Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you homophobic?

Zguy28

I'm not normally homophobic, but when I was a kid there was this house down the street that had been deserted for years, and was said to be haunted.

One day, a friend of mine and I went into the house to look around and see if it was haunted. We didn't see any ghosts, but I'll tell you, we were scared anyway. That house was creepy.

So anyway, that is one home I was scared of.

LOL, you got to watch out for those homes.

9 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

About midway through page 2 I was trying to guess some socres with the names, but ghost threw me off. I had him pegged for a mid teems, the 30 threw me for a loop.

Hey, that was a 29, I think.

I think I rated that high because I will say "gay" or "homo" in reference to things but NEVER would use that to an actual gay person. I treat every individual with respect and am actually not HOSTILE to the idea of gay marriage. But in some of the questions I put "no opinion" because I had a VERY hard time separating homosexuality itself from certain political or social movements or from what seem to be certain realities in our country.

The ORIENTATION itself or many of the individuals that lean that way (I don't think it's as either/or as people think, though I am 100 percent straight lol) is not my issue, though I don't understand that preference. It's more an acknowledgment on my part that I WILL make jokes (but I do with everyone, I'd come up as mildly racist for every race on earth) and I'm of "no real opinion" either way on a number of other matters.

4 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

I have two close friends who are gay, so I damn well better be. *laughs* For all of you that think homosexuality is immoral, I hope you meet people like them some day and change your mind.

Hey, that was a 29, I think.

I think I rated that high because I will say "gay" or "homo" in reference to things but NEVER would use that to an actual gay person. I treat every individual with respect and am actually not HOSTILE to the idea of gay marriage. But in some of the questions I put "no opinion" because I had a VERY hard time separating homosexuality itself from certain political or social movements or from what seem to be certain realities in our country.

The ORIENTATION itself or many of the individuals that lean that way (I don't think it's as either/or as people think, though I am 100 percent straight lol) is not my issue, though I don't understand that preference. It's more an acknowledgment on my part that I WILL make jokes (but I do with everyone, I'd come up as mildly racist for every race on earth) and I'm of "no real opinion" either way on a number of other matters.

I know your beliefs on rights and gay people, that why I was supprised, but I guess the no opinion would put you up there. I understand the jokes part as well, but I TRY not to make jokes. I definately consider you not homophobic, that's why the number suprised me a bit.

Figure this one out, I'm dating this girl right now and she is a republican (she actually makes almost double my salary, so I can see why . . .she's also smokin hot and she took me out for a $300 dinner last Wednesday, just had to add that in ;) ) but she has a best friend who is gay . Now I met this guy once, and he is ALSO a republican which I find kind of disturbing. He just came out of the closet a few months ago, and was raised in a strict catholic family, but he is as normal and down to earth as you can get. His father is "OK" with it, but not really and his mother is cool.

Well, I asked him how he can support a party that wants to supress his rights as a human and a US citizen. "He commented, why do you think I live in Boston? I get to have my rights AND still vote republican" I didn't press him further, but it is just so strange to me how people can support a party which doesn't support his life, or beliefs, but to each his own I guess :)

:cheers:

Wow, i'm suprised this thread has gotten this far without Dem vs Republican debating what the bible says about homosexuality or something. Crazy.

Kind of funny this was posted right before mine :laugh: It was not meant to be political, but some people will take it as political and or religious ;)

Interesting story, Chom. Thats not the first I've heard of a gay republican though.

Lotta good that republican vote does in massachusetts, huh? ;)

That's what I told him, I said at least your vote doesn't count :laugh:

There are a fer, but the religious right has almost eliminated the log cabbin republicans. Read Andrew Sullivan for one, he was a HUGE Bush supporter in 2000, and he is one of the most anti-Bush people around. . . he makes me look like I am tolerant to Bush :laugh:

One of yesterday's post. . .

Adding them up. In recent days, leading Republicans have called for the Bush administration wire-tapping surveillance program to have some kind of legal framework, outside what David Addington thinks is appropriate on any given day; a key CIA intelligence expert confirms the notion that vice president Dick Cheney was not seriously interested in finding the whole truth about Iraq's WMD program, and railroaded the intelligence to produce the result he wanted; we have learned from the head of FEMA that the president knew fully about the dangers poised by Hurricane Katrina in plenty of time to coordinate a much better response; and we know that assurances by the administration about who's in Guantanamo Bay and why have been lies. We have also learned that the vice-president routinely authorized the release of classified information to advance his political goals, told Scooter Libby of Valerie Plame's identity, discussed how to handle the press, and shortly after one of the Libby-Cheney discussions, Plame's identity was leaked. The one thread between all these instances of incompetence, malice and poor judgment is that the sources are either impeccable or Republicans. And the person responsible all of them ... is Dick Cheney.

If you go to his page, he has the links as well.

4 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

I have two close friends who are gay, so I damn well better be. *laughs* For all of you that think homosexuality is immoral, I hope you meet people like them some day and change your mind.

If I am in a position to differ CAN I ?......This would be a decent repeat thread......

59 Homophobic ,Weird thing is I think its normal not to want dudes to be all up on each other in front of me but I could care less what they do on their own time. I dont wear a tshirt that says I love vaginas.

Also I dont like Midgets they weird me out does that make me midgiphobic?

I dont fear either of those kinds of people they just give me the heebie jeebies.

82 - Your score rates you as "high-grade homophobic."

Well I already knew this !! I just took the test before I read anyone elses post and now after reading I see that I'm tied for second place.

I don't agree with the phobic part of the word as I'm not afraid of them, I just don't like them or agree with what they do.

Archived