Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Goyim Allowed!!

frankbones

I've decided to make the Tailgate a little more inclusive(which will probably piss off a few closed minded people on this board). Where are my fellow tribe members at? For those confused, I am talking about us Jews. Please, nobody who believes that Jesus is our saviour/son of God need apply. :silly:

I am a "High-Holiday" synagogue attendee. Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Passover,etc. I usually make it about 6 times a year. For me, Judaism is more of a cultural identity thing. What do my fellow Heebs like most about being a Jew?

For me it's the Latkes. Nothing beats a good potato pancake with a litlle sour cream and applesauce. :)

gefilte fish is nasty for sure.

i'm not jewish, but my neighbors are. (that sounds like a holiday inn express commercial). they include us in a lot of their celebrations for the holidays and fill us in on the stories behind it all. it's been really interesting to be a part of it. and latkes are awesome.

I'd try joining the tribe, but that damn Gefilte Fish is disgusting. :laugh:

:laugh: i was refused many times myself by my jewish GF's parents. I think I dated 6, all of them were allot of fun and very attractive, the last was a model in New York and a sagittarius. Once she laughed at my haircut and asked me if I had gotten run over by a lawnmower :doh:

Yup, more of a cultural Jew than a religious one though I did the Bar Mitzvah thing. The traditions are getting more important to me as I get older. I appreciate I think the struggles and common sence of Judaism more now.

Jewish food isn't that great, but homemade latkes and matzah ball soup can be quite wonderful. Probably in the way that whatever food you grew up with has a special place in your stomach and heart.

More importantly it's really cool that as the Chosen People we were told the meaning of life (can't share sorry). What makes it even better is you can listen to all those philosophers and self-important people who proclaim what life is about and just smile knowingly.

More importantly it's really cool that as the Chosen People we were told the meaning of life (can't share sorry). What makes it even better is you can listen to all those philosophers and self-important people who proclaim what life is about and just smile knowingly.

DUDE! We're not supposed to talk about that!

Oy vey. :)

i'm jewish, and from what i can see, i approach it the same way you do, pretty relaxed... latkes definently are amazing, but i prefer matza ball soup

My grandma makes the ebst Matza ball soup.

Also Gatfilta fish is great. Espically in horse raddish.

Latkas are great too, but one tip of advice.

NEVER, and i mean NEVER, eat too many latkas and drink a lot of water in a short period of time. If you do, you won't be a happy person for a few minutes.

DUDE! We're not supposed to talk about that!

Oy vey. :)

You know what must now be done. Delete this thread and kill everybody who has read it. I will contact my brethren who control Hollywood. They can make it all look like one big accident.

I've decided to make the Tailgate a little more inclusive(which will probably piss off a few closed minded people on this board). Where are my fellow tribe members at? For those confused, I am talking about us Jews. Please, nobody who believes that Jesus is our saviour/son of God need apply. :silly:

I am a "High-Holiday" synagogue attendee. Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Passover,etc. I usually make it about 6 times a year. For me, Judaism is more of a cultural identity thing. What do my fellow Heebs like most about being a Jew?

For me it's the Latkes. Nothing beats a good potato pancake with a litlle sour cream and applesauce. :)

So I'm good even if not Jewish. I used to work at Carnegie Deli and that food is the shizzle. Latkes, Locks(spelling?), matzah ball soup, they served borscht but sounds russian to me, corn beefs and pastrami....pure money...liverwurst too was pretty good on the Egg and Oy sandwich...but the Broadway Danny Rose was the best....1/2 lb of Pastrami and 1/2 lb of corned beef on rye with spicy mustard and pickles.

So I'm good even if not Jewish. I used to work at Carnegie Deli and that food is the shizzle. Latkes, Locks(spelling?), matzah ball soup, they served borscht but sounds russian to me, corn beefs and pastrami....pure money...liverwurst too was pretty good on the Egg and Oy sandwich...but the Broadway Danny Rose was the best....1/2 lb of Pastrami and 1/2 lb of corned beef on rye with spicy mustard and pickles.

You're in too :)

I was thinking about this the other day... I don't think we hear enough from our Jewish members in the religion threads. :2cents:

I think it would be very interesting to hear more perspectives in those conversations.

On another note... I'm not Jewish, but I love Bagels and Hebrew Nationals! :hungry:

I could never do without my pork though... so I could never convert. ;)

Archived