Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins good sportsmanship

sawxray

As a Giants fan, I came to your board and posted 'Congratulations' after you beat the Giants in the second meeting of the year. At that time there were several 'thank you's', and a few 'f*ck you's'. Although I was a bit surprised, I have to say you have now convinced me.

I have met some nice and knowledgable fans here. Congrats to you on your win over Tampa.

However, to the obnoxious idiots who are looking for an anonymous way to build some small measure of self-esteem, or go crowing about how big men they are without consequence, I will say this:

ST is a loser in the game of life, until something changes big time. I have read some of these threads trying to make excuses for his behavior, which has been inappropriate on the field and illegal off of it. The good people here are starting to get fed up with this sort of " I am a famous football player and I can do whatever I want and hurt whoever I want" attitude, but there are those (you know who you are) who ought to be ashamed of themselves. Would you raise your kids like this? Aren't you the ones who pointed out TO's behavior? How can you justify backing ST, but get on TO's case?

Because it suits your purpose. So you will sacrifice principle and ethics for this little dose of self-esteem you get when you identify with your team so abnormally. Tell you what-you are not the athletes working your butts off and living through the pain and rigor of being a pro player, but you strut around after a win like YOU won the prize. And many of you are the same ones who were ****ing and moaning earlier this year when you lost several.

And then there are the threads of the Giants being losers, and how hte skins are the real cham's. Right. That ain't how the rules are set up.

So if you want to live by your own rules, then anybody can. And they can steal your car, shoot at you, or walk into your house and assault your wife/sister/mother. The world is based on rules, and sport is part of the real world.

And try to teach your kids, if you have them, about the value of winning and losing. I have no respect for those parents who teach their kids to rub in a victory over their sporting rival after the game. How immature is that?

When your kid loses at something (and no one is perfect, so everyone fails at something), he or she will feel like sh*t, because that is how he or she sees those who don't succeed at a game, or a task, or at achieving a goal.

So to heck with all of you who have to post about the Giants in a mean-spirited manner. I root for my team good or bad, and am happy to see a big improvement this year. if you can only root when your team wins, then show all your anger and bad feelings about yourself when you lose, then you really are in trouble.

That thread about hte Giants is pretty low-class, and there is no excuse when you all are supposedly adults, and have the power to NOT type such demeaning crap. Remember, though, it is demeaning to YOU when you act like that.

Any of you who answer with "F you" will just prove the points above. i am not measured by my team, and remain a fan because I like the victories and trials of sports, not just the opportunity to belittle someone else because my self-esteem isn't there. If you use these opportunities to belittle others who try, you are really the loser.

So post your worst.

To the good fans here, this post is not directed towards you. You know who you are, as well.

Yeah you'll find good and bad seeds in every corner (not that I'm claiming to be one of either ... hopefully my meager posts speak for themselves) ... fans as a whole are self-serving to their cause (TB fans didn't care abt reffing in the first game, "a win is a win," but w/ questionable calls in the last one ....)

I don't know if I'd agree that ST is a loser in life, but I'll the first to say that what he did was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike ... it'd be very hypocritical to judge Marcus Vick and condone ST ... I think alot of us have grown to love him, and want to think the best of him (don't we do this w/ parents, friends, etc. all the time?) ...

Congrats on a season that far exceeded alot of expectations ... the LB injuries were probably your main downfall (though little went right today) ... you've got some great pieces in place (your ends are simply phenomenal), and if Eli progresses you should expect another great season in another hopefully competitive NFC East ...

I really don't like the Giants, but they are a good team. I'm glad the Redskins don't have to play them in New Jersey again.

As for Sean Taylor, spitting is stupid and immature, assuming he spit, and assuming he spit with the intent of insulting Pittman. As a Redskins fan, that's all one can say. Its a shame, and hope he straightens himself out.

You know what? You're absolutely right. The NFL has no place for people like Sean Taylor. It's such a shame that every other team in the NFL has nothing but choir boys on their roster. Why can't the Redskins have more player like Jeremy Shockey or Plaxico Burress?

Oh yeah, and one more thing. F*** you. Getting your a** kicked by the Panthers sucks, but don't take it out on us.

Ummmm. I believe this post is ironic.

How is it ironic? My intention is exacty as stated, and I believe there are more important things in life than lording it over anybody who fails at something. Unless you want to lower everyone else to your meager level...

Pourdanesh-Appreciate the thoughts. We may disagree on ST, but your points are all well-taken.

Some people really are a bunch of babies.

You don't think this type of stuff goes on and simply isn't caught by the refs, practically every Sunday?

I'm not condoning spitting on people, but you have no idea what happened and what type of comments were hurled back and forth. To call someone a loser at life because they "allegedly" spit on someone during a fierce playoff football game is a stretch.

