Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brainwashing of our players.

desertfox59

Do I think the players lost faith in Gibbs? No.

You're wrong on all counts.

As others have said, had the 'Skins taken a nose dive toward the end of the season, then maybe, maybe there might have been something there...

But that didn't happen.

You'll have to locate the black helicopters elsewhere. :)

Do I think the players lost faith in Gibbs? No.

You're wrong on all counts.

As others have said, had the 'Skins taken a nose dive toward the end of the season, then maybe, maybe there might have been something there...

But that didn't happen.

You'll have to locate the black helicopters elsewhere. :)

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I don't think a team that has lost faith in its' leadership goes out and wins 5-straight to end the season, putting up 101 points on division rivals in the process, and then winning a road-playoff game to boot. Not to mention three individuals setting career highs. :doh:

desertfox always makes these ridiculous threads to stir up peoples emotions ... like claiming Portis will never be a good running back because he holds the ball in his right hand, and now there is this thread...

Is there a way to 'ignore' a user so you don't have to see their threads/posts...

For the record....I hope you do ignore me...never to return to one of my thread and stink it up with the stench of your lies again..:finger:

Below are some of the threads I started ....I'm proud of them.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135111

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140103

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141067

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139980&page=1&pp=15

So Gibbs's solid leadership led the players to have a meeting without Joe Gibbs? And further, Gibbs's solid leadership led the defense to start creating turnovers left and right?

Don't trash the idea before you give it some thought. Just let it marinate for a min.

Yes, I believe his players having a meeting without him speaks volumes about JG's leadership. His leadership has created an environment where players feel that winning and losing is as much on their shoulders as it is on the coaching staffs. His leadership created leaders who will not let their teammates give up when things look bleak. What do you think they were talking about in that meeting? I would be willing to bet they were talking about getting their act together, executing on both sides of the ball, stop giving up big plays on defense, play with more passion, etc. I seriously doubt they were talking about what play calls sucked because that would be totally unproductive.

BTW, don't forget that some of our losses this year came not because offensive output sucked but because of defensive lapses. First Tampa Bay game is a perfect example. Too many big plays given up on Defense. We should have never been in the situation where TB had a chance to beat us on that 2pt conversion. I believe that many of our offensive lapses came because of a banged up O-line, poor execution, and a lack of a #2WR not because of bad coaching or a lack of belief.

Or you can rebut and/or debunk its premise. That's allowed too. :)

or you can mischaracterize and lie about it's premise...that’s o.k. too...

you can take a serious question....blow it out of proportion and turn it into a witch hunt...that's o.k. too.

Or you can call for a devoted skins fan to be banned...and clowned simply because you don't like what he has to say....that's o.k. too.

... but whatever you do....don't respond or debunk what is actually said...

no instead twist what is said into something that its not and then debunk it to satisfy you're own feeling of self importance....that's o.k. too.;)

]']calm down. its the offseason. we speculate the craziest things this time of year. saying he should be banned makes you look like a bigger idiot than you already are.

thank you....it is just speculation....it's a topic for debate...there is no malicious intent....read my other posts, and threads...:notworthy

What do you mean by lack of depth at the o-line....? if you mean that the o-line didn't execute the fundamentals...I agree....but these people are professionals it doesn't matter if you have Russ Grimm or Cory Raymer pulling on a tre....if they are blocking air...they are not executing the fundamentals of the game....and it's their fault not Gibbs's...how do I know this....Joe Gibbs is in the HOF and he didn't get there by not teaching the Fundamentals...!

You have absolutely no knowledge of the game. None at all. By depth, he is referring to the depth chart, as in having quality back-ups. And the O-line is coached by Bugle, not Gibbs, and furthermore, I highly doubt there is any lineman in the NFL that lacks fundamentals. It's obvious you've never picked up a football in your life and you still came up with this absurd theory on players' psyches based on subtle 'vibes' you pick up from tv interviews? You are worse than a troll.

Oh and your other threads suck. hard.

You have absolutely no knowledge of the game. None at all. By depth, he is referring to the depth chart, as in having quality back-ups...

You have absolutely no knowledge of sarcasm . None at all.

And the O-line is coached by Bugle, not Gibbs, and furthermore,

...As if Gibbs has no say in what Bugle does....And I have no knowledge of the game? :rolleyes:

and furthermore, I highly doubt there is any lineman in the NFL that lacks fundamentals.

you must've not watched our last two games....or the NFL this year for that matter.

It's obvious you've never picked up a football in your life .

wrong...oh so wrong.

You are worse than a troll.

Oh and your other threads suck. hard.

considering the source...I'll take that as a compliment.

or you can mischaracterize and lie about it's premise...that’s o.k. too...

you can take a serious question....blow it out of proportion and turn it into a witch hunt...that's o.k. too.

Or you can call for a devoted skins fan to be banned...and clowned simply because you don't like what he has to say....that's o.k. too.

... but whatever you do....don't respond or debunk what is actually said...

no instead twist what is said into something that its not and then debunk it to satisfy you're own feeling of self importance....that's o.k. too.;)

desertfox,

I wouldn't take things so personally for several reasons: (a) this is the Internet, (B) you made a post that's at best counterintuitive, and at worst inciteful, and © you're attacking a team that went to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years--that went from 6-10 to 11-7 under Joe Gibbs.

Several people haven't engaged your perspective because they believe it to come from someone who they think is too far afield to acknowledge what they believe is the right perspective. If it suits you, ignore them.

