Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Abraham for Ramsey? Deal in the works, per Tony K? (Rumor)

MorgantownHokie88

On the KFFL Redskins forums they are saying Lavar is involved in this trade, just another rumor though.

Well if its true so be it, but other than cap relief, I don't like it.

Especially if Lavar gets his head right.

The Jets might get the best of us for once :jetssuck: .

Yeah bringing in Abraham would cost a minimum of the average of the top five salaries at defensive end in 2006. I am not sure exactly what this number is, but it is more than the $1.7 million that Patrick Ramsey would be slated to recieve. That is, of course, provided that Abraham does not sign a new contract, something that would likely be a condition of his arrival in Washington through a trade.

This wouldn't be shocking. What would be surprising though is if it was a straight up trade. I'd imagine we'd need to sweeten the pot with a draft choice. Abraham has shown a hell of a lot more than Ramsey and it's not like he plays long snapper. Pass-rushing ends are HARD to come by.

Still, if the Jets are running the San Diego WCO, I'm not sure how Ramsey's skills fit. He has poor feet and average at best touch. Perhaps they are just looking for someone who is willing to take a beating behind a swiss cheese offensive line? Ramsey has that feather in his cap for sure. :)

:shhh: keep it down. don't want them knowing that his skills don't fit

The tag is more of a shackle so that Abraham cant get away scott free into Free Agency, its not set in stone. They can lift the tag at any time to facilitate a trade.

Saying that, im sure it's Ramsey and this years 2nd for Abraham if its true.

so,does this mean if we get abraham,lavar is gone?we cant possibly pay both.

Archived