Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brainwashing of our players.

desertfox59

I have a different take on the “what went wrong with Gibbs offense this year” question. It was a lack of belief of Gibbs by the players.

this is all just speculation, but It seemed to me that some of the players started to buy into the myth perpetuated by the media that Gibbs x2 doesn't know what he's doing anymore, or the game has passed him by, or it's different in the NFL now....

…Oh I admit I have no hard evidence...but there were little things...subtle things that lend credence to this take. like the faces on some of the Offensive players when asked what it was like to play under HOF coach Joe Gibbs. You could visually see them cringe like it wasn't that great but I better spin some positive fluff. This constant barrage of negative crap about Gibbs, had to take it's toll on the Players...

Oh I don't blame the players for buying into this...I mean...after all, Hitler always said the bigger the lie the more people will believe it...this Anti-Gibbs propaganda is also an easy excuse for some of their (specifically the o-line) poor execution of the fundamentals this year... it became easy for them to blame Gibbs play calling (just like the media does) instead of looking at the facts of their play on the field.

This negative media branding (of Gibbs) that has infesting itself into the belief system of some of the players needed to be dealt with one way or another...but how would Gibbs do that with out totally overhauling a proven system that he has faith in and will continue to implement......He brought in Al Saunders.

Saunders solves both these problems....now the players and the media can blame someone else for their lack of execution....Gibbs has skillfully removed himself from the equation....while at the same time insuring that his offensive philosophy will continue to be used (all be it with modifications)....sure Saunders will get the credit if the skins continue to improve next year.....but why does Gibbs care?????...He has no ego to bruise....the sad thing is that our players do.

Bringing in Saunders will hopefully reinforce The Fundamentals of the game taught by Gibbs offensive philosophy. The fundamentals that some of the offensive players seem to have forgotten...Hearing the same thing from a different person can be a powerful eye-opener......I only hope that our players’ egos don't have media biased blinders on.

no its not.....why would you say that?

because it is the most rediculous thread to date. the reason we made it as far as we did this year is because our players bought into Gibbs system. if this was not the case we would have ended with a record of 8-8 or worse. we definitely would not have won 6 in a row without the belief of the players in the coaches.

Are you kidding me? I honestly think a banning is in order for this utter garbage. This thread may have held *some* credence after LAST season but our players won 6 games down the stretch and BELIEVED in what this team was doing. To not understand this is pure ignorance.

it's just a hypothetical...you didn't notice this at all in some of our players?...our O-line didn't play poorly the last two games???

What the hell?

We just made it to the playoffs for the first time in freaking 7 years...our offense was ranked 11th...who has problems with that?

I know what the problem was in why we didnt score enough in the playoffs....Randy Thomas getting hurt, then comes Ray Brown (who I love) who goes down in our last playoff game leaving who? Freaking Cory Raymer to play Guard....Cory Raymer got pushed all around last year at the position he usually plays, let alone a new position.

O line depth and lack of productive 2nd receiver is what was wrong with offense, not play calling, not double secret animosity towards Gibbs...

no its not.....why would you say that?

One might say that because the offense, as you seem to suggest, was not horrible this year.

The offensive line wasn't bad all year. Nor was it good all year.

Similarly the execution on the field wasn't bad or good all year.

It was inconsistent.

Now, at the end of the season there were some additional problems to be sure.....but those were hardly the fault of Gibbs.

You argument is based on the belief that the offense wasn't any good. That was not the case.

because it is the most rediculous thread to date. the reason we made it as far as we did this year is because our players bought into Gibbs system. if this was not the case we would have ended with a record of 8-8 or worse. we definitely would not have won 6 in a row without the belief of the players in the coaches.

the O-line didn't execute the last three games like they bought into the system...

the O-line didn't execute the last three games like they bought into the system...

get your facts straight. the O line was banged up. Thomas was out with a broken ankle and he was HUGE to our running game. Jansen played with broken thumbs most of the year. and at 42 years old Ray Brown ran out of gas, God bless him. it had absolutely NOTHING to do with anyone on our team giving up on the coaches.

Yeah...Portis hated rushing for over 1500 yards and setting the Redskins single-season rushing record.