People will attack any position--from the most homerific to the most negative, I'd just let it roll of your back and thicken your skin--you'll have more fun that way. :)

You have absolutely no knowledge of sarcasm . None at all.

I can't distinguish your 'sarcasm' through your skewed 'theories.' Sorry.

...As if Gibbs has no say in what Bugle does....And I have no knowledge of the game? :rolleyes:

If you are talking about the fundamentals and execution of a position, it is the position coach that teaches and drills these skills into his player. Not the head coach.

you must've not watched our last two games....or the NFL this year for that matter.

Saying that an NFL player, part of the elite of the world, doesn't have a grasp on the fundamentals is like saying Stephen King can't read. Sure we didn't execute as well as we could have down the stretch, but our poor play can be attributed to injuries and fatigue, not six year pros lacking fundamentals or morale in a HOF coach for that matter.

wrong...oh so wrong.

Doubtful... oh so doubtful.

considering the source...I'll take that as a compliment.

Wow. First one all thread. Congrats.

…Oh I admit I have no hard evidence...but there were little things...subtle things that lend credence to this take. like the faces on some of the Offensive players when asked what it was like to play under HOF coach Joe Gibbs. You could visually see them cringe like it wasn't that great but I better spin some positive fluff. This constant barrage of negative crap about Gibbs, had to take it's toll on the Players...
I can maybe see something here, but it has nothing to do with not having faith or buying into Gibbs' system.

If I had to guess, I would say its because Gibbs/Bugel/Williams/Blache are some of the most demanding coaches in the NFL. You know Gibbs philosophy in practice, we work our players harder then most teams. These coaches don't play favorites, don't let anything slide, and expect perfection. So maybe that's why some of the players might be hesitent to speak their minds about playing under Gibbs...

Of course I think your point is rediculous. With the salaries these guys are getting paid, they better work their asses off.

Fox, why do you hate the o-line? You've been bashing them for weeks now. To turn around and blame it on them not believing in Gibbs is ludacris.

If anything their belief in Gibbs and each other is what took them to the playoffs. If there is one thing that Gibbs does well that's manage people. You don't succeed in two different sports by not being able to get people to buy into your beliefs.

I totally missed the players cringing when asked about Gibbs. I in no way shape or form sensed the players thinking Gibbs was anything less than a great coach. Maybe your player sensor is a little off.

there was something wrong with the offense. One of the defensive players of the Raiders said before the game on the radio there is a tell in the Redskins offense. Where ever Santana Moss is lined up is where the play is run. You can not do that all yr and expect to score a lot of points. We only got that three 30 point game streak because the defense was creating short feilds

what??!

the last half of the season, they were dominate, 5 straight 100 yard games for Portis, over 220 yards rushing against the Rams, 844 yards total during that stretch avg 169 yards a game.

we gave up only 9 sacks the last 8 games, zero sacks 3 straight games (Rams, Cards, Boyz)

Sure the line was really good during the latter part of the season. You won't get any disagreement here.

However, it wasn't nearly so during the beginning of the season......especially in pass protection. Specifically, I can recall the first Dallas game, KC game, and first Giants game as games where the line was exposed from a pass protection standpoint.

the O-line didn't execute the last three games like they bought into the system...

They were tired Portis suffered a stinger and a sprained wrist teams were more dedicated to stopping portis and making brunell beat them with his injuries brunell would not have beaten a high school team.

Although I do sense that DesertFox59 is actually serious about his perceptions- I am absolutely dumbfounded that one could come to this conclusion.... You, my friend, are the epitome of the "glass is half empty" type personality.....or maybe you are just a conspiracy theorist. But from my perspective I sensed that the team was more "together" and more united in purpose than I have seen them since the early 90's.....

Very, very strange perspective.

The O line? They were banged up! It's football!

DF...I read the whole thread first after passing on it...outside of Thinking Skin you got failry well jumped on...I've done the same with you in the past on another topic, but will support your right to be you all the way...but I'll also join those who reccomend that you learn to accept these reactions more comfortably...

I'll make one more suggestion...usually, when I find a bunch of people reacting to something I've said in a negative manner I find surprising...I don't instantly assume they're all f-ed up and I'm the only sane one...I actually stop and re-evaluate why my message (or my persona, if it's a more general reaction and consistent over time) might have drawn such reactions...and see if I can learn something about myself and my thinking instead of just refuting the experience or clinging to one or two supporters as validation. It's been a useful message-board practice for many folks, just FWIW.

its just a vibe I sensed comming from some of the players this year.....I'm not saying it's right.

"Coming from the players".

Did you speak to them? Did you visit with them long enough to get this "vibe"?

Just how exactly did you come up with this?

Blondie

Those of you talking about the players having a meeting behind Joe's back are completely wrong. They did not have a meeting behind Joe's back, they had a meeting with Joe Gibbs. After our 3 game losing streak Joe Gibbs held a Vets only meeting, to hear what the players had to say, and just get on the same page.

Some of you might be thinking about last year, when there was a players only meeting ... I think it was last year, I know there was definitely one during Spurrier's last year.

Either way, you guys need to get your facts straight before you bash.

To prove my point:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130040&highlight=Vets+Meeting

Sure the line was really good during the latter part of the season. You won't get any disagreement here.

However, it wasn't nearly so during the beginning of the season......especially in pass protection. Specifically, I can recall the first Dallas game, KC game, and first Giants game as games where the line was exposed from a pass protection standpoint.

While you said all year, you have to admit the vast improvement over the year.And while they had some rocky games, overall the Skins were one of the best OL in the NFL, and will get only better.

no team, KC or any other has perfect games every game all year long.

Archived