Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brainwashing of our players.

desertfox59

desertfox always makes these ridiculous threads to stir up peoples emotions ... like claiming Portis will never be a good running back because he holds the ball in his right hand, and now there is this thread...

Is there a way to 'ignore' a user so you don't have to see their threads/posts...

I think you are correct in your assesment of the o-line...It was inconsistent....I think that is excatually what I am saying....and it's just possible I'm wrong but is it not possible that the media played a role in the phyche of our players....? and wouldn't that inturn effect their attitude and ability on the field?....I thought our offense made leaps and bounds this year....

its just a vibe I sensed comming from some of the players this year.....I'm not saying it's right.

Aren't you sensing a vibe from the players because you perceive the offense to be defficient and consequently believe the players must perceive the offense to be such as well?

I don't think there is a vibe from the players because I believe the players are truly buying into what Gibbs is/was doing.

Either way, overall the offense was inconsistent to sucessful this year. It was never out right bad for an extended stretch. Consequently, why would the players have any reason to put out a "vibe?"

So Gibbs's solid leadership led the players to have a meeting without Joe Gibbs?

The players knew that a coach can only do so much. It was on them to pull it together and get the job done on the field. For the players to call a players only meeting IS a direct reflection of the leadership and character of the coaching staff.

Are you kidding me? I honestly think a banning is in order for this utter garbage. This thread may have held *some* credence after LAST season but our players won 6 games down the stretch and BELIEVED in what this team was doing. To not understand this is pure ignorance.

1) its a hypothetical....

2) its not garbage...

3) banned....???? open your mind Stalin....open your mind.

4) your point about the improvement over last year is correct....I agree that the belief in the system has greately increased by our players....but how do you marry that with the facts that everytime our skins were in the valley the whole "Gibbs sucks" arguments were made....? Did that not effect our players....? I don't really know....see #1.

The players knew that a coach can only do so much. It was on them to pull it together and get the job done on the field. For the players to call a players only meeting IS a direct reflection of the leadership and character of the coaching staff.

You say this as if you've talked to the players themselves. Could not the meeting have been, "this guy is over the hill and if we're going to win this thing, we're going to win it ourselves"

What the hell?

We just made it to the playoffs for the first time in freaking 7 years...our offense was ranked 11th...who has problems with that?

I know what the problem was in why we didnt score enough in the playoffs....Randy Thomas getting hurt, then comes Ray Brown (who I love) who goes down in our last playoff game leaving who? Freaking Cory Raymer to play Guard....Cory Raymer got pushed all around last year at the position he usually plays, let alone a new position.

O line depth and lack of productive 2nd receiver is what was wrong with offense, not play calling, not double secret animosity towards Gibbs...

What do you mean by lack of depth at the o-line....? if you mean that the o-line didn't execute the fundamentals...I agree....but these people are professionals it doesn't matter if you have Russ Grimm or Cory Raymer pulling on a tre....if they are blocking air...they are not executing the fundamentals of the game....and it's their fault not Gibbs's...how do I know this....Joe Gibbs is in the HOF and he didn't get there by not teaching the Fundamentals...!

Ummmmm....I'm confused.

Our offense moved up to what...11th place this season from last season and you don't think the O is believing in Gibbs?

I'm sure the players don't spend that much time pondering what the mediots think about Gibbs.......they are living it.

If, by some freak of chance, they didn't believe in what he was doing at the begining of the season....aka....5-6, after the vets only meeting, I believe they had no doubt.

6-in a row and into the playoffs.

Who can not believe???

F--k the mediots.

I hope they NEVER believe.

Makes winning that much sweeter.

I think all of the non-believers were let go and or traded last off season.

I truely believe that the players there now, are glad to be a part of the Washington organization, trust totally in thy lord Gibbs and know they are part of something special.

A team that's headed to the Super Bowl.

Nuff said and AMEN!

Hail!:point2sky

p1_taylor.jpg

I think I can get your overall argument of "the players and the media can blame someone else for their lack of execution" because the constant thing we hear is that the game has passed Gibbs by. Even this year when we were doing well, the instance of a poor performance, like against Tampa or against Philly or against Seattle, those words began to mutter again. Even with the hiring of Saunders though, they're still saying it, just now they're saying that he hired somebody to handle that problem.

thank you for helping me state my position....:)

Stupidest post I've ever seen. It rivals Pittman4Two's.

