Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins good sportsmanship

sawxray

Saw? Kinda disappointed man, I seem to recall giving you your due credit for facing the music after the Skins/Giants II but you're really sounding bitter today, sorry. I understand you maybe not being too affable today but that was more vent than anything.

Sorry bro...but:

I have kids -- 2 boys. My Giants fan wife had the pleasure of going to the Giants/Panthers game in a skybox. When she returned home from the game...me and the two kids (one of them is 2 yrs old) were taunting her with the old: "E-Li... E-Li..." chant. It was awesome.

Sounds like someone's gonna have a cold night on the couch :silly:

As a Giants fan, I came to your board and posted 'Congratulations' after you beat the Giants in the second meeting of the year. At that time there were several 'thank you's', and a few 'f*ck you's'. Although I was a bit surprised, I have to say you have now convinced me.

I have met some nice and knowledgable fans here. Congrats to you on your win over Tampa.

However, to the obnoxious idiots who are looking for an anonymous way to build some small measure of self-esteem, or go crowing about how big men they are without consequence, I will say this:

ST is a loser in the game of life, until something changes big time. I have read some of these threads trying to make excuses for his behavior, which has been inappropriate on the field and illegal off of it. The good people here are starting to get fed up with this sort of " I am a famous football player and I can do whatever I want and hurt whoever I want" attitude, but there are those (you know who you are) who ought to be ashamed of themselves. Would you raise your kids like this? Aren't you the ones who pointed out TO's behavior? How can you justify backing ST, but get on TO's case?

Because it suits your purpose. So you will sacrifice principle and ethics for this little dose of self-esteem you get when you identify with your team so abnormally. Tell you what-you are not the athletes working your butts off and living through the pain and rigor of being a pro player, but you strut around after a win like YOU won the prize. And many of you are the same ones who were ****ing and moaning earlier this year when you lost several.

And then there are the threads of the Giants being losers, and how hte skins are the real cham's. Right. That ain't how the rules are set up.

So if you want to live by your own rules, then anybody can. And they can steal your car, shoot at you, or walk into your house and assault your wife/sister/mother. The world is based on rules, and sport is part of the real world.

And try to teach your kids, if you have them, about the value of winning and losing. I have no respect for those parents who teach their kids to rub in a victory over their sporting rival after the game. How immature is that?

When your kid loses at something (and no one is perfect, so everyone fails at something), he or she will feel like sh*t, because that is how he or she sees those who don't succeed at a game, or a task, or at achieving a goal.

So to heck with all of you who have to post about the Giants in a mean-spirited manner. I root for my team good or bad, and am happy to see a big improvement this year. if you can only root when your team wins, then show all your anger and bad feelings about yourself when you lose, then you really are in trouble.

That thread about hte Giants is pretty low-class, and there is no excuse when you all are supposedly adults, and have the power to NOT type such demeaning crap. Remember, though, it is demeaning to YOU when you act like that.

Any of you who answer with "F you" will just prove the points above. i am not measured by my team, and remain a fan because I like the victories and trials of sports, not just the opportunity to belittle someone else because my self-esteem isn't there. If you use these opportunities to belittle others who try, you are really the loser.

So post your worst.

To the good fans here, this post is not directed towards you. You know who you are, as well.

Guess somebody had a rough day at the office. Better go get yourself a big box of kleenex with the lotion in them, you wouldnt want to irritate your skin crying over todays A$$ whoopin!

Shall we define Irony for you? It is ironic on many levels, first being that your emotional reaction is exactly what you are accusing Skins fans of, connecting too closely with your team, esteem-boy, and being a little down today, understandably so. Secondly, on a day when the Giants honor LT, the citizen himself, you attack ST and refer to him as a "...loser in the game of life" at the ripe old age of 22. ST is a young man who is still learning, and plays at a high emotional level. That was as hard hitting and trash talking game as I've seen in a while, and it might have gotten the best of him. None of us know the situation he found himself in regarding his stolen ATVs, or the individuals he had to confront over it, we might have brought a gun too. As far as I know, that is his only legal transgression.

