Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd: Worth It?

Taylor 21

we have no shot at lloyd unless the 49'ers are really sick if his attitude, and then we have to ask if we really want him. To get him as a RFA we would have to not only give up a (VERY likely) 1st round pick. that we don't currently have, but we would also have to negotiate a contract with him that the 49'ers aren't willing to match. Remeber he is their primary play maker and they have more cap room than us. . .

incidently in the whole "which WR" debate i am for koren robinson

You want to Lloyd... he's going to cost a first rounder. Coincidentally, we don't have one. So Lloyd isn't an option.

We don't currently have a first round pick. If the Trinity (Gibbs/Williams/Saunders) deems either a player in the draft or a trade situation worth getting a first round pick, we'll get one.

Wouldn't that mean that they would have to pay him more? The only knock I have on Lloyd is that Beasly basically called him a no heart type of player.

Well that looks like it won't matter, because Beasly looks to be on the way out. So does Julian Peterson. He's never been the same since he tore his achilles.

He is three inches or so taller (6'0) than Moss which can be his only given downfall. But do we actually need a real tall WR? I remember the Smurfs having a lot of sucess under Gibbs.

The Smurfs did have success but they had this guy who was fairly big named Art Monk to take the pressure off.

More like the 49ers are going to give him the highest tender. He's their #1 receiver and an improving talent... they're aren't going to let him go for a 3rd round pick.

You want to Lloyd... he's going to cost a first rounder. Coincidentally, we don't have one. So Lloyd isn't an option.

Well at first, I was all depressed about this situation but then...:laugh:

We don't currently have a first round pick. If the Trinity (Gibbs/Williams/Saunders) deems either a player in the draft or a trade situation worth getting a first round pick, we'll get one.

Thanks for lifting my spirits TK. Not that I think we would trade up to get a first round pick then trade THAT all for Lloyd. Not that it's impossible but we probably just wouldnt be involved until the second day of the draft :( .

I think right now I would rather have Lloyd more than any other receiver in the draft or free agency or that we could trade for within our monetary limits. For some reason I really like what this guy does and the plays he is able to make. IF we got him I wouldnt care what else happened this offseason I'd be pretty happy but I just dont see us acquiring the needs to then pick him up from the 9ers. :(

Eh, if we only have to give up a 3rd rounder in 2007, I think the Skins should do it. Him plus Patten would make a decent lineup next to Moss. Thing is, I don't think the 49ers are gonna let him go.

Patten didnt show up to games this past yr, what makes you think he will be decent next year?

Forget about Brandon Lloyd...Sure he makes spectacular catches but he gets alligator arms when he goes across the middle and he is "a no heart type of player" according to Fred Beasley his teamate!

We need to focus on Antonio Bryant and Joe Jurevicious...I think Bryant first b/c he has #1 ability, and he is younger, but I would happy about either!

I would take Lloyd first over every receiver available, including Reggie Wayne; however, he is a RFA and the 49ers should offer him a contract that entitles them to a #1 pick. In that case he is too expensive for us. I would then look at Moulds, Bryant and Andre Davis as cheaper alternatives.

I would still rather prefer Wayne or Randle El but that doesn't look like either one of them will happen Lloyd from what I have seen of him he has a lot of speed and good hands pretty much catch anything comes his way. He has great leaping ability this would be a good option but you still have David Givens out there not sure if the Pats will resign him ..

I would rather prefer Wayne or Randle El but that doesn't look like that will happen from what I have seen of Lloyd. There is a lot of upside to him he has good speed , some pretty good hands can catch anything thrown to him. He has great leaping ability , I guess he would be a pretty good option if all else fails . Can't forget David Givens will probably be out there not sure if the Pats will resign him.

The Smurfs did have success but they had this guy who was fairly big named Art Monk to take the pressure off.

The likes of Chris Cooley can't take the pressure off? He, like Monk, is 6'3 but is a little heavier. Mike Sellers is also 6'3 and even heavier than the both.

Get the point yet? If we need to 'take the pressure off', or 'go get it' we already have that. Use what we have and get another guy who can catch and his fast just like Moss.

The likes of Chris Cooley can not take the pressure off? He, like Monk, is 6'3 but a little heavier. Mike Sellers is also 6'3 but even heavier than both of them. Get the point yet?

We already have those guys to take the pressure off or to 'go get it'. Use what we have and get another fast WR who can catch just like Moss.

Archived