Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Goyim Allowed!!

frankbones

Not Jewish...but I am a fan of Bernard Malamud.

Anyone in here read The Magic Barrel, or The Assistant?

The Natural was such a damn good book. Blew the movie away.

Dads jewish, Moms episcopalian, I was raised as episcopalian and consider myself a christian...Dad actually doesn't care about being Jewish, has actually started reading the Bible and learning about Christianity...not sure why this is, it's kind of a touchy subject for him.

I love gefilte fish. First had it when I was invited to my first Sedar as a teen. I know it looks disgusting but I tried it out of politeness and liked it.

As an agnostic excommunicated Catholic, I love Jewish men. Catholics and Jews are raised with pretty much the same value system and similar traditions - ancient religious rites spoken in an ancient foreign tongue designed to inspire guilt in you.

I, too, know the secret to the universe.

The Natural was such a damn good book. Blew the movie away.

Dads jewish, Moms episcopalian, I was raised as episcopalian and consider myself a christian...Dad actually doesn't care about being Jewish, has actually started reading the Bible and learning about Christianity...not sure why this is, it's kind of a touchy subject for him.

I liked the Natural...the ending was kind of depressing though...but then all of Malamud's endings (of the stories I've read so far) are either sad or a bit strange.

it's all about the matzah pizza during passover

i was actually at temple today for a bar mitzvah, first time in a long time i'd been at temple, but i was bar mitzvah'd, went to hebrew high, and was also confirmed... just being at college so far from home it was difficult to come home this year for the high holy days

• 2 months later...
I've decided to make the Tailgate a little more inclusive(which will probably piss off a few closed minded people on this board). Where are my fellow tribe members at? For those confused, I am talking about us Jews. Please, nobody who believes that Jesus is our saviour/son of God need apply. :silly:

Are there any Messianic Jews at ES... ?

I was thinking about this the other day... I don't think we hear enough from our Jewish members in the religion threads. :2cents:

Exactly!! :cheers:

My 4th/5th grade teacher (same woman) used to do Passover for us in class. She brought in all the food and told us the story and significance of each. It was very cool. :D

I'm not Jewish, but I have a number of Jewish friends. Latkes are amazing, whether you have them with ketchup, apple sauce or plain. I also loved the matzo crackers and peanut butter kids would bring to school during passover. They hated the stuff of course, since they'd been eating it all week, but I was happy to trade them my ham sandwiches for it. :D

I kid, I kid. Roast beef actually.

I'm not Jewish, but I have a number of Jewish friends. Latkes are amazing, whether you have them with ketchup, apple sauce or plain. I also loved the matzo crackers and peanut butter kids would bring to school during passover. They hated the stuff of course, since they'd been eating it all week, but I was happy to trade them my ham sandwiches for it. :D

I kid, I kid. Roast beef actually.

You should have given em your milk too.

My family is Jewish. I was bar-mitzvah-ed. Believe it or not, John Riggins is a friend of my dad's and he came to my bar-mitzvah and signed autographs for half an hour, it was awesome. I was never confirmed and haven't been to synagogue since my younger brouther's bar mitzvah five and half years ago. My father is from Israel and I have been there once. I am not a world traveler, but I will say that Israel, and more specifically Jerusalem, is the most amazing place I have ever visited. They say its the holiest city in the world and, when there, you can feel its energy. I consider myself more of "sampler platter" when it comes to spiritual beliefs but will always have a special place for judaism. what are we gonna do with all these mischuga goyim?:D

which closed minded people are you referring to? the leftists who support the Palestinians and call Israelis "occupiers" or the right wingers who support the Likud?

just wondering what you meant by that.

and for me, I love everything about being Jewish- except that it makes it harder to find a Jewish wife in a country of 296 million non-Jews :doh:

which closed minded people are you referring to? the leftists who support the Palestinians and call Israelis "occupiers" or the right wingers who support the Likud?

just wondering what you meant by that.

and for me, I love everything about being Jewish- except that it makes it harder to find a Jewish wife in a country of 296 million non-Jews :doh:

Maybe you should start a thread asking for advice on how to find a nice Jewish girl to settle down with? :D

I keed, I keed.

Guest 979guy

Why don't you come on down to sunny Israel. Beach season is now ON!

xin_030203051519000429513.jpg

Yup, more of a cultural Jew than a religious one though I did the Bar Mitzvah thing. The traditions are getting more important to me as I get older. I appreciate I think the struggles and common sence of Judaism more now.

Jewish food isn't that great, but homemade latkes and matzah ball soup can be quite wonderful. Probably in the way that whatever food you grew up with has a special place in your stomach and heart.

More importantly it's really cool that as the Chosen People we were told the meaning of life (can't share sorry). What makes it even better is you can listen to all those philosophers and self-important people who proclaim what life is about and just smile knowingly.

Actually, I read that some 'converted' to take over the leadership positions in those organizations.

I once raised matzo's for a living. I just never could get past the horror's of 'harvest day'. I still wake up sometimes... wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the matzo's.

You should try pasta farming. Its hard work but pasta doesn't scream. Anyway, the last few pasta seasons in Europe have been sub-par.

Archived