Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you plan on watching the Olympics........WHY??????

kleese

Olympics are boring. We need another good Cold War to spice em up a bit.

Don't you mean the winter Olympics are boring? The Summer Olympics still are must see for me. But winter? Ehhhh. I like Ski Jumping and Speed Skating, two sports that don't require an attention span. :laugh:

My only problem with the Winter Olympics is the cloying, fawning, wall-to-wall TV coverage of pixie figure skating. Not only is it pretty much predetermined who your medal winners will be, it's almost nauseating to witness the lengths the networks will go to to create a sense of drama around the "competition."

I know the networks are just following the ratings and appealing to the widest possible sports audience (read: grab the women!), but one can only take so many Salchows and sequins before needing a mainlined testosterone transfusion.

Sorry, ladies. :)

I like some of the Winter Olympic events. Downhill skiing, bobsleds, ski long jumps, ski freestyle ( or whatever its called where they flip and whatnot off ramps).

The one event I find weird is where they ski cross country and then shoot the rifles. I'm not sure what thats called, but how did they come up with that combo?

Well, they talked about this on PTI on ESPN yesterday, that this will be the 1st time that The Olympics will have to go head-to-head against "American Idol" on Fox, and that NBC is concerned that they in fact might lose that ratings battle

And one major name might drop out. There is a chance that Michelle Kwan may not be able to compete after all:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060211/D8FMU2U80.html

If she does, then there might be a few less viewers of the women figure skating competition, althought those lost numbers of females could EASILY be made up by an equal number of males from here at ExtremeSkins after that "Lucky Ice-Sasha Cohen" thread :D

Well, they talked about this on PTI on ESPN yesterday, that this will be the 1st time that The Olympics will have to go head-to-head against "American Idol" on Fox, and that NBC is concerned that they in fact might lose that ratings battle

And one major name might drop out. There is a chance that Michelle Kwan may not be able to compete after all:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060211/D8FMU2U80.html

If she does, then there might be a few less viewers of the women figure skating competition, althought those lost numbers of females could EASILY be made up by an equal number of males from here at ExtremeSkins after that "Lucky Ice-Sasha Cohen" thread :D

Yeah, about Kwan maybe dropping out...if she does that means that Cohen will be the US star and will get a lot more airtime, which may please a lot of people on here ;)

(for a side note, Kwan would be replaced by the alternate, Emily Hughs, the sister of former gold medalist Sara Hughs, I think she is like 16 though)

I enjoy the Olympics, always have. Some of the sports are a bit boring, and I could REALLY do without the sob stories about the struggling athlete in Romania, but a lot of the actual sports I really like. Today, I actually WATCHED the US Women's Hockey team demoralize Switzerland in a 6-0 shutout (they played pretty good. They even got a short-handed goal during a 5 on 3 PP for Switzerland). I love both Summer & Winter Olympics.

Any time there are judges it's not a sport.

It's star search with snow and ice. :silly:

I dunno. The halfpipe events, skiing and snowboarding, are judged, but they look like sports to me. Even if they dont fit your definition or sport, they certainly are fun to watch.

Figure skating is not a sport. It is an activity.

I enjoy the summer games much more than the winter (years of track and field in my blood :) ) but i do enjoy the winter games regardless. ill surely pick the olympics over american idol. now if it was competing against LOST...that'd be a different story.

I enjoy the summer games much more than the winter (years of track and field in my blood :) ) but i do enjoy the winter games regardless. ill surely pick the olympics over american idol. now if it was competing against LOST...that'd be a different story.

I would take the Olypmics over a lot of chit on tv...including Lost. I have yet to even be interested in 1 episode of it.

Archived