it. My mind went blank trying to figure out what to do with the guy, and it erased everything I had studied from my head....FML :(

You should probably talk to your professor and see if you can retake the exam.

I did tell her that I wasnt in the right mind when I took the exam since I had her in the next class....she told me I should have told her before the exam and she would have postponed it for me....thanks for telling me that AFTER the fact :doh:

In the second class I was 3 points off from an A...I am so damn pissed off she wouldnt atleast give me one A :mad:

Why can't I watch a video on youtube, or even a youtube video embedded on here? If I go to a website that has a video (news website, movie trailer, etc...) I can watch it fine, but for some reason with a youtube video I click on the play button, and the little circle just spins around, and around, and around, and around, and around... Any ideas? :whoknows:

EDIT: That sucks TBLTO! At least the kid's ok though, right.

EDIT: That sucks TBLTO! At least the kid's ok though, right.

Yeah, he's fine....I just cant believe they let him take the exam though and didnt take him to the hospital. Apparently he didnt take his medication this morning before class.

It was one of the scariest things I've ever seen....when he started choking on his tongue he sounded like he was dying.

Yeah, he's fine....I just cant believe they let him take the exam though and didnt take him to the hospital. Apparently he didnt take his medication this morning before class.

It was one of the scariest things I've ever seen....when he started choking on his tongue he sounded like he was dying.

That's definately something that would've freaked me the hell out. You know you gotta do something, can't just let the dude die, but it's definately a "WTF do I do here" kinda moment.

How do you even choke on your tongue in the first place?

Technically,it's not choking on the tongue. Tongue can swell and/or tighten up and possibly obstruct the airway during a seizure. What can cause choking is any vomit,saliva,or blood that may occur and can't get pass the tongue. OR IN THIS CASE,trying to place something in the mouth. Do not do this as whatever is being used can get lodged in the airway. Better to let the person bite their tongue than do that. Placing a person on their side and pointing the face downward is the best thing to do while riding out the seizure I believe.

how so? he was biting his tongue and his mouth was bleeding, they shoved his calculator in his mouth and that helped stop the violent convulsions because it was restricting his breathing

dunno i was watching doctor oz and he was going on about seizures and he clearly stated you cannot choke on your tongue. maybe you can bite it am not sure but he was adamant about choking on your tongue.

Talking to my ex-wife still makes me want to break things. I really must get over that, and quickly.

It's okay when I broke up with Brit I shattered a couple of pint glasses on my deck when she would try to talk to me....mature, I know, but it seriously made me feel so much better :silly:

On a lighter note, why are guys so damn stupid? Call girls confusing all you want, but when guys are too dense to understand simple situations, it escalates the entire situation to a convoluted cluster****...

And TBLTO, that really sucks dude, I can't imagine taking an exam after seeing that **** go down...maybe you did better than you think you did, at least you had studied before and weren't tryin to cram for the 30 minutes...

[damn long ass random though thread post]

Technically,it's not choking on the tongue. Tongue can swell and/or tighten up and possibly obstruct the airway during a seizure. What can cause choking is any vomit,saliva,or blood that may occur and can't get pass the tongue. OR IN THIS CASE,trying to place something in the mouth. Do not do this as whatever is being used can get lodged in the airway. Better to let the person bite their tongue than do that. Placing a person on their side and pointing the face downward is the best thing to do while riding out the seizure I believe.

exactly what dr. oz said

exactly what dr. oz said

They were pretty adamant about that part of first aid training as well as when I was a medic all those years ago. Practical experience,(of which I have had my share),says they weren't kidding. Practical experience also says that it's damned scary no matter how many times you deal with it so sorry BLTO had to go through that.

Archived