Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Abraham for Ramsey? Deal in the works, per Tony K? (Rumor)

MorgantownHokie88

I think this would be a mistake of immeasurable proportions. Lots of people want to get rid of Lavar because he wore his heart on his sleeve. Yet people are willing to take on a player who wants to be paid like the highest paid D ends and who once refused to play in a PLAYOFF game. This guy doesn't care about the team concept. Unless we pay him he isn't going to give us his all. I would rather have Phillip Daniels and Renaldo Wynn any day of the week, twice on SUNDAY.

I wouldn't give the Jets a bag of F'ing rocks for John Abraham. I especially wouldn't give my backup QB and a draft pick. I don't think there is any way this deal gets done.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I was wondering if this was they same guy. :doh: I am concerned what message bringing him here for that price would bring to the other defensive players who we are essential asking to take paycuts. (Yes LA included).

Plus, I would give up Ramsey but Ramsey and a draft pick is way too much especially when we are the ones going to have to pay him all that money. :doh: I am definitely interested in seeing how this is going to pay out.

Aaron Kampman is bigger than John Abraham by 25 pounds and had 81 takcles last year. Abraham had 58. That tells me that Kampman plays the run better. Keep Phillip Daniels and trade Ramsey to Green Bay, surely they don't want to go into next year with just an unproven Aaron Rodgers at the helm. We don't need any part of John Abraham.

Kampman is an UFA. We wouldn't have to give up anything to sign him if he's affordable.

The tag is more of a shackle so that Abraham cant get away scott free into Free Agency, its not set in stone. They can lift the tag at any time to facilitate a trade.

Saying that, im sure it's Ramsey and this years 2nd for Abraham if its true.

I hope it is not the 2nd rounder. I hope its the third and fifth. We need to keep that secound rounder.

I don't disagree with you. But Gibbs comes from a time where the philsophy was to take the bird in the hand. Nothing I've seen the past few seasons has led me to believe that he values draft picks any more now than he did back then. He tends to target a handful of players rather than the "sit back and see who falls in our lap" approach.

We probably could have had picks for Coles but Gibbs preferred Moss. He traded a future pick for Cooley. He fell in love with Campbell and traded 2 future picks for him. He traded a pick for James Thrash. Am I missing anyone else?

If this does happen - I'm not surprised that he prefers a player in return for Ramsey instead of picks. In fact, I'd be surprised if he didn't want a player.

Absolutely right on. Trading draft picks isn't a bad thing. Trading draft picks for aging stars is. If you trade draft picks for young productive players, thats is perfectly ok imho. If GW and Gibbs think Abraham is a player we would like, then trading Ramsey and some picks is worth a 27 yr old DE who had nearly 11 sacks last year. If Abe was 35, I would agree with should not mortgage our future. Picking up a proven 27 yr old DE is not mortaging our future, provided that gibbs and co. believe in him.

I went over to the GangGreen Jets fan forum and from what i gathered they are asking:

1. Matt Schaub and a 2nd or 3rd for Abraham OR

2. Lavar and Ramsey for Abraham

Pretty crazy if you ask me.

On the KFFL Redskins forums they are saying Lavar is involved in this trade, just another rumor though.

If it helps our cap situation, I'd do Lavar and Ramsey for Abraham in a heartbeat. We've got to look at Campbell sometime and the natural progression would be to make him the backup this year. Who would replace Lavar at LB?

i agree in priciple that getting rid of lavar and ramsey should also produce some cap benefits.. but it does not always work out that way. we took a hit to get moss. worked out well for us. but we are in worse shape cap wise this year than last.

but both lavar and ramsey for abraham??? not worth it at all given abraham's penchant for public whining. as others have said, better to get kampman or trade lavar to the niners for carter and get some picks back.

i would favor trading ramsey straight up to the jets for a pick or perhaps for a player like mccareins...

insiders.com has a lengthy article on how the skins could get under the cap without major losses. seems logical, but what do i know.??

i agree in priciple that getting rid of lavar and ramsey should also produce some cap benefits.. but it does not always work out that way. we took a hit to get moss. worked out well for us. but we are in worse shape cap wise this year than last.

but both lavar and ramsey for abraham??? not worth it at all given abraham's penchant for public whining. as others have said, better to get kampman or trade lavar to the niners for carter and get some picks back.

i would favor trading ramsey straight up to the jets for a pick or perhaps for a player like mccareins...

insiders.com has a lengthy article on how the skins could get under the cap without major losses. seems logical, but what do i know.??

I think Carter is a UFA, he is not a real OLB, more of a tweener.

I think ths Skins are gonna trade Lavar to any team that wants him, and I don't know that they'll be many. I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins said to the Jets that Ramsey and Lavar are a package deal......you can't have Ramsey without taking Lavar.

Given our trading history with the Jets, I think another trade with them is a great possibility, if not, likely to happen. Both teams are going to realize that they have problem players that they don't want on their roster and they're going to help each other out. And, again, both teams should be happy with what they got in return if something like this goes down.

Archived