Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd: Worth It?

Taylor 21

I would love to have Brandon Lloyd in the B&G..

He indeed does have great hands, and possess BIG play material. Whats not to like?

He is three inches or so taller (6'0) than Moss which can be his only given downfall. But do we actually need a real tall WR? I remember the Smurfs having a lot of sucess under Gibbs.

True he is not built big only 184lbs but we already have the likes of Cooley and Sellers who can go over the middle. Start up RedskinOne Danny we could strike some gold in Lloyd!

More like the 49ers are going to give him the highest tender. He's their #1 receiver and an improving talent... they're aren't going to let him go for a 3rd round pick.

You want to Lloyd... he's going to cost a first rounder. Coincidentally, we don't have one. So Lloyd isn't an option.

He is three inches or so taller (6'0) than Moss which can be his only given downfall. But do we actually need a real tall WR? I remember the Smurfs having a lot of sucess under Gibbs.

I believe that we should definitely make a little size a priority with whoever we target. True the smurfs were successful but the NFL has changed a lot since the '80s. With the corners now being 6 ft, 210 lbs, if we could acquire a WR with a little size, it would make our offense's job a whole lot easier.

More like the 49ers are going to give him the highest tender. He's their #1 receiver and an improving talent... they're aren't going to let him go for a 3rd round pick.

You want to Lloyd... he's going to cost a first rounder. Coincidentally, we don't have one. So Lloyd isn't an option.

Wouldn't that mean that they would have to pay him more? The only knock I have on Lloyd is that Beasly basically called him a no heart type of player.

I believe that we should definitely make a little size a priority with whoever we target. True the smurfs were successful but the NFL has changed a lot since the '80s. With the corners now being 6 ft, 210 lbs, if we could acquire a WR with a little size, it would make our offense's job a whole lot easier.

Exactly, with corners getting bigger and stronger, and Safties getting faster and faster, we will need someone with size eventually. A tall reciever makes things easier for a qb. We don't need a 6'5" freak or anything, but a 6'1" reciever would be nice.

B. Lloyd adn their #2 reciever Arnaz Battle are both free agents, Lloyd an RFA. Whoever they let go of, I think the Skins should jump on. Arnaz Battle is a quality reciever IMHO and is already playing #2 reciever. I would love Lloyd, but the cost for an RFA is going to be too much for us, so I hope they keep him and dump Battle, and I hope we pick up Battle. I dont know what his stats are, but I have watched him play and i think he is the type of guy we need.

Wouldn't that mean that they would have to pay him more? The only knock I have on Lloyd is that Beasly basically called him a no heart type of player.

Of course they're going to have to pay him more. He'll be on a 1-year contract for relative peanuts (less than $2M)... unless they secure him to a long-term deal.

The 49ers can afford to increase his pay $1.5M for a season... and give Smith a legitimate target other than Arnez Battle.

CASE CLOSED

this guys is ok, but you guys are judging him based on this season only

Actually, I'd also base it on his play with TB before he got hurt. The guy was a gamer, and he was nice on my team as a late season pickup.

Back to the subject, I think the subject has been beaten to death: Too much to give up for what he provides.

Jason

this guys is ok, but you guys are judging him based on this season only

What are you smoking!?! This guy has been to three Superbowls with three different teams, and won once. Its not coincidence, he is a part of it. His only downside is age, but he has money hands and decent size. YOU only judge him by this season.

Archived