Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd: Worth It?

Taylor 21

I feel about the same atoldskin, with the exception of wanting Moulds and Davis. Davis is decent and Moulds (he's 33) is a great receiver but he's aging and I think we need someone a lot younger. Bryant (25 6'2"), Koren Robinson (26 and 6'1"), and Lloyd (25 yrs. and 6') are probably the top three that we could realistically get (imo), although Lloyd may reasonable be too costly for us.

As shown ^ these receivers all have good height and are all at least as young as Santana. A young, fast, explosive receiving core (not to mention any of them would take a lot of coverage off of Santana) would immediately make us a serious super-bowl threat with our top-notch defense, almost regardless of whether or not we find a new DE. I would love to have any of these three guys.

The Smurfs did have success but they had this guy who was fairly big named Art Monk to take the pressure off.

The likes of Chris Cooley can not take the pressure off? He, like Monk, is 6'3 but a little heavier. Mike Sellers is also 6'3 but even heavier than both of them. Get the point yet?

We already have those guys to take the pressure off or to 'go get it'. Use what we have and get another fast WR who can catch just like Moss.

I mostly agree with you atoldskin but Moulds is aging (33) and I'm not sure about how good Davis really could be for us. Bryant (6'2" and 25), Koren Robinson (6'1" and 26), and Lloyd (6' and 25) are the top three guys imo that we could reasonably get, although Lloyd may be out of our reach.

All three would help provide a young, fast, explosive receiving core as well as force defenses to stop rolling coverage on Santana. It basically turns our offense into a "PICK YOUR POISON" with Al Saunders and Gibbs running it. Along with our defense, instantly propels into a serious superbowl threat possibly without addressing the DE problem. I really hope we take a good shot at these guys.

I would rather prefer Wayne or Randle El but that most likely won't happen from what I have seen of Lloyd. He does good speed, good hands pretty much can catch anything that is thrown to him. He also have great leaping ablity he would be a good option , If all else fails don't forget that David Givens will probably still be out there. I'm not sure that the Patriots will be able to resign him.

I mostly agree with you atloldskin but Moulds is aging (33) and I'm not sure about how good Davis really could be for us. Bryant (6'2" and 25), Koren Robinson (6'1" and 26), and Lloyd (6' and 25) are the top three guys imo that we could reasonably get, although Lloyd may be out of our reach.

All three would help provide a young, fast, explosive receiving core as well as force defenses to stop rolling coverage on Santana. It basically turns our offense into a "PICK YOUR POISON" with Al Saunders and Gibbs running it. Along with our defense, instantly propels into a serious superbowl threat possibly without addressing the DE problem. I really hope we take a good shot at these guys.

I mostly agree with you atloldskin but Moulds is aging (33) and I'm not sold on Davis. Bryant (6'2" and 25), Koren Robinson (6'1" and 26), and Lloyd (6' and 25) are the top three guys imo that we could reasonably get, although Lloyd may be out of our reach.

I mostly agree with you atloldskin but Moulds is aging (33) and I'm not sold on Davis. Bryant (6'2" and 25), Koren Robinson (6'1" and 26), and Lloyd (6' and 25) are the top three guys imo that we could reasonably get, although Lloyd may be out of our reach.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/59428.htm

Oakland and D.C. sources tell The Post that there were two big reasons Al Saunders shocked the NFL world and took the Washington offensive coordinator job instead of the Raiders' head-coaching vacancy that was his for the taking. Avoiding working for Al Davis was a bonus, as was the $2 million annual salary that Washington paid him. Saunders wasn't likely to get much more than that to run the Raiders.

The Post also has learned that linebacker LaVar Arrington is willing to do anything within his power to remain a Redskin. He's already told the club that he'd re-do his contract, if necessary.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

At this point, if Lloyd could come to us and we remain under salary cap (after the front office manages to redo contracts to help a situation which looks hopeless), this would be ideal.

However, with a quarterback like Alex Smith, and his outstanding ability to catch the ball, why would the 49ers allow him to leave?

Hail Redskins!

Lloyd is very good and would be nice to have. But, we can get somebody else to fill our needs as a #2 receiver. Our focus should remain on building the defensive line to make it as strong as possible. We have a defense and a coordinator that is Super Bowl caliber. If we can find one more pass rusher I think we'll be set.

We also need a new kicker (I'm guessing Hall is a goner) and punter, and we don't have much money from what everyone is reporting. I think any receiver we pick up is gonna have to be from the bargain basement or an aging vet (Jimmy Smith) who won't demand a lot of money.

and Lloyd is not an option why?

See my post under a similar "Anquan Boldin" to the Skins thread.....

In short, the day that the Redskinette "Crystal" is giving me daily hummers is the day that the Skins get Brandon Lloyd.

People- let's be real here! He's an RFA and the 49er's ONLY star player on offense. He's not going anywhere.

I'd rather have Rod Gardner than Lloyd. Lloyd is half the receiver most of you make him out to be. He makes highlight clips because he puts himself out of position to cleanly catch the pass and half asses it most of the time.

Although we will never, ever get Lloyd.....this assertion above is flat-out crazy! Gardner couldn't even stay on a roster last year and Lloyd makes big plays for an otherwise ANEMIC offense. If he had a good QB throwing him the ball he'd be a legitimate #! WR.....

See my post under a similar "Anquan Boldin" to the Skins thread.....

In short' date=' the day that the Redskinette "Crystal" is giving me daily hummers is the day that the Skins get Brandon Lloyd.

People- let's be real here! He's an RFA and the 49er's ONLY star player on offense. He's not going anywhere.[/quote']

I'm grateful to see you and a few others here saying this :laugh:

I must have seen fifty threads mentioning Lloyd in it's main topic the last six weeks and after about fifty times of posting that both SF & Llyod agree he's not going anywhere and have said that since before the season ended, I just gave up. :silly:

I hope Lloyd is kept by San Fran, then they wont keep their #2 reciever Battle, and we can pick him up.

You love this guy huh? I've heard you mention him a couple of times before.....haven't seen much of him- but then again he WAS on that terirble offense.

Admit it- you only like him because you think he has a cool name!:laugh:

Cool name aside, and it is a cool name to have, I watched him play, and he is not a blockbuster contract talent like T.O. or Moss, but he is solid and has great hands. I like players that are overachievers and wont cost much. Thats why I like Preilou (s/p) and a lot of our other, smash mouth, bring your lunch, hard workers. Battle would fit well with the Redskins. The only thing I havent seen is his height, and Im pretty sure he is over 6'0'' This is the guy we need and I hope we get him, or Moulds. I know, know a lot of people arent high on Moulds, I am though. One of those two is exactly what we need here.

• 1 month later...

I've said this in other posts. I'm worried about his attitude. He did a lot of grinning during the press conference and had this air about him that the Redskins were lucky to have him. Also, I didn't like his response about his not getting along with 49ers veterans, saying they "weren't feeling" him. If he can harness the attitude and do something on the field besides run his mouth, I'll be happy. Call me old-school!

Archived