Go watch golf or something if you feel the need to care THAT MUCH about this sort of thing. Football obviously isn't meant for you.

I don't disagree with the thread's point... Just because it's made by a Giants fan doesn't take away from the validity of the post...

Taylor's a bad seed... I hope Redskins do something with him in the offseason to either get him in line or get him off the team...

While not condoning ST's behavior, it seems more symbolically offensive than some of other questionable offenses that take place in football every game.

If I recall correctly, didn't Jeremy Shockey throw his drink on some kid at the San Francisco playoff game? I think that shows less "sportsmanship" than ST's alleged offense with another player in the heat of battle.

I know that the completely uncompetitive effort put forward by the GMen at home must have you looking for other areas to direct your frustration, but try to put things in perspective before lashing out at Skins fans.

ST is a loser in the game of life, until something changes big time. I have read some of these threads trying to make excuses for his behavior, which has been inappropriate on the field and illegal off of it.

How exactly has his behavior been illegal off the field?

Just a poor losing Giants fan rants!!!!

Eli sucked today huh?

to the honorable Giants fans in this forum.Sorry for th loss it could have been nice to see us in the NFC championship game..We still have a lot of work to do to get there but we have a shot..

As fans we are not responsible for ST's childish behavior..but every single one of you wish he was on your team so Shut Up!

man no offense, but you can't come on here saying how good our fans are and how they are respectful and then blast one of our best/favorite players and expect no **** you's. i mean come on man none of us really like the giants, in fact most of us hate them, but with guys like tom on here we all enjoy talking to him respectfully and as fellow fans talking about football.

Sportsmanship or not we have our oppinions and when it comes to one of our best, we are gonna believe he is innocent until proven otherwise. Don't say you respect us if you are gonna say something like that on here.

On another note good season and good luck next year, but go easy on blasting our players man or you won't find too many more fans here that show much respect.

This coming from a guy who wrote this post:

Fluke? Then I guess your win over the cowboys was a fluke, and the skins continue to suck.

No, wait, they beat the Cardinals! By Three! Wow!

You have a great team, 8 and 6. Should be invited to the Super Bowl right now, because you are tops. Well, not exactly tops, but seventh place. In the NFC. After the Giants, loser. the 10 and 4 Giants, six games over .500. SIX

You are two games over .500. TWO. Even you, loser can do that math.

Hahahahahaha

You didn't show up for the Giants game. So you admit your team was scared sh*tless. Good. Then you have your excuses all ready for this week.

I can't believe a supposedly 'professional' team can't show up for a game when they're being paid millions. Maybe its because their fans are all losers? Or is it just you?

Yeah, big ole ST hurt all those Giants receivers the first game. I just dídn't see it. Nor did anyone else. And he broke Tiki. Right after the 200 yards, Tiki was so shattered he had to sit down, for the WHOLE FOURTH QUARTER. How many yards would he have had, loser?

So take your loser *ss off this board, because you just embarrass the REAL Redskins fans, who want nothing to do with you, loser.

LOSER!

While you may point out that this post was directed at someone who you don't consider a good fan, it just shows you that everybody acts like a jerk sometimes. In fact, looking over most of your posts, you come off as a smug knowitall who is looking down his nose as he types out his repsonses.

Don't come on our board and pass judgement on us.

That thread about hte Giants is pretty low-class, and there is no excuse when you all are supposedly adults, and have the power to NOT type such demeaning crap. Remember, though, it is demeaning to YOU when you act like that.

By Sawxray,

Gee, I remember an A**-whooping that went the other way, and much, much worse. In the Meadowlands, where you MIGHT get the chance to play, if you even get into the playoffs.

When was the last time...

Sawxray,

Is this the type of low class post you are talking about?

Thought so...... Enjoy the offseason.

Taylor's a bad seed... I hope Redskins do something with him in the offseason to either get him in line or get him off the team...

If the Redskins do something to get Sean Taylor OFF the team then I don't know what I'd do.

Probably would be something along the lines of :doh: :( :puke: :rubeyes: :cry: :wtf:

well, i stopped reading this after the 2nd paragraph.

your sitting here, bashing on ST, but how do you condone the behavior or jeremy shockey? shockey is just as much of a "thug" as ST is. We dont know half of the stuff that goes on on the field. And I would not be suprised in the least if shockey does this stuff on a weekly basis.

someone said that this post is ironic. and it is, its ironic that a giants fan, of all people, would be posting something like. go back and drain your sorrows in some more liquor before coming back.

See next year!!!

This coming from a guy who wrote this post:

While you may point out that this post was directed at someone who you don't consider a good fan, it just shows you that everybody acts like a jerk sometimes. In fact, looking over most of your posts, you come off as a smug knowitall who is looking down his nose as he types out his repsonses.

Don't come on our board and pass judgement on us.

very, very well put if I might say so myself

Archived