Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you homophobic?

Zguy28

I'm just going to put up a segment from the Simpsons that answers this question:

Homer: That John is the greatest guy in the world. We've gotta have him

and his wife over for drinks sometime.

Marge: Hmm, I don't think he's married, Homer.

Homer: Oh, a swinging bachelor, eh? Well, there's lots of foxy ladies

out there.

Marge: Homer, didn't John seem a little... festive to you?

Homer: Couldn't agree more. Happy as a clam.

Marge: [insisting] He prefers the company of men!

Homer: Who doesn't?

Marge: Homer, listen carefully. John is a ho - mo...

Homer: Right.

Marge: ... sexual.

Homer: [pause] Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Homer: Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod! Oh my god! I danced with a gay! Marge,

Lisa, promise me you won't tell anyone. [shaking Lisa] Promise

me!!

Marge: You're being ridiculous.

Homer: Am I, Marge? Am I? Think of the property values. Now we can never

say only straight people have been in this house.

Marge: I'm very sorry you feel that way, because John invited us all out

for a drive today, and we're going.

Homer: Woah-ho-ho, not me! And not because John's gay, but because he's a

sneak. He should at least have the good taste to mince around and

let everyone know that he's... that way.

Marge: What on Earth are you talking about?

Homer: You know me, Marge. I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my

homosexuals fa-laming.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

True story:

One time me and some friends were out looking for some club to go to. My friend and his gf decided on this one place. Me and this other cat are like, "cool."

Then they joke (we thought) saying it was a gay club. We didn't actually believe them until we came up to it. Turns out, though, that a LOT of straight, single women go there (I speak from experience on this one) but it is 'gay-friendly.' Other than some occasionally lame 'gay disco' music it was aight. 'Cept while navigating through the dance floor I felt something on my rear.

Some bleepin' CHRIS WEBBER hand is on my ass, but I'm afraid to look or do anything but find a crease in the crowd so I can move.

Then this East Indian dude comes up to me (I'm in my Michigan T-shirt with my dad's memorial dog tag over the front) and starts talking to me. Unlike women, I talk back when talked to. Then he put his hand on my back and starts talking about giving me a massage.

"Naw, that's aight man. I'm not into that, I'm here with friends." It took a couple times for him to back off, but I figured any other reaction would be stupid. It's "their" territory and he wasn't being violent, so why would I ever respond with violence?

In fact, I think I handled it much better than women typically handle such situations.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Was that a double entendre?

:laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh:

I'm in tears, Dolyer!! :rotflmao:

Oh yeah, and:

19 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48, however, placing most of the men outside of this sub-group. Dr. Adams reported that he had difficulty finding heterosexual men whose scores ranked them as high-grade non-homophobic

My four year old nephew has started to announce that he doesn't hate broccoli, he just doesn't like to eat it.

Wait a second now, just because one finds something immoral or wrong, does not mean that you avoid or are afraid of people who do it, or want to beat them down.

For instance, someone could think it is immoral to have sex with protitutes or hang out at strip clubs, and still socialize with and genuinely like people that they know do those things.

True story:

One time me and some friends were out looking for some club to go to. My friend and his gf decided on this one place. Me and this other cat are like, "cool."

Then they joke (we thought) saying it was a gay club. We didn't actually believe them until we came up to it. Turns out, though, that a LOT of straight, single women go there (I speak from experience on this one) but it is 'gay-friendly.' Other than some occasionally lame 'gay disco' music it was aight. 'Cept while navigating through the dance floor I felt something on my rear.

Some bleepin' CHRIS WEBBER hand is on my ass, but I'm afraid to look or do anything but find a crease in the crowd so I can move.

Then this East Indian dude comes up to me (I'm in my Michigan T-shirt with my dad's memorial dog tag over the front) and starts talking to me. Unlike women, I talk back when talked to. Then he put his hand on my back and starts talking about giving me a massage.

"Naw, that's aight man. I'm not into that, I'm here with friends." It took a couple times for him to back off, but I figured any other reaction would be stupid. It's "their" territory and he wasn't being violent, so why would I ever respond with violence?

In fact, I think I handled it much better than women typically handle such situations.

You should have started crying and screaming, "I need an adult! I need an adult!". :laugh:

Here's another funny, but true, story for you guys:

Me and some buddies from the store used to do something called game night every Sunday, it was pretty much a big lan party. The guys I hang out, talk trash, and play video games, it was good fun.

Well there was a new employee named Scott, who was gay, but everybody, who was part of game night, got along with him. So Brett, who hosted game night, invited him to come play some games with us. So, the night Scott was coming to hang out Brett starts telling the guys who had never met him before, "Alright, I've got a friend from work coming over to play some games with us, and the thing is, he's gay. And I know we're really liberal around here and that's cool. But, I don't want to scare him off by offending him so don't make any gay jokes like we normally do. Cool?". Everyone agreed not to make any gay jokes, or use any derogatory terms around Scott.

Scott shows up and we all start playing, we normally played games like Medal of Honor, Unreal Tournament, you know the run of the mill shoot-em-ups. Well, Scott's playing and we're all watching what we say. Well Scott got killed a couple of times, and out of frustration he yells, "Oh you ****ing faggot!". Everyones jaw just dropped, nobody knew what to say. We kept playing, but we thought it was just the funniest thing.

So, the next day at work a few of us went to Scott laughing, and told him about the disclaimer the Brett put out in regards to him. We planned that at the next games night when Brett would get comfortable and say something derogatory thinking it was cool, Scott would get really pissed off and storm out. It was so funny the look on Brett's face when he eventually said something "offensive", we all had a good laugh about later, once we told Brett that we had played a dirty joke on him.

screw that - just cuz you're in their "territory" doesnt give them a right to fondle and physically harass you....if that was a straight guy doin that to a girl, he'd be *****-slapped by the girl, and tossed out by the bouncer, at the LEAST.

53 - Your score rates you as "homophobic."

That question about gay man hitting on you should be clearer. I mean is it just verbal or is the dude reaching for my stuff. Cause one of those actions equals a punch. Should have studied up a 53 is a failing grade where I come from.

Getting your package "manhandled" without your consent is assault, not being hit on.

Oh, and:

11 - Your score rates you as "Are you gay or something?"

:)

52-homophobic.

no surprise. it's something i've known about myself and have tried to work on it. i haven't been exposed to a whole lot of gay people. most of the ones that i have been exposed to (at least that i knew about) were people i worked with at a restaurant in college. and they were flamers.

52-homophobic.

no surprise. it's something i've known about myself and have tried to work on it. i haven't been exposed to a whole lot of gay people. most of the ones that i have been exposed to (at least that i knew about) were people i worked with at a restaurant in college. and they were flamers.

See, that is something i can really respect. Though we obviously don't agree on the issue (i scored a 12 - mainly because i like to tell jokes), you stand up and admit it is something you recognize and are actually trying to improve on. Props! :cheers:

Oh yeah, I should probably add that I finished with a 24. That's only because I make fun of my gay friends. I keep telling one of my gay friends that he's going to my kid's fairy godmother.

Making fun of a gay friend is a good thing as long as its good natured. Means he's one of the guys instead of an outcast. You always make fun of the fat guy in the group, or the cheap one, the...

Archived