Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton: Arrington to be traded

Drunken Master III

John Clayton seems to be pretty credible. He said on the John Thompson show on SportTalk980 that Arrington will be traded. Also he said that it will be an open competition for the qb position when training camp starts. If Campbell is ready then he will start. If not then Brunell will start the season as the #1 QB.

JT: What about Lavar Arrington?

JC: Traded

End of conversation. He didn't analyze didn't elaborate. He was basically stating his thoughts. With SB week and his hometown team of Seattle being in it I bet he hasn't had a chance to look into the details of Lavar. I wouldn't read too much into all of this.

End of conversation. He didn't analyze didn't elaborate. He was basically stating his thoughts. With SB week and his hometown team of Seattle being in it I bet he hasn't had a chance to look into the details of Lavar. I wouldn't read too much into all of this.

So no word on how soon that's going to happen?

my ass. sorry, but did anybody else hear this? Just wondering whether anyone can confirm he actually said this. Are you sure you didn't mishear him? Like maybe he thinks Arrington will be traded, or something along those lines?

Edit: Saw skinzstar's comment. I motion for a topic rename or at least some clarification before this gets out of hand.

So no word on how soon that's going to happen?

John Clayton said he thinks LA will be traded. He offered no thoughts on it at all. It was merely his opinion. He went on much more about how impressed he was with the signing of Saunders. That should be the only focal point taken from his interview with John Thompson today.

Actually, for the team that acquires Arrington - there is only a cap hit of $545k in 2006 (his base salary).

I would imagine that the team that acquired him would work on a new contract since his bases go up so much in 2007 beyond.

Does anyone know if the roster bonus would be triggered even though the trade would take place prior to July (or is the roster bonus set up for March 2?)....or perhaps the roster bonus (unlike the signing bonus) transfers to the new team?

John Clayton said he thinks LA will be traded. He offered no thoughts on it at all. It was merely his opinion. He went on much more about how impressed he was with the signing of Saunders. That should be the only focal point taken from his interview with John Thompson today.

Exactly. Clayton's opinion only, not based on anything he's heard from the team.

I honestly doubt they've decided. Even if he were traded, odds are that it would be for draft picks.

Exactly, this post hits the nail on the head.

He's just stating his opinion, he's not giving any inside info.

But, whatever...this will get overlooked and there will be a massive flood of LaVar trade threads.

Archived