Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you homophobic?

Zguy28

Are you homophobic? Take the test and post the results.

I linked to this off of hatecrime.org.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/assault/etc/quiz.html

My own score was: 29 - Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."

Imagine that. An online test that's accurate! And I'm a Born-Again, evangelical, mindless drone who believes homosexuality is wrong (as anti-PC as that is nowadays). But I'm not homophobic! :thumbsup:

21 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48, however, placing most of the men outside of this sub-group. Dr. Adams reported that he had difficulty finding heterosexual men whose scores ranked them as high-grade non-homophobic

72 - Your score rates you as "homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 Caucasian, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 35 participants as "non-homophobic." In 1980, a different research team found 56% of their white, male sample scored in the homophobic range. This is not conclusive, however. Dr. Adams, the researcher who helped develop this scale, writes that "a major difficulty of this area of research is in defining and measuring homophobia." Elsewhere, he cautions: Since there is no universally accepted definition of homophobia, the scales currently in use may not measure all aspects of homophobia.

72 - Your score rates you as "homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 Caucasian, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 35 participants as "non-homophobic." In 1980, a different research team found 56% of their white, male sample scored in the homophobic range. This is not conclusive, however. Dr. Adams, the researcher who helped develop this scale, writes that "a major difficulty of this area of research is in defining and measuring homophobia." Elsewhere, he cautions: Since there is no universally accepted definition of homophobia, the scales currently in use may not measure all aspects of homophobia.

Wow you better be careful out there. Don't go to Canada or Sweden.

11 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48, however, placing most of the men outside of this sub-group. Dr. Adams reported that he had difficulty finding heterosexual men whose scores ranked them as high-grade non-homophobic

Although I had problems with some of the questions.

"Gay people deserve what they get", for example. I tend to believe that, in general, all people deserve what they get. That doesn't mean gays deserve to be beaten up for being gay, but it doesn't mean that if they don't make much money at work it's automatically discrimination, either.

28 here....Hey I'm all for gays.....more women for me...in fact I was talking with my friend about it and he started laughing when I told him about that belief....(he is gay).....also what straight man minds seeing two women make out.....admittingly I do get a bit queasy when I see two men going at it but then again I don't really need to look at that.....

15- high grade non-homophobic.

Honestly, though I've never had anything against gay people I probably would've scroed higher if I took this a few years ago. I used to be a little awkward around them before but I've grown out of it with increased exposure. It doesn't bother me at all, now.

Archived