Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Out of the top 15 RBs, Portis was LAST in longest run. He is also towards the bottom in YPC and TDs.

You are putting too much emphasis in longest runs.

He averaged 4.3 YPC. Anything 4+ is really good!

Considering how awful our offense was last year, the fact that he scored 9TDs is also very good.

You have to look at the whole picture.

Out of the top 15 RBs, Portis was LAST in longest run. He is also towards the bottom in YPC and TDs.

lol.

so he doesnt get the long runs he is now worse then Brandon Jacobs?

un****ingreal.

4.3 and 5.0 are so freaking different. you and robin should get 27 jerseys then.

Another thing, when opposing teams know to play the run b/c the passing game sucks, they are going to stack the box. The Oline broke down on top of everything else. There is no denying that Portis made the best of the situation last year from start to finish.

Another thing, when opposing teams know to play the run b/c the passing game sucks, they are going to stack the box. The Oline broke down on top of everything else. There is no denying that Portis made the best of the situation last year from start to finish.

I'm not saying he didnt make the best of the situation. All I'm saying is that all this hype over Portis is crazy.

talk about jacobs like he does something. i expect it from robin..but not from you dude. :doh:

where did I say that Portis wasn't better than Jacobs?

I'm not saying he didnt make the best of the situation. All I'm saying is that all this hype over Portis is crazy.

And Mike...where did I say that Portis was better than Jacobs?

youre basically backing up what Robin said...and thats what she is saying.

youre basically backing up what Robin said...and thats what she is saying.

I'm backing her up on the count that Portis is overrated. NOT on the fact that Jacobs is better. Portis is a better blocker and MUCH better all around back than Jacobs. But still is not the top 5 back that people make him out to be.

Archived