Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brainwashing of our players.

desertfox59

Why, because I've blasted enormous holes in your silly little theory???

Great debate technique...whenever your premise is challenged or debunked, simply ignore it and keep on truckin'.

All in favor of renaming desertfox to AJ_Skins2 or OldTownFan2, say Aye!! :doh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is a very good post....you've almost changed my mind.....

I agree with every thing you said...but I'd like you to clarify a few things for me...only if you want to of course.

1) is it not possible for everything you said to be true and my original post to also be true both to varing degrees?

2) You are talking about the overall team....and I agree with that assessment...I did say some players not all....I wasn't talking about the overall team.

3) Much of what we hear from a team and a coaching staff is based around the idea of keeping your guard up....example: Brunell is not really bothered by his knee, or Portis's shoulder is just fing....ect. doesn't this extend to players opinions also?

1) No. Can't have it both ways. My post that you quoted states why.

2)I understand that and was taking that in consideration. And several of these players have been quoted and have said things similar to what Gibbs players in the past have said. And we're pretty sure that they believed in him. Want to see an example of players that inmho didn't believe in Gibbs, look no further than Coles and D-mac. And maybe to a lighter degree Pierce and Smoot.

3)Apples to oranges. Holding ones cards close the vest is different than showing them with the belief you'll win. In this case, read what they said about team and coach. Listen to what they say and how they say it, not by how they hold their shoulders or which way they look. Hell, Portis spends half his time looking down or to one side during interviews about anything.

2)I understand that and was taking that in consideration. And several of these players have been quoted and have said things similar to what Gibbs players in the past have said. And we're pretty sure that they believed in him. Want to see an example of players that inmho didn't believe in Gibbs, look no further than Coles and D-mac. And maybe to a lighter degree Pierce and Smoot.

3)Apples to oranges. Holding ones cards close the vest is different than showing them with the belief you'll win. In this case, read what they said about team and coach. Listen to what they say and how they say it, not by how they hold their shoulders or which way they look. Hell, Portis spends half his time looking down or to one side during interviews about anything.

PCS -- you're wasting your time. The basic premise of this entire, worthless argument is baseless...a team that does not believe in its coach does NOT win 6 in a row including a road playoff game. ESPECIALLY a road playoff game.

1) don't you think it is possible that the media's constant questioning of Gibbs's ability effects how the players perceive him...especially when the going gets tuff?

2) accepted.

3) accepted.

well done.

1) don't you think it is possible that the media's constant questioning of Gibbs's ability effects how the players perceive him...especially when the going gets tuff?

2) accepted.

3) accepted.

well done.

1) No. Why should it? Put it to you this way. Joe and his coaches are assaulted daily by media reports and fans opinions on players and plays. Should they, ( or any other coach), be effected or influenced by the words of those who only know a little about what they, the players did for that one day or 2? In comparison to what coaches see on a daily basis through practices, the games themselves, and the gametapes? Same thing with the players. This is a group, of guys who at any one time, will have have one or more of them getting hammered for one reason or another by the media. Should they take what the media says seriously and start to doubt themselves? Or just push it away because those that coach them, play with them, and the players themselves believe in their abilities?

These are guys who are led by this man on the field and off. Who play for him and who speak with him. Why in the world would they take the opinions of those who are essentially on the outside looking in seriously? That's something that's reserved for fans.

I am by no means a Gibbs hater however one of the players on the Redskins is related to my aunt. This player was over at my aunt and uncles house for dinner after the Chargers game and was telling my uncle how players were privately questioning Joe Gibbs playcalling. They said they in practice they ran one set of plays and had a whole gameplan that they worked on all week, than during the game Gibbs abandoned it.

I understand this was one game and everyone makes mistakes but is it to hard to believe that the game has passed Joe by a little and the players can see that?

Also I know people on here are going to say that i made this whole thing up, well I did not and if you dont believe me than that is your perogative.

Jumbo....I'll make one suggestion to you...next time you come across one of my threads...go ahead and pass on it. Believe me...you won't be missed.

:laugh: Fair enough, DF. I can respect and cooperate with your request. :point2sky

So Gibbs's solid leadership led the players to have a meeting without Joe Gibbs? And further, Gibbs's solid leadership led the defense to start creating turnovers left and right?

Don't trash the idea before you give it some thought. Just let it marinate for a min.

Again -- look at post #29 by Bonef1de. He quoted the above post by "Thinking Skins" except in his post it says suomononA was the original poster....

Something fishy going on at ES indeed....

I don't hate the O-line....but of all the units, they were the weakest in the last three games...and before that they were spotty at best....Now it is a credit to their ability and coaching that they were able to accomplish the awesome things they did...but that doesn't change the fact that they failed to defeat a (in the Seahawks case) D-line whom they outweighed by an average of 30 pounds.