If anything, it was the players' belief in Gibbs and his offense that got us in the playoffs in the first place. Without this belief, at 5-6 we would have crumbled just as Norv's and Spurrier's teams crumbled. That's all there is.

You say this as if you've talked to the players themselves. Could not the meeting have been, "this guy is over the hill and if we're going to win this thing, we're going to win it ourselves"

Wow. You got me on that one. So 53 Washington Redskins organized themselves together to discuss how washed up Joe Gibbs has become. Aren't you supposed to be starting a mailing list somehwere?

Oh wait you forgot something. :sucks:

Yeah, Joe Gibbs lost the players.

That's completely explains why, for the first time in well over a decade, these guys give 100% on the field and never stop until the clock is finished. That completely explains why two guys on the Offense had team-best years while playing in an outdated system that nobody wanted to play in.

Yeah, that's it.

:rolleyes:

Did you listen to the players speak after the game? Its seems to me they expressed the exact philosophy that Gibbs has. Everyone of them spoke of the "team" and playing "Redskin football". I understand it is the off-season and theres not much to discuss, but this is just ridiculous.

I get this feeling...listening to the players...when things are good they believe...when things are bad they don't....oh wait maybe that's the fans I get the feeling about.

Ummmmm....I'm confused.

Our offense moved up to what...11th place this season from last season and you don't think the O is believing in Gibbs?

I'm sure the players don't spend that much time pondering what the mediots think about Gibbs.......they are living it.

If, by some freak of chance, they didn't believe in what he was doing at the begining of the season....aka....5-6, after the vets only meeting, I believe they had no doubt.

6-in a row and into the playoffs.

Who can not believe???

F--k the mediots.

I hope they NEVER believe.

Makes winning that much sweeter.

I think all of the non-believers were let go and or traded last off season.

I truely believe that the players there now, are glad to be a part of the Washington organization, trust totally in thy lord Gibbs and know they are part of something special.

A team that's headed to the Super Bowl.

Nuff said and AMEN!

Hail!:point2sky

It's not so black and white....I think that it might ....might be something that is in the back of their minds as a convienent excuse for their poor execution. I hope the rest of your post is true also...hail.:point2sky

thank you for helping me state my position....:)

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But I think it ties directly to the other side of the coin, which is "will Saunders do everything Gibbs's way".

You bring up an interesting thing too with the players. I hadn't really considered them much of a factor, but suppose for a sec that they are. If Saunders doesn't teach Gibbs's philosophy and Gibbs gets mad at Saunders that's one thing. But if the players are also on Saunders's side, then it makes the move look less glorified. Especially if say, the offensive line wants to do things Gibbs's way, but the QB wants to do things Saunders's way. Or if Portis wants to have a more "guts" offense (Gibbs) and if Brunell wants a passing offense (Saunders), it could lead to a problem.

And as far as the media, they'll just find another reason to bash Gibbs. They'll probably bash him now because he's not coaching the offense. Saying that the game has passed him by because of that.

The offensive line wasn't bad all year. Nor was it good all year.

what??!

the last half of the season, they were dominate, 5 straight 100 yard games for Portis, over 220 yards rushing against the Rams, 844 yards total during that stretch avg 169 yards a game.

we gave up only 9 sacks the last 8 games, zero sacks 3 straight games (Rams, Cards, Boyz)

I freely admit...you might be right.....that doesn't mean the question shouldn't be asked.

Yes....yes it does. It is the worst question I've ever seen asked on this message board. And that is saying a lot. You just have to look at the obvious information right in front of your face to see how non-sensical a question it is.

The only "cringe" on the faces of players after being asked about Gibbs is probably from getting the same question 50 times...:doh:

Nah, I don't think so. I think you are reading too much into nothing. I've always felt this team has nothing for respect for Gibbs. Look at Arrington... he's talking about redoing his contract to stay on this team. You think he'd do that if he thought the coach didn't have it? Maybe a few of the players individually felt that way, who knows. For the most part though, it seems to be exactly the opposite.

Hail!

it's just a hypothetical...you didn't notice this at all in some of our players?...our O-line didn't play poorly the last two games???

When 1/5 of the line is out, and that fifth may very well be the best part of the line, it can really hinder your ability to play.

Archived