Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Elliot Rodger. Dude went on killing spree earlier this year. He would rant about how he was so great but women never gave him a chance even though he, in his own words, were so desireable. Muy creepy.

Yeah, it was. At the time, just seeing his pic I thought, "What could be wrong? He's pretty goodlooking, driving a BMW...girls should be all over him!"...there must be one helluva personality wrinkle.

And, of course, there was. Dude was a complete crackpot.

I had quoted your rant but I felt this one was just as good.

Do you think you are gay ?

Typically women think you are gay when ...wait for it...you act like a ****.

I am seriously not trying to be a jerk here. We give you plenty of tough love and advice.

I think you have fake confidence. People see through that, it's weak.

I gave you a basic outline a little while back, and this is your current situation ?

You are a knucklehead, you don't listen (read) or take advice because you think you know everything.

At 24 you should be a little bit wiser, and have at least some game.

I had brought up the point that while he likes to dress sharp all the time, in college, it can send the wrong message to the ladies.  I'm sure if you showed mature women lets say age 30+, who have experienced life, a picture of Moco dressed to impress most would think, looks like a nicely dressed young man, etc.

Then when you told them that he dressed like that every day, not just going out on the town or a date.  But 24/7 and in college and asked them what they would have thought or their friends thought about that if they were still college girls you would get multiple answers, one being giving off the gay vibe like he said he has gotten before.

Now, I know he's 24 and older than average college kids (18-22), which makes it more difficult anyhow.  But you can dress comfortable and down and I'm willing to bet, that he would start to fit in more as he blended in.  Sounds corny, but people, especially college kids are very shallow and trying to stand out and be that unique person doesn't always work.

He's got plenty of time to dress to impress, save that **** for dates and office jobs.  Grab that hoodie, Redskins hat, toss on some cargo shorts and get to mixing son.

He's got plenty of time to dress to impress, save that **** for dates and office jobs.  Grab that hoodie, Redskins hat, toss on some cargo shorts and get to mixing son.

I would agree, just because I'm a rather casual person myself...jeans and team gear usually always. (Hubby & I wear matching Duke shirts pretty frequently, LOL)

But that's not "real" for MoCo, and I get the vibe that he doesn't want to misrepresent himself. I do agree with whoever said more activities with other students would help...you gotta get yourself out there, no matter how you're dressed.

Be your ****ing self. It seems like that guise you wear is becoming a semi-permanent fixture. Focus on you and actively improve aspects of yourself that you don't care for.

Yeah, but what if your true self isn't anything desireable? Shouldn't we try to better ourselves? I think there's a difference between being a caricature of a type of person and actually being a or working toward being a better person. 

If you're lazy, disheveled, boring to talk to—DON'T be yourself. 

Taze, I ditched cargo shorts this summer. I still have some I wear around the house but I never wear them out of the house. I get the impression that cargo shorts are lame now.

I'm not wearing bright colored shorts like the kids, mostly gray, tan, navy, simple patterns like stripes. Shorts that in a few inches above the knee.

From cargo shorts that went past the knee, or at least to the knee... to what it more trendy. It was a change.

I'm also in tighter fitting shirts. A medium fits well.

Don't get me started on the jeans I bougth for the winter.

I would agree, just because I'm a rather casual person myself...jeans and team gear usually always. (Hubby & I wear matching Duke shirts pretty frequently, LOL)

But that's not "real" for MoCo, and I get the vibe that he doesn't want to misrepresent himself. I do agree with whoever said more activities with other students would help...you gotta get yourself out there, no matter how you're dressed.

Seriously. He says he wants a girl with a kind heart? Go where girls with kind hearts go—they go volunteer at soup kitchens and such. 

The thing that worries me is that Moco claims he has no friends. Humans are social animals—they need other human interaction to be healthy. I think once he addresses this situation and just goes out to have friends of either sex, things will take care of themself.

Set a goal in the next 7 days to attend three new activities. Can't be talking to a bunch of f'n weirdos online all the time. My wife who loves me dearly thinks it's weird when I reference conversations I have here in real life. 

Taze, I ditched cargo shorts this summer. I still have some I wear around the house but I never wear them out of the house. I get the impression that cargo shorts are lame now.

I'm not wearing bright colored shorts like the kids, mostly gray, tan, navy, simple patterns like stripes. Shorts that in a few inches above the knee.

From cargo shorts that went past the knee, or at least to the knee... to what it more trendy. It was a change.

I'm also in tighter fitting shirts. A medium fits well.

Don't get me started on the jeans I bougth for the winter.

I stopped wearing jeans altogether. I find khakis so much more comfortable than jeans. 

Agree on the cargo shorts, simple shorts—gray, khaki, brown. I get them at like Ross or TJ Maxx. Patterns scare me so I haven't gone there. The first few years of parenthood have caused me to put on some weight, so I'm backing off the tight shirts for everyone's sake. Working to drop the pudge though. :D

So I just ran his situation by my wife and she said that the way he dresses would be fine at say Columbia, Harvard, Ivy League schools, etc.  because the majority of students there are dressed the same.  She said that if she were still in college, she would have caught a potential gay vibe coming off.  

She said to tell him to toss on some Razorback gear with shorts/jeans for a while.  I get he wants to be himself and he loves dressing sharp.  But college life is harsh enough.  My wife couldn't have said it better, she said, "Remember that college is just one step above high school."  "Still loaded with drama and judgmental kids."

Yeah, but what if your true self isn't anything desireable? Shouldn't we try to better ourselves? I think there's a difference between being a caricature of a type of person and actually being a or working toward being a better person. 

If you're lazy, disheveled, boring to talk to—DON'T be yourself. 