I agree with you....Gibbs manages people well...I think the Saunders thing was to put the "anti-Gibbs" notion (weather you agree with it existing or not) to bed for good....Gibbs is just a smart man.

my player sense could very well be off...I never pretended to be omniscient

It seems to me you are basing your argument, for the most part, on the last two or three games. You've written that a few times in this thread. It seems that the 5 game winning streak and a playoff victory doesn't even register in your thinking. I can't understand that.

Oh, and I disagree with the premise of your post, by the way... ;)

I am by no means a Gibbs hater however one of the players on the Redskins is related to my aunt. This player was over at my aunt and uncles house for dinner after the Chargers game and was telling my uncle how players were privately questioning Joe Gibbs playcalling. They said they in practice they ran one set of plays and had a whole gameplan that they worked on all week, than during the game Gibbs abandoned it.

I understand this was one game and everyone makes mistakes but is it to hard to believe that the game has passed Joe by a little and the players can see that?

Also I know people on here are going to say that i made this whole thing up, well I did not and if you dont believe me than that is your perogative.

I believe you....looking at your other posts lends credibility too you also.

I am no Joe Gibbs hater either...I think the thread was to point out how smart Gibbs is. Look even if the undercurrent of discontent by the players with Gibbs's Play calling wasn't their....He might have still brought in Saunders to quell that notion perputated by the media....

I'm confused, did that player think the game has passed Joe by or not? I didn't quite make sense of your second paragraph.

It seems to me you are basing your argument, for the most part, on the last two or three games. You've written that a few times in this thread. It seems that the 5 game winning streak and a playoff victory doesn't even register in your thinking. I can't understand that.

Oh, and I disagree with the premise of your post, by the way... ;)

they do register....I am basing this on the players reactions in interviews both before the streak and durring the post Bucs era and the play on the field by the O-line. Now people have brought up some great excuses for the O-line and I accept them...its just that I thought they could overcome them. I think the streak helped to quell this undercurrent in the locker room (if it exists) but I don't think that it killed it....but it's almost dead thanks to the Saunders hire....that was just a brilliant move.

Tzzod, thanks for the intellegent disagreement. hail :cheers:

I have a different take on the “what went wrong with Gibbs offense this year” question.
sorry, but didn't we win 10 games this year, and we had a total of around 359 points?(taking out 2pt conversions and asuming we made all extra points) dude just becuase we sputtered in the postseason doesnt mean that our offense was terrible all year. in fact last year our highest point total in a game was 31 and we had only 3 or 4 games with over 21 points (probably 3). this year we consitantly scored over 21 points in games and a high of 52, wich by the way is not offensive futility even if it was against the 49ers (put it this way, that was the 49ers worst loss of the year). you are just following the media bandwagon, "the skins did terrible in two games therefore the offense struggled the whole year":doh:

sorry, but didn't we win 10 games this year, and we had a total of around 359 points?(taking out 2pt conversions and asuming we made all extra points) dude just becuase we sputtered in the postseason doesnt mean that our offense was terrible all year. in fact last year our highest point total in a game was 31 and we had only 3 or 4 games with over 21 points (probably 3). this year we consitantly scored over 21 points in games and a high of 52, wich by the way is not offensive futility even if it was against the 49ers (put it this way, that was the 49ers worst loss of the year). you are just following the media bandwagon, "the skins did terrible in two games therefore the offense struggled the whole year":doh:

I never said that our offense was horrible...I believe that our offense was great...that is not what this thread was about.:doh: re-read please then come again.

there is a reason it is in quotes....Its not what I was saying ...it's what others were saying....the media..for example.

it's just a hypothetical...you didn't notice this at all in some of our players?...our O-line didn't play poorly the last two games???
didn't sound hypothetical to me, plus you really think the poor play was becuase they didn't believe in gibbs? thats stupid, think about that for one second and you'll realize just how bad your argument is. if there was ever a time to believe in gibbs it was durring the playoffs:doh:

plus in another earlier post didn't you say that during and before the streak the o-line played bad? clinton portis' 1500+ yards speak for themselves (as amazing as portis is, you and i both know that with no line=no yards, i am convinced that if the o-line was playing as poorly as you claim, portis would have ended up with 900-1000 yards this season and a touchdown total somewhere like last year, plus he had 11 touchdowns this year, 7 of them comming on 1-5 yard runs, thats offensive line savy if you ask me)

the running backs performance reflects the line, plus

how do you explain the sports medias praise for our line??? TD on NFL Network said "its the best line out there, probably the best in years"

your argument falters at the sight of reason...

Archived