I'm sure Moss despised setting his career bests in yardage and receptions as well as breaking the Skins' single season receiving record and finishing second in the NFL in yardage. He MUST have been brainwashed to put up with that nonsense.

And Brunell...poor Brunell was brainwashed into throwing the most TDs of his career and having the best TD/INT ratio of his career. He had to be brainwashed to tolerate that kind of torturous performance.

I'm sure Cooley hated being 4th in receptions for NFL TEs and 6th in yardage. I'm sure it made him cringe to be second among NFL TEs in touchdowns. OH GOD how he must have hated that.

:rolleyes:

Remember three easy steps: 1) Think, 2) Make sure it has not been posted, 3) Post.

One might say that because the offense, as you seem to suggest, was not horrible this year.

The offensive line wasn't bad all year. Nor was it good all year.

Similarly the execution on the field wasn't bad or good all year.

It was inconsistent.

Now, at the end of the season there were some additional problems to be sure.....but those were hardly the fault of Gibbs.

You argument is based on the belief that the offense wasn't any good. That was not the case.

I think you are correct in your assesment of the o-line...It was inconsistent....I think that is excatually what I am saying....and it's just possible I'm wrong but is it not possible that the media played a role in the phyche of our players....? and wouldn't that inturn effect their attitude and ability on the field?....I thought our offense made leaps and bounds this year....

its just a vibe I sensed comming from some of the players this year.....I'm not saying it's right.

You bring up a good point, but I think this thread might have had more validity to it in Gibbs first season especially when portis went off after the Cleveland game, but probably not any more. Any frustration shown by the players this season in regards to the offense would be because thay know that in all of our losses this year (except the Giants game) we had chance to win with the offense but didnt capitalize. The players believe now more than ever as evident by the 6 game winning streak (that now one except fans thought they could pull off).

If they didnt believe in Gibbs, I think they would have folded in at 5-6 but didn't.

In Gibbs we trust till death and so do the players. Not saying he cant do any wrong, but the hiring of Saunders proves that he isnt concerned with ego, just the success of the organization, which is why I feel this way.

desert MY MAN, you are sounding too much like an uninformed fan. IF had any idea what you were talking about(ever played football before?) then one might agree with you incredable analogy of this season......Injuries, llack of players to fill voids, etc were the problem; PLAIN AND SIMPLE! :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

"TURN IN YOU CARD"

the time for hating fans is OVER!!!!!

Did you listen to the players speak after the game? Its seems to me they expressed the exact philosophy that Gibbs has. Everyone of them spoke of the "team" and playing "Redskin football". I understand it is the off-season and theres not much to discuss, but this is just ridiculous.

Are you kidding me? I honestly think a banning is in order for this utter garbage. This thread may have held *some* credence after LAST season but our players won 6 games down the stretch and BELIEVED in what this team was doing. To not understand this is pure ignorance.
Cosigned

I think I can get your overall argument of "the players and the media can blame someone else for their lack of execution" because the constant thing we hear is that the game has passed Gibbs by. Even this year when we were doing well, the instance of a poor performance, like against Tampa or against Philly or against Seattle, those words began to mutter again. Even with the hiring of Saunders though, they're still saying it, just now they're saying that he hired somebody to handle that problem.

What is it with people looking for hints of something negative today? If you can't see just how much the players bought into Gibbs philosophy, there is little hope for you. When they went on the skid half way through the season, they pulled it back together and put together a run nothing short of amazing. That was a result of solid leadership that starts with JG.

calm down. its the offseason. we speculate the craziest things this time of year. saying he should be banned makes you look like a bigger idiot than you already are.

What is it with people looking for hints of something negative today? If you can't see just how much the players bought into Gibbs philosophy, there is little hope for you. When they went on the skid half way through the season, they pulled it back together and put together a run nothing short of amazing. That was a result of solid leadership that starts with JG.

So Gibbs's solid leadership led the players to have a meeting without Joe Gibbs? And further, Gibbs's solid leadership led the defense to start creating turnovers left and right?

Don't trash the idea before you give it some thought. Just let it marinate for a min.

Archived