Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton: Arrington to be traded

Drunken Master III

I dont see it happening and according to sport reporters' sources last week Lavar would bring mid round picks.

Witherspoon was the guy the dude on Comcast's pro football plus was coveting to come here if we could trade Lavar Probably because Lavar's Summer roster bonus would be close to the signing bonus offered to witherspoon.

JT: What about Lavar Arrington?

JC: Traded

End of conversation. He didn't analyze didn't elaborate. He was basically stating his thoughts. With SB week and his hometown team of Seattle being in it I bet he hasn't had a chance to look into the details of Lavar. I wouldn't read too much into all of this.

What more do you need? Done deal.

:silly:

This is an obvious example of media lies and the first time I've heard anyone credible discuss the possbility that #56 the QB Killa would not be in burgundy and gold next year.

Heresy.

I almost posted" "well, say 'hello' Carson Palmer."

John Clayton seems to be pretty credible. He said on the John Thompson show on SportTalk980 that Arrington will be traded. Also he said that it will be an open competition for the qb position when training camp starts. If Campbell is ready then he will start. If not then Brunell will start the season as the #1 QB.

I believe those when I see them. As far as I am concerned, right now LaVar is a skin.

Nothing happens until there is a new CBA. Lavar still has a huge upside and if he renegotiates he could be very attractive to another team. The Skins will have to take a huge cap hit next year to do this. They proved in the past they are willing to do this, but the circumstances were different. The Skins are very creative in the way they deal with the cap. Basically if GW wants Lavar he stays, if not he may go. If the Skins are honestly trying to make a SB push then its unlikely they want to take such a large hit now.

However, with a new CBA in place and the ability to spread the $ over a longer period, makes Lavar's chances of staying better than 50/50.

No team has to take on Lavar's salary as some seem to think. The new team will want a new deal that will be negotiated between LA's agent and the new team.

If Lavar refuses to negotiate then no trade, the Redskins release him and guess what, he ain't getting the deal he has here. So either way if LA is or is not on the Redskins next year he WILL be taking a huge pay cut, because neither Washington or another team is paying him his current salary.

The simple fact is Lavar has to decide if taking a pay cut and swallowing his pride is worth the chance of being on a winning team. No team is going to pay him what he thinks he's worth, so the ball is literally in Lavar's court make less here or there, where there maybe we don't know.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Arrington will be a beast next year. All the indicators point to him getting his speed back in the offseason. He has not had a chance to condition himself during the offseason yet.

He said he wants to get his weight down and do speed drills to get back the step that he lost. He will be a beast next year and back in the pro bowl.

Ramsey will be traded. When Saunders was brought in he said he spoke to Brunell and Campbell but not Ramsey so its safe to say Ramsey will be traded and most probably for draft picks since we need some picks next year. Hopefully we can get a late second rounder for him.

More corrupted media noise ...trading Arrington is like saying its going to rain tomorrow in Seattle. Nothing new. Gotta fill the airways with garbage till SB week. Its such obvious BS ... who would trade for Arrington anyway when everyone and their Aunt Tillie knows that LaVar will be released March 1st barring a last second trade for Carson Palmer.

Lavar still has a huge upside

isn't upside a term used to describe a player that has the potential to out play his salary and expectations? i love lavar as much as the next guy (save his retarded comments during philly week), but i don't think he can out play the salary he's due next year.

Actually, for the team that acquires Arrington - there is only a cap hit of $545k in 2006 (his base salary).

I would imagine that the team that acquired him would work on a new contract since his bases go up so much in 2007 beyond.

Does anyone know if the roster bonus would be triggered even though the trade would take place prior to July (or is the roster bonus set up for March 2?)....or perhaps the roster bonus (unlike the signing bonus) transfers to the new team?

This brings up a good point. I never thought about the possibility that if we traded him before the roster bonus, we wouldn't be hit as much.

I know if we turned the roster bonus into a signing bonus it would be spread longer, but is that still the case without a new CBA?

Can anybody elaborate on all this?

Archived