Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Alright this made me laugh...

A young boy went up to his father and asked him, 'Dad, what is the difference between 'potentially' and 'realistically'?'

The father thought for a moment, then answered, 'Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Then ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars, and then ask your brother if he'd sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you learn from that.'

So the boy went to his mother and asked, 'Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?' The mother replied, 'Of course I would! We could really use that money to fix up the house and send you kids to a great University!'

The boy then went to his sister and asked, 'Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?' The girl replied, 'Oh my Gawd! I LOVE Brad Pitt I would sleep with him in a heartbeat, are you nuts?'

The boy then went to his brother and asked, 'Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?' 'Of course,' the brother replied. 'Do you know what a million bucks would buy?'

The boy pondered the answers for a few days and then went back to his dad. His father asked him, 'Did you find out the difference between 'potentially' and 'realistically'?' The boy replied, 'Yes, 'Potentially', you and I are sitting on three million dollars . But 'realistically', we're living with two hookers and a homo.

I feel you.  You got an issue with me, come see me.  I don't shy away from coming at you with issues.  It is all in the presentation and how you treat/talk to people.  You can't be successful AND afraid of discussing issues.  We are only as successful as our weakest link and I'll put you on my back if you need it - I hope others would do the same for me if I'm caught slipping.

The taste of Victory is sweet.  The other managers basically told her I was right.  So she sent out a corrected email.  They are going to revise this policy, which honestly was needed.  

back and forth emails can cause more harm than good as well.  Things don't always come across the same when typing.

Yeah, but I'm a remote associate and work from home, email and interoffice messenger chat is 90% of my communication with everyone else.  Just our department/team consists of something like 150+ people (including management) and it's hard to get them on the phone due to meetings, client calls, etc.  

So whats the deal with Smash Burger? They just opened one up by me.....5 guys rip off?

I've been there before.  Standard burger, good stuff.  I would say it is slightly better than Five Guys, the patties aren't as greasy and fatty.  Toppings seem fresher too.

I hate getting verbally reprimanded at work.  I never make mistakes, leave me alone.

That was a joke.  But honestly this was some petty bullcrap.  Someone said I put my feet up on my desk, at another site.  I was like damn **** off.

lol, office life is so petty man.  So glad I don't have to deal with that side of drama anymore.  You go out to eat lunch with a female co-worker, you'all be ****ing according to half the office making up **** cause they got nothing better to do.  People always trying to mess with you and kiss ass to the boss to get ahead and ****.

Once I got an office with a door on it (before I was remote), I'd spend 95% of my day with it closed.  I got tired of looking at people look in walking by, etc. 

That's why I don't understand the fascination with Five Guys. **** was a slimy, gooey mass of sadness.

Ya I agree with that.  I mean, it tasted good, but none of the toppings stand out.  I've been there maybe 3-4 times, and each time I get it loaded with all the toppings.  I looked at the burger and was like, where are the toppings?  Mushrooms, bacon, onions, pickles, etc.  They are all mushed together.

Ya I agree with that.  I mean, it tasted good, but none of the toppings stand out.  I've been there maybe 3-4 times, and each time I get it loaded with all the toppings.  I looked at the burger and was like, where are the toppings?  Mushrooms, bacon, onions, pickles, etc.  They are all mushed together.

That's the point...I end up eating mine with a fork (like a bleedin' limey, sorry GHH), and it's so friggin' awesome. We've got one within 5 miles with a Firehouse Subs next door to it, so FH usually wins...but maybe 3-4 times a year we go for all that nastiness.

Like a bag of Krystals.(or the D)...sometimes you just gotta have it. :P

Not to mention the massive **** that follows.

I actually think BHR is pretty good. Overpriced but good. Their fries are great.

OOOO---you're so not BSing about the S. My boss weighs about...well, let's just say she's a big, big girl...brought it in & consumed last Saturday. No amount of spray stuff has fixed that issue since.

I am not kidding.

do they have "Crave Real Burgers" in DC?  i think its a national chain (pretty new, though), they got some NASTY burgers up in there.  haven't been to any other burger joint since we found this place.  Five Guys my ass...

burger-wolf.jpg

burger-cubano.jpg

burger-luther.jpg

do they have "Crave Real Burgers" in DC?  i think its a national chain (pretty new, though), they got some NASTY burgers up in there.  haven't been to any other burger joint since we found this place.  Five Guys my ass...

Damnnnnn those look bomb as hell.

Not sure about DC.  I haven't seen em here in LA.

There's a place called The Counter here that I like, similar to what you posted.

Archived