Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Redskins Moment of 2005

Jofizz

Who is a better tackle?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a better tackle?

Everybody is picking the last 4 minuites of the 1st dallas game (and rightfully so) ... but for pure body lifting electricity ... I pick the astonishing TD throw made by Pat Ramsey to Santana Moss in the 2nd half of the 2nd Giant game that broke open that game and made me believe for the first time that the Skins would make the playoffs.

My two favorite moments happened at the two games I went to:

1 - Redskins 14, Cowboys 13

2 - In Tampa in the opening round of the playoffs. The Bucs have the ball on third down with one yard to go. We shut down Alstott on third down and then Marcus Washington flies through the line and blows up the fourth down play. Those two plays showed the heart of this awesome defense.

Great season, great team. This year was a lot of fun.

Sean Taylor picking off the pass in Philly and running it back to win us the game in week 17.

That was a fumble return, not an interception.

Oh, and the hands down, bar none, moment(s) of the year: "BRUUNEEEEEEEL, GOOOOOOOOOOOIINNNNNGGG DEEP!"

Those two TDs to Moss to tear the hearts out of the Cowgirls were fantastic. There will never be a better *moment* for me as a fan. Of course winning the superbowl will be fantastic, but that moment will always be super-special.

Mine would have to be THE amazing comeback in dallas when santana hauled in two bombs from brunell to take what the cowboys thought was already a win..instant classic..

What are some of your highlights of the season?

:logo: hail.

YEP. That was awesome. Also the Tampa Playoff game....we got a taste, gonna be a great 2006.

What are some of your highlights of the season?

In this particular order:

1. Brunell to Moss for the win by 1 point in Dallas wk 2, Monday Night Football, on the night the Trippletts were inducted into the "Ring of Shame".:notworthy

2. Sweeping Dallas at home 35-7.:applause:

3. Beating Tampa with only 120 yards Offense!

4. Making the Playoffs by sweeping the Eagles, while eliminating Dallas.

5. Beating the Giants and getting some sweet revenge on Eli.

6. Everything the Defense did, tipped passed, int's, fumble recoveries, sacks, hard hits, and just plain ol' smash mouth D. Arrington, Taylor, Springs, Griffin, Wynn, Rogers. Those guys made my season!

7. Re-signing of Gregg Williams!

8. Clinton Portis knocking out cold that Tampa defensive player.

9. Frost making the stop by pushing out of bounds the return runner, and taking a finger to the eye.

10. Edell Shepherd droping the ball in the endzone.

11. Seller's kick-off fumble recovery, and then TD. (Dallas game)

12. Clinton Portis and his "wardrobe".

I think the funniest and most ironic thing is the fact that for 1 year and half every football analyst said the game had past Gibbs by and he was stuck in the 80s. Then he goes on record before the week 7 saying bascially that the 49ers are a very good team and the skins will have to play a great game in order to be able to pull out a victory.

I was like, "Oh my! He is stuck in the 80s!"

It was also great to see him get this team to regroup, win 6 in a row, and prove the doubters wrong.

Definitely being in the stands that evening at Fedex when the Skins just whipped the Cowboys' asses up and down the field.

Actually, the Skins were 4-0 this season when I made the trip up from NC. Bears, Seahawks, Eagles, and Cowboys. Looking forward to keeping that streak alive starting again this September! :applause:

Salavea busting through the the line to force a fumble in Tampa.

Santana's two tds at Dallas.

Washington's pick against Dallas.

Brown's return against Arizona.

Rock's big run against St.Louis.

The 49ers game.

but most of all sweeping the Cowboys and ending their season as well as Tampa's and getting farther than the Giants.

The second Brunell to Moss TD in Dallas on MNF after the "Trio" got an award

My Brother gave me a new Black with Yellow Cursive R cap and I wore it for the first time that night. (I also wore it for the Cowgirl blowout 2-0!)

Although I knew things where going to go right when Gibbs came back, That was proof

and

The Taylor TD in Philly

I didn't even watch the dive......I was kissing my wife and yelling "Playoffs Baby!"

The highlight for me was the victory celebration and singing of Hail to the Redskins in the parking lot at Texas Stadium with a bunch of other Skins fans after the Monday night victory over Dallas. We walked back out to where Blondie's tailgate had been and just went nuts with high-fives and chest bumps while singing HTTR at the top of our lungs...the scene was incredible. The look of disbelief on the Cowboys fans faces as they made their way to their cars was priceless. It was their night of celebration with the "Triplets" and we had crashed their party in a big way. That is the point where this team started to believe. Who would have known that it was just a glimpse of what was to come....a sweep of the Eagles..a sweep of the Cowboys..a winning division record..Skins fever gripping DC again..the playoffs...a playoff victory. That hot as hell September night in Texas will never be forgotten for in my eyes it was the beginning of the Return to Glory.

Archived