I guess I feel like everyone has it in them to not be a "lazy, disheveled" person. Each one of us has something unique and incredible to offer. That's more of what I mean haha.

In short: "Be you and work on you".

average margin of victory on Thursday Night Football?  29 points.

The NFL is embarrassing itself.  If this trend of blowouts continue, wonder how much longer TNF will last.  I know its all about the money, but with most of these games being over by halftime, its gotta be bad for business...right?  I know there's probably no such thing as bad business for the NFL if they're making $$$$, but the TNF product this year has been garbage.

Thats really ****ed up to compare someone to a shooter. I'll get joked on all day but there are some things you just don't compare other people to mostly Shooters and Nazis. 

Back to the RTT

Why do people even take out their phones on elevators I know half of the people doing it dont have service they just staring at a blank screen trying not to talk to anyone.

Why do people even take out their phones on elevators I know half of the people doing it dont have service they just staring at a blank screen trying not to talk to anyone.

guilty as charged.  sometimes if i see somebody I really don't wanna talk to, i'll even pretend to be talking on my phone... :(

Jumping on the Thursday Night Football theme. The last three weeks have had the biggest blowouts. I think a correlation with the last three weeks is you have a veteran staff for one team and a new staff for another. So Lovie Smith and Jay Gruden are in their first years with their teams. Their players are still learning the positions and the coaches are still learning their players. Gruden was working his first ever TNF with a team that was injured against a veteran staff that has one Super Bowls.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the new staffs are the ones losing big time on Thursday Night Football.

guilty as charged.  sometimes if i see somebody I really don't wanna talk to, i'll even pretend to be talking on my phone... :(

I always whip out my cell and pretend to talk on it when there are organizations outside the groc store soliciting for money.  It's not that I don't want to make donations or support organizations like the Boy and Girl Scouts.  I buy cookies every year, from our friend's daughter and we donate all the time to various charitable organizations (Smile Train - since our daughter had a cleft palate, childrens miracle network, Kidney foundation, various cancers, etc.).

Reason I do that is to avoid that awkward conversation where when you tell them you already donated and they give you that look or make some rude remark back.  Not all that are out there raising money do that, but some do and it's an uncomfortable situation.  Plus I rarely have cash on me anyhow.

I remember a few years back, I got a call from a lady asking me for a donation to Breast Cancer.  I told her that I already had donated to multiple organizations/foundations and I would not be able to make another donation at this time.  Conversation went south immediately and ended up like this:

Lady:  It's just $20 and it will help out a lot.

Taze:  Mam, like I just said, we have just donated to the Smile Train, Leukemia foundation, Childrens Miracle Network almost every time we go to the grocery store, Kidney foundation and a couple of others that slip my memory right now.  I'm sorry, but I won't be making a donation at this time.

Lady:  But it's only $20, less than $1 per day and its for a great cause.  Can I send you the pledge sheet in the mail.

Taze:  Mam, again, Im sorry but I wont be making a donation at this time.  We have made multiple donations and generous ones to the other organizations I just mentioned and it is not possible at this time.

Lady:  So you don't care about giving money to a great cause to fund research for breast cancer knowing how many women suffer and die from this horrible disease.  So you don't care about all the women suffering and dying and don't want to do anything about it.

Taze:  Yeah, I do understand how horrible the disease is, I've lost family members to breast cancer, my only uncle to a rare blood leukemia and friends and family members to other horrible diseases.  So why don't you stop trying to guilt people into making a donation and trying to make them feel like a piece of **** if they don't make one.  Have a nice day.

Thats really ****ed up to compare someone to a shooter. I'll get joked on all day but there are some things you just don't compare other people to mostly Shooters and Nazis. 

Back to the RTT

It was a joke.  I was under the impression that you of all people are willing to let humor go pretty far without worrying who it offends.

You make all these comments about how you are the way you are and you don't care what people think, and then people take a well-timed shot at you and you cry foul.

I don't know you in real life but online you come off as a deeply dissatisfied, lonely person who's not quite sure why the world isn't catering to him.  That's the last I'll say about it because it's not my place to judge, but I think you need to get some counseling, drop the front, and find a social hobby that will let you start meeting people.  To take it a step further you need one or two truly deep friendships where you can confide things in people that you're not willing to share with others.  Seriously, that's vital for a healthy life, at least for me.

But hey, I'm just a dude on the internet.  I could very well be wrong.

I whip out my cell phone when getting into elevators to MAKE SURE I have service. I have a fear of being trapped in an elevator. Fear of being trapped in a cavern. Fear or being buried alive. Basically, a fear of being in a location that I cannot escape from, the more claustrophobic the scarier.

It was a joke. I was under the impression that you of all people are willing to let humor go pretty far without worrying who it offends.

You make all these comments about how you are the way you are and you don't care what people think, and then people take a well-timed shot at you and you cry foul.

I don't know you in real life but online you come off as a deeply dissatisfied, lonely person who's not quite sure why the world isn't catering to him. That's the last I'll say about it because it's not my place to judge, but I think you need to get some counseling, drop the front, and find a social hobby that will let you start meeting people. To take it a step further you need one or two truly deep friendships where you can confide things in people that you're not willing to share with others. Seriously, that's vital for a healthy life, at least for me.

But hey, I'm just a dude on the internet. I could very well be wrong.

Dr. Phil? Is that you???

You could be taking advantage of potentially hilarious situations Taze. If someone was to walk up to you wanting you to sign something about stopping "Abusive poppy mills" just say "I hate dogs" and keep walking. or if someone tries to talk to you about breast cancer say that "I'm more of an ass person" and walk away.

Archived