Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Abraham for Ramsey? Deal in the works, per Tony K? (Rumor)

MorgantownHokie88

This wouldn't be shocking. What would be surprising though is if it was a straight up trade. I'd imagine we'd need to sweeten the pot with a draft choice. Abraham has shown a hell of a lot more than Ramsey and it's not like he plays long snapper. Pass-rushing ends are HARD to come by.

Still, if the Jets are running the San Diego WCO, I'm not sure how Ramsey's skills fit. He has poor feet and average at best touch. Perhaps they are just looking for someone who is willing to take a beating behind a swiss cheese offensive line? Ramsey has that feather in his cap for sure. :)

I don't see how this can happen, the Jets have franchised Abraham, meaning they get 2 1st round picks as compensation if anybody takes him. I think we'd be foolish to give up 2 future #1s for this guy.

That 2 #1 picks thing is if some other kind of deal can't be worked out -- that's the default. A swap involving another team's player and draft pick is not forbidden.

I don't see how this can happen, the Jets have franchised Abraham, meaning they get 2 1st round picks as compensation if anybody takes him. I think we'd be foolish to give up 2 future #1s for this guy.

You should really read more... and post less. You might learn something.

The tag is more of a shackle so that Abraham cant get away scott free into Free Agency, its not set in stone. They can lift the tag at any time to facilitate a trade.

Saying that, im sure it's Ramsey and this years 2nd for Abraham if its true.

Rumor aside, I'd feel bad for Ramsey being sent up there. The Jets have a horrible offensive line --- he'll get killed up there. His most reliable target is The Toe. Pat can't catch a break.

And to top it off thier best person on the line and 2 other people is about to leave. They ask Mawae for a paycut he said no si I guess they are going to cut him.

If we do bring in J. Abraham we DO have cap room

I can't wait till March 3rd

How does that work?

Very cool if true.

As for the trade, I think we'll need to sweeten the deal with a first rounder, possibly a second. But I think there will be no getting around Ramsey + first rounder (2007 of course). jmho, of course.

How does that work?

Very cool if true.

As for the trade, I think we'll need to sweeten the deal with a first rounder, possibly a second. But I think there will be no getting around Ramsey + first rounder (2007 of course). jmho, of course.

If we somehow brought in Abraham, A) we would have to have enough cap room to have his "rights" and B) he is going to cost a hell of a lot more against the cap then Ramsey will this year

But it is the TK show, and I take everything with a grain of salt in terms of breaking sports news

The tag is more of a shackle so that Abraham cant get away scott free into Free Agency.........

Saying that, im sure it's Ramsey and this years 2nd for Abraham if its true.

I wouldn't be so certain that the price tag is that high for Abraham. They Pat Kirwin was talking about Abraham's situation on Sirius Satellite Radio last Friday. He said Abraham has the Jets over a barrel with or without the franchise tag because no team is going to straight up deal for Abraham, who wants a big contract unless Abraham handpicks the trade partner. They said Abraham could essentially veto any deal by publicly stating that he doesn't want to go to that place and dragging his feet with the completion of a physical. Kirwin was basically adding that a team wants to feel good about players that it acquires via a trade. I would love to see the front office work two thirds (this year and next year's if we have them) + Ramsey for Abraham. At this point the Jets are in a similar situation as we are in with Ramsey, with the exception that we have Ramsey contractually for another year and Abraham had to be tagged to get compensation for him.

At this point the Jets are in a similar situation as we are in with Ramsey, with the exception that we have Ramsey contractually for another year and Abraham had to be tagged to get compensation for him.

Also, the difference in salary is substantial. If tagged, Abraham costs the Jets over $8M, Ramsey would cost under $2M. For a team that needs a QB... and needs to trim space... the Jets might do it.

Sometimes... cap relief is the value of a player.

Something to keep in mind as the rumors will be swirling fast and furious over the next couple of weeks is the fact that agents and FO executives will be using our team's name to up the ante. And why not? People will buy it. We've shown a history of using any means necessary to get the player we covet.

The way to gauge the validity of these rumors is by the Gibbs/Cerrato's reaction. When King thumped his chest and pronounced the Skins to be the front-runner for TO about a month ago, the team quickly shot down the notion. This will happen again should people try to fabricate interest that we never had.

Should the team be vague or say things like "we're looking at any way we can to improve our team" then I'd say a rumor has some legs.

I'd expect this particular rumor to heat up before it cools down despite the notion that I believe Ramsey to be a poor fit in young Schottenheimer's offense.

Archived