You must be a Republican, being as judgmental and pompous as you are. Because you have kids you are better than everyone, esteem boy? The final irony (for now) is that such an intolerant person lives in SFO.

I'll give you one thing Saw, you have balls. Seriously it takes stones to come onto a rival teams site and talk down to the members from that pedestal you implanted your pompous rearend upon. I forgive you though, the fans immulate their team and since your team is filled with a egomaniac cry babies. How hard is it for you as a fan to watch Eli act like a little girl everytime he makes a mistake or a play busts? How hard is to watch Shockey stand on the field and cry while the person defending him is running the opposite way with the ball?

Saw, brother I forgive you. You're a Giants fan projecting your feelings from behind a computer at fans who are bigger and brighter than you. Now go retape your glasses, tighten up your suspendors and kiss your mommy good night. Don't forget to turn off your Barney nightlight. :laugh: :gaintsuck

As a Giants fan, I came to your board and posted 'Congratulations' after you beat the Giants in the second meeting of the year. At that time there were several 'thank you's', and a few 'f*ck you's'. Although I was a bit surprised, I have to say you have now convinced me.

I have met some nice and knowledgable fans here. Congrats to you on your win over Tampa.

However, to the obnoxious idiots who are looking for an anonymous way to build some small measure of self-esteem, or go crowing about how big men they are without consequence, I will say this:

ST is a loser in the game of life, until something changes big time. I have read some of these threads trying to make excuses for his behavior, which has been inappropriate on the field and illegal off of it. The good people here are starting to get fed up with this sort of " I am a famous football player and I can do whatever I want and hurt whoever I want" attitude, but there are those (you know who you are) who ought to be ashamed of themselves. Would you raise your kids like this? Aren't you the ones who pointed out TO's behavior? How can you justify backing ST, but get on TO's case?

Because it suits your purpose. So you will sacrifice principle and ethics for this little dose of self-esteem you get when you identify with your team so abnormally. Tell you what-you are not the athletes working your butts off and living through the pain and rigor of being a pro player, but you strut around after a win like YOU won the prize. And many of you are the same ones who were ****ing and moaning earlier this year when you lost several.

And then there are the threads of the Giants being losers, and how hte skins are the real cham's. Right. That ain't how the rules are set up.

So if you want to live by your own rules, then anybody can. And they can steal your car, shoot at you, or walk into your house and assault your wife/sister/mother. The world is based on rules, and sport is part of the real world.

And try to teach your kids, if you have them, about the value of winning and losing. I have no respect for those parents who teach their kids to rub in a victory over their sporting rival after the game. How immature is that?

When your kid loses at something (and no one is perfect, so everyone fails at something), he or she will feel like sh*t, because that is how he or she sees those who don't succeed at a game, or a task, or at achieving a goal.

So to heck with all of you who have to post about the Giants in a mean-spirited manner. I root for my team good or bad, and am happy to see a big improvement this year. if you can only root when your team wins, then show all your anger and bad feelings about yourself when you lose, then you really are in trouble.

That thread about hte Giants is pretty low-class, and there is no excuse when you all are supposedly adults, and have the power to NOT type such demeaning crap. Remember, though, it is demeaning to YOU when you act like that.

Any of you who answer with "F you" will just prove the points above. i am not measured by my team, and remain a fan because I like the victories and trials of sports, not just the opportunity to belittle someone else because my self-esteem isn't there. If you use these opportunities to belittle others who try, you are really the loser.

So post your worst.

To the good fans here, this post is not directed towards you. You know who you are, as well.

I can remember another Taylor that you probably own a jersey of and thats Lawrence. By the way enjoy the offseason.

You must be a Republican, being as judgmental and pompous as you are. Because you have kids you are better than everyone, esteem boy? The final irony (for now) is that such an intolerant person lives in SFO.

I agreed with the rest of your post, especially being that LT isn't exactly a "winner" in life even now at the ripe age of 40+.

