Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd: Worth It?

Taylor 21

More like the 49ers are going to give him the highest tender. He's their #1 receiver and an improving talent... they're aren't going to let him go for a 3rd round pick.

You want to Lloyd... he's going to cost a first rounder. Coincidentally, we don't have one. So Lloyd isn't an option.

:cheers:

Much like 2 seasons ago; I said the biggest off season p/u was Casey Rabach..........And you see what he had done for our offensive LINE. The best p/u this year is my prediction........BRANDON Lloyd, BET

he has been flying under everyones radat; except those who KNOW WHATS UP!!

AND WE GOT HIM........

mark my words, you will see what that BEAST DOES!!!!!

Lloyd will be a great pickup for us, for all the reasons mentioned pretty much. If Gibbs wanted Lloyd, there must have been a reason, and character concerns were probably discussed. Gibbs converted guys like Portis and Taylor to look at film and whatnot, I could see him taming Lloyd as well. Lloyd also adds a little bit of nastyness to our offense. Moss is already a beast and respected, but I like having some extra nastyness in Lloyd.

We just pulled another fast one, a double take!! We got two guys that are just coming into their prime. It was like taking candy from a baby.

First, we pried Santana Moss away from the Jets, who didn't realize what a talent they had.

And now we have pried Brandon Lloyd away from the 49er's unknown gold mine.

Bombs away!!!!!!!

Just re-watched the SF/WAS game. Lloyd was getting open a lot. Even on Springs he was open deep a couple of times. He flat out abused Harris though. It was pretty clear that he's a very good receiver, the 2nd best on the field that day, and easily worth a 3rd and a 4th.

It was painful watching Andre Carter. The 49ers had him playing OLB when it was clear that he's a 4-3 DE. He was pretty bad in space and was worn out from playing every snap. I hope Blache can work him over pretty good because he's got good tools to work with, but he needs to be de-programmed from that 3-4 nonsense Nolan put him through.

but he needs to be de-programmed from that 3-4 nonsense Nolan put him through.

And that's what's wrong with Andre Carter and B-Lloyd.

Nolan rode Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to a HC position. This guy is so overrated as a coach it's not even funny.

Lloyd was definately worth a shot...we have only paid him for one season so if he flops get him outta town. The jury is still out on ARE for me...that guy is going to have to show me what he can do as a WR.

Honstely, if he can handle the kicking game, run a gadget play and catch 2 balls a game I'd be happy. The threat of Moss/El on screens combined with throwing ability of El are going to make defending us very, very ticky. Defenses will have to stay exremely honest. Just having him on the field opens things up for other players. I think Lloyd will undoubtedly be the better WR but El will make a very significant impact. Much more than that of a normal 35-45 ball WR.

Edit: Just thought I'd add, with all the crazy motioning Saunders uses, how in the world do you pinch up and take the screens away from both Moss and ARE without abandoning the run or deep pass? That flanker screen is going to be a staple of our offense for years to come and with the guys we have at wideout it should be pretty freakin tough to defend. :2cents:

He will be worth it. Nobody gave Santana Moss any props prior to this past season. Most people thought that the Jets got the best receiver. One thing I know for sure is that I believe in this coaching staff's decisions. Under Gibbs, we have made all the right personnel moves. Lloyd will be a hit.... just like El. Nobody is giving us credit for these signings. I cannot wait until they are singing Hail To The Redskins again . . . just like they did once Moss came on.

Edit: Just thought I'd add, with all the crazy motioning Saunders uses, how in the world do you pinch up and take the screens away from both Moss and ARE without abandoning the run or deep pass? That flanker screen is going to be a staple of our offense for years to come and with the guys we have at wideout it should be pretty freakin tough to defend. :2cents:

I can't wait to see the WR screen to ARE who then chucks it downfield to Moss. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts we see it against the Cowboys.

It's been a couple months since I've repeated myself on this, but I watched almost every 49'er game last year, and the only guy I kept talking about was Lloyd. I used to follow him week to week. You are going to see a great talent on a much better team.

When we first started talking about getting him, I was (wrongly) telling people here to forget it, that he was the only really good offensive thing SF had to talk about last year. At the time SF was adamant they weren't going to let him go and on every SF Bay area TV show he was loved and celebrated for his style on and off the filed. The negative locker-room stuff I heard about later and on here never came up back then.

They loved him. One of my best buds/roommates is a die-hard old school SF fan and he spun a divot in the floor when Nolan changed his tune about keeping him no matter what and let Lloyd go.

I think if he gets thrown to, Lloyd will show he's the Anti-Gardner. Remember how much we wished for an acrobatic receiver the last few years given those Ramsey and Brunell off-target passes that would just miss (sometimes more than ‘just”)?

That’s what he’s going to bring. He’ll get those balls. He makes great adjustments and improvisations to grab bad throws. The first thing I thought was how the anti-Brunell crowd in particular should be pleased, because many of the catches he made from Smith were lousy passes.

Archived