Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

loudest band

england

who was the loudest band you saw, i saw the stranglers at the dominion tottenham court road man they were loud but not as loud as the kinks i could'nt here a thing for two days :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Last I heard it was a Who concert

"They made the Guiness Book of World Records for loudest concert for a show in London on May 31, 1976. The record was beaten several times before Guiness stopped listing it because too many people were losing their hearing".

pete townsend can second that

Pete actually lost part of his hearing after Keith Moon 'unexpectedly' blew up his drum kit on a TV show - i believe it was the Dick Cavitt show but i may be wrong

I just saw that on one of those "100 greatest....." shows. after the rehersal,

the Who and the stagehands deemed that 1 explosive charge wasn't enough so the stagehand put two charges in the drum, and unaware of this, Keith Moon put in two more charges on top of those. After the large explosion, which Pete was standing directly in front of, Pete in a state of shock grabed

Tommy smothers guitar from him and smached it.

Loudest show I went to was the "hoiday spectactular" Easter '76 at the Cap Centre with Rush, Reo, Ted Nugent, Blue Oyster Cult, and Mountain!

I was standing on the floor next to the right PA column, ouch!

I was just about to say Motorhead. I used to be a touring musician and I have been a part of a few loud club shows but nothing like these two. Both top offenders happen to be from England.

Morohead - in Dallas around 92' or so on the "March or Die" tour. This was a fairly large club but I think they must have used their stadium setup. It was just ridiculously loud. When i walked out I felt like I had been punched in the head. It was hard to focus.

Judas Priest - on the Turbo tour in about 87'. Can't remember exactly where that was but it was a coliseum. This one had more to do with where I was standing more than anything I think. I was on Glen's side of the stage near a row of PA speakers that were stacked about half way to the ceiling. I had a case of the "what did you say?" for about 3 days.

I can’t believe these were 15-20 years ago. Thanks for making me feel old ya limey ****. :D

I saw Motorhead at the Brixton Academy on 19 November 2005, the blow me away, ringing in my ears for a week, they were loud.

Lemmy came on stage and proformed "Please don't Touch" with Girlschool, first time they had do it live in 20 odd years.

Paul.UK.

I was just about to say Motorhead. I used to be a touring musician and I have been a part of a few loud club shows but nothing like these two. Both top offenders happen to be from England.

Morohead - in Dallas around 92' or so on the "March or Die" tour. This was a fairly large club but I think they must have used their stadium setup. It was just ridiculously loud. When i walked out I felt like I had been punched in the head. It was hard to focus.

Judas Priest - on the Turbo tour in about 87'. Can't remember exactly where that was but it was a coliseum. This one had more to do with where I was standing more than anything I think. I was on Glen's side of the stage near a row of PA speakers that were stacked about half way to the ceiling. I had a case of the "what did you say?" for about 3 days.

I can’t believe these were 15-20 years ago. Thanks for making me feel old ya limey ****. :D

we all are yank

Saw Metallica in Marseille France, the bass was so loud it made my ex-wife sick to her stomach. She had to go to the back of the arena and sit down. No it wasn't alcohol we really didn't even drink. After the concert our legs were shaking like we'd been riding a boat for a couple of hours. Totally awesome.

Archived