But the quoted portion is unnecessary. We don't need to get into a political debate, but it's not typically republicans that talk about 'esteem' and I live in Seattle---intolerance and judgmental worldviews are not the province of the Right.

You must be a Republican, being as judgmental and pompous as you are.

I was thinking the same thing. ST hasn't been convicted of ANYTHING off of the field, so how has his behavior been illegal?? This moral piety (and hypocrisy) is the same garbage you can find on O'Reilly, Limbaugh, etc.

Based on his posting history, I think we all need to remind this guy about glass houses. He hardly seems like an authority on sportsmanship.

Screw the VaGiants.....Enjoy the offseason.

As a Giants fan, I came to your board QUOTE]

Why? Go Away, we won't miss you. I know that sports isn't the end all of life, it's a good pasttime and a lot of fun. I take the good with the bad. Win some, lose some and all the cliche's. I i want to sit in front of my computer and type drivel about who is better than who and who is a dirty #$@@** then I can. And you know what you can do? Go to another board or put up with what you read here.Obviously you must like it here cause you post enough. And remember just cause someone says it don't make it so. Except for one thing.... Skins win, G-aints lose!! hahahahaha

Upon further review, there is indisputable visual evidence that the author of this thread has personally posted items elsewhere which conflict with his high and mighty stance here.

The ruling on the field stands, he's a tool box.

Although I usually frown on name calling, this made me laugh.:laugh:

Trolls can be called names here. That's what's cool.

It would be one thing if this guy had an established GOOD history here, but he doesn't. And then he comes in after a loss for his team and begins to lecture people about a guy on our team--it's not even relevant. What does that have to do with what happened today or yesterday.

Talk football or at least have credibility on the subject. But be a troll and a tool and then start into a self-righteous respect and you will get no respect here.

Here's the deal with ST - he's a work in progress. No excuses - just that he came to DC a VERY young and immature guy. He's made PLENTY of big mistakes. He is making smaller mistakes and fewer of them - that's good - but clearly he has a way to go. I don't think that he is scum - but I'm not ready to introduce him to my sister either. I hope he continues to grow and become a better person.

It is sad that the offensive, unsportmanslike behavior of Sean Taylor can ruin a great win by a very good team. Let's admit something to ourselves: the only reason we condone such behavior is because ST wears burgundy and gold. If he wore any other uniform, I know what the reaction on this board would be.

Sadly he displays the same characteristics of too many athletes today, particularly the athletes from the U. of Miami. The attitude, the unsportsmanlike behavior, the taunting, etc. Is ST any different than a Shockey or an Irvin? No. The only reason we defend him is because he wears our uniform.

I have been a Skins fan since Norm Snead was a rookie. I have coached youth athletics. I have tried to instill a sense of fair play, sportsmanship and the joy of competing and congratulating your opponent afterwards. The antics of ST sicken me.

ST is the Skins' Marcus Vick. He is a cancer that will destroy this team. I thought Gibbs wanted men with character. ST proved to me has has no character.

:(

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

SEAN TAYLOR THE FIRST PERSON IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL TO SPIT ON SOMEONES FACE.

Ok, what he did was ridiculous but that kind of garbage goes on every play. ST was dumb to have done it right in front of an official.

I want to see the video and determine if it was a case of "say it dont spray it" or if he did actually hack a lugi in Pittmans grill.

Problem is Sean Taylor is to real for some folks.

It is football folks that kind of stuff and worse goes on.

The Skin fans that are being so righteous and judgemental shoudl take a step back.

Why, because they will look like fools when they start riding ST's jock again.

He is the real deal folks, a no nonsense, hard hitting, "I do not care what you or anyone else thinks" type of player.

Also folks here are acting like the target of the alleged spit is a saint or something.

He and every other Buc player was talking crap the whole game, including their fair haired 16 year old QB.

You know what the great thing about ST's is ?

He does not give a crap what anyone on this board thinks nor does he care for the opinion of anyone on it.

Hate all you want, he is what he is and I am glad he is a Skin.

Archived