Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins good sportsmanship

sawxray

In response to the comments about Sean Taylor:

First off, Sean Taylor denies spitting on anybody. If Taylor did what he was accused of then he certainly deserved the ejection. The NFL can have little tolerance for this sort of behavior. As a matter of fact, I think they should have ejected Pittmann for his role in the incident. A zero tolerance policy should be just that.

For what its worth, I think the Redskins have handeled the incident very well. All teams have to deal with behavior problems and this staff has done a good job in reacting to it. Gibbs supported the official's decision to eject Taylor in response to the incident. Williams, who has a closer relationship with Taylor, choose to believe his player's claim of innocence. He has seen Taylor's work this season first-hand and decided to got to bat for a kid he believes in.

The best thing for Sean Taylor is his invovlement on this football team. The Redskins have an organization that emphasizes character when acquiring players. They also have have an experienced coaching staff to guide his development. These factors give Taylor the best cance to mature as a person. Remember, he is just a kid. I think we should give Williams and Gibbs, good coaches who emphasize character, time to work with him.

after reading armchairredskins' post...wow dont invite yourself to this kind of criticism in the first place. you should know better than this and know that someone on here experienced and smart enough to remember you was gonna bust you on doing something like that....dont ever blast our players or fans again

These factors give Taylor the best cance to mature as a person. Remember, he is just a kid. I think we should give Williams and Gibbs, good coaches who emphasize character, time to work with him.

see the thing is...ppl forget that football players can be young and clueless too. eveyone expects them to be mature, sophisticated, and make no mistakes...i mean if you guys think about it.....how many teens and 20 year olds do stuff that are dumb and immature? i'm not saying that its ok for him to spit if he did at all b/c of his age but god......it's not like he's perfect!

As a Giants fan, I came to your board and posted 'Congratulations' after you beat the Giants in the second meeting of the year. At that time there were several 'thank you's', and a few 'f*ck you's'. Although I was a bit surprised, I have to say you have now convinced me.

I have met some nice and knowledgable fans here. Congrats to you on your win over Tampa.

However, to the obnoxious idiots who are looking for an anonymous way to build some small measure of self-esteem, or go crowing about how big men they are without consequence, I will say this:

ST is a loser in the game of life, until something changes big time. I have read some of these threads trying to make excuses for his behavior, which has been inappropriate on the field and illegal off of it. The good people here are starting to get fed up with this sort of " I am a famous football player and I can do whatever I want and hurt whoever I want" attitude, but there are those (you know who you are) who ought to be ashamed of themselves. Would you raise your kids like this? Aren't you the ones who pointed out TO's behavior? How can you justify backing ST, but get on TO's case?

Because it suits your purpose. So you will sacrifice principle and ethics for this little dose of self-esteem you get when you identify with your team so abnormally. Tell you what-you are not the athletes working your butts off and living through the pain and rigor of being a pro player, but you strut around after a win like YOU won the prize. And many of you are the same ones who were ****ing and moaning earlier this year when you lost several.

And then there are the threads of the Giants being losers, and how hte skins are the real cham's. Right. That ain't how the rules are set up.

So if you want to live by your own rules, then anybody can. And they can steal your car, shoot at you, or walk into your house and assault your wife/sister/mother. The world is based on rules, and sport is part of the real world.

And try to teach your kids, if you have them, about the value of winning and losing. I have no respect for those parents who teach their kids to rub in a victory over their sporting rival after the game. How immature is that?

When your kid loses at something (and no one is perfect, so everyone fails at something), he or she will feel like sh*t, because that is how he or she sees those who don't succeed at a game, or a task, or at achieving a goal.

So to heck with all of you who have to post about the Giants in a mean-spirited manner. I root for my team good or bad, and am happy to see a big improvement this year. if you can only root when your team wins, then show all your anger and bad feelings about yourself when you lose, then you really are in trouble.

That thread about hte Giants is pretty low-class, and there is no excuse when you all are supposedly adults, and have the power to NOT type such demeaning crap. Remember, though, it is demeaning to YOU when you act like that.

Any of you who answer with "F you" will just prove the points above. i am not measured by my team, and remain a fan because I like the victories and trials of sports, not just the opportunity to belittle someone else because my self-esteem isn't there. If you use these opportunities to belittle others who try, you are really the loser.

So post your worst.

To the good fans here, this post is not directed towards you. You know who you are, as well.

Your post started off well and I considered you to be somewhat nice/intelligent/insert nice word here. However, once you started calling our players 'losers in the game of life' i lost all respect. What drove you to say something like that? Unnecessary and youre only making yourself look bad. You are the reason why the 'bad fans' and the 'good fans' dislike the Giants.

This is a Skins board.... if it was shockey I am sure that people on the giants boards would be defending his actions as well....

And as said before shockey is as much of a "thug" as ST... with half the talent...

You really didnt think you could come onto a Skins board and put down a player and our fans opinions.... come on....

And try to teach your kids, if you have them, about the value of winning and losing. I have no respect for those parents who teach their kids to rub in a victory over their sporting rival after the game. How immature is that?

Sorry bro...but:

I have kids -- 2 boys. My Giants fan wife had the pleasure of going to the Giants/Panthers game in a skybox. When she returned home from the game...me and the two kids (one of them is 2 yrs old) were taunting her with the old: "E-Li... E-Li..." chant. It was awesome.

:gaintsuck

What a disingenuous, bitter and condescending hunk of tripe.

Sawxray, you have no standing to make these comments based on your posting history. You also have little or no grasp of the topic at hand at it shows. You are also guilty of knocking down strawmen and overstating your case against Sean Taylor.

In short, leave us alone.

I would guess that we'll be seeing more trolling, coupled with some veiled and seemingly-complimentary posts that are really only designed to vent the frustrations of fans who follow teams who are no longer technically alive in the playoffs. Where was this post yesterday, before the holier than thou Giants were swept out? And I do mean swept out.

As bad as our offense