Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you homophobic?

Zguy28

62...Homophobic. I disagree with this test though. Homosexuality bothers me to an extent, but I don't actually think that I am homophobic. Okay, okay if a gay dude hits on me, I'm gonna blast him in the mouth....so what. I don't mind him being gay, just don't assume someone else is and approach them.

62...Homophobic. I disagree with this test though. Homosexuality bothers me to an extent, but I don't actually think that I am homophobic. Okay, okay if a gay dude hits on me, I'm gonna blast him in the mouth....so what. I don't mind him being gay, just don't assume someone else is and approach them.

Yep, that I can see where you think you're very tolerant. :doh:

However, I'm sure if I was allowed to study a little I could get at least a 75. :D

I hate pop quiz's.

Like Larry, I have problems with the wording of some of the questions too.

But just speaking for myself, the biggest problem is the word homophobic itself. It suggests a fear of gay people.

I'm not afraid of them at all. I just don't think their elevator goes to all floors. Nothing to shoot anybody over.

However, I'm sure if I was allowed to study a little I could get at least a 75. :D

I hate pop quiz's.

Like Larry, I have problems with the wording of some of the questions too.

But just speaking for myself, the biggest problem is the word homophobic itself. It suggests a fear of gay people.

I'm not afraid of them at all. I just don't think their elevator goes to all floors. Nothing to shoot anybody over.

Actually, i thought the same thing about the word homophobic. But m-w.com has it listed as not just a fear of gay people, but also an aversion and/or intolerance for them. I'm sure homophobic originally meant fear (and still suggests it if you know what 'phobic' means) but the dictionary has been updated.

this is crazy! being in the military and never getting a massage from a guy- but still I am:

Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic." :applause:

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48, however, placing most of the men outside of this sub-group. Dr. Adams reported that he had difficulty finding heterosexual men whose scores ranked them as high-grade non-homophobic

this is crazy! being in the military and never getting a massage from a guy- but still I am:

Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic." :applause:

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48, however, placing most of the men outside of this sub-group. Dr. Adams reported that he had difficulty finding heterosexual men whose scores ranked them as high-grade non-homophobic

AFC is a closet commiecrat. :laugh:

Actually, i thought the same thing about the word homophobic. But m-w.com has it listed as not just a fear of gay people, but also an aversion and/or intolerance for them. I'm sure homophobic originally meant fear (and still suggests it if you know what 'phobic' means) but the dictionary has been updated.
I actually had a person call me a homophobe because they asked me if I thought being gay was wrong. I answered truthfully.

32 - Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48. This is not conclusive, however. Dr. Adams, the researcher who helped develop this scale, writes that "a major difficulty of this area of research is in defining and measuring homophobia." Elsewhere, he cautions: Since there is no universally accepted definition of homophobia, the scales currently in use may not measure all aspects of homophobia

12 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

Stupid Test: Its too obvious in the questioning.. It should be more subtle with scenarios that crossreference themselves...

My coworker was gay and left the company see about once every 3 weeks, and the girl I got to happy hour withonce a week eat lunch with everyday is gay.. again, lame test

51 - Your score rates you as "homophobic."

i am not a homphobic, how will i tell my dad :doh:

i wouldnt consider myself any more homophobic than the next steakeating, diamondplate welding, girlfriend humping, american male, i know a few gay dudes, and ive known them for a long time, but on the other hand, i also met them before they found out (or at least came out) they were gay.

51 - Your score rates you as "homophobic."

i am not a homphobic, how will i tell my dad :doh:

i wouldnt consider myself any more homophobic than the next steakeating, diamondplate welding, girlfriend humping, american male, i know a few gay dudes, and ive known them for a long time, but on the other hand, i also met them before they found out (or at least came out) they were gay.

So what about you is it that makes so many men go gay after meeting you? :D

I got 44 %. Mine too, was probably high because I make gay jokes.

I was "lucky" enough to be hit on by a gay guy once. I did not punch him, though. His friend (A girl) came over to me & said "My friend is shy, but thinks your cute." her friend being a homosexual man was not what I was expecting. Worst birthday ever.....

29 - Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."

I don't want laws against homosexuality, I do have issues with the practice and identity politics of homosexuals but the actual ACTS I don't give a rat's behind about.

I DO make gay jokes or use the word gay or homo. Sorry, I ain't gon' change on that.

BUt I wouldn't do it if I had around any gay friends. I would be bothered a bit at first if one of my CLOSEST friends came out as gay. I mean not angry, but just like "damn! What about all those women we talked about?!"

29 - Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48. This is not conclusive, however. Dr. Adams, the researcher who helped develop this scale, writes that "a major difficulty of this area of research is in defining and measuring homophobia." Elsewhere, he cautions: Since there is no universally accepted definition of homophobia, the scales currently in use may not measure all aspects of homophobia.

Doesn't bother me either way. I went to Niagra Canada with my family last spring for friends of the families gay wedding.

It was actually much more believable in the vows and the way they did things than many of the traditional weddings I've been too. To each his own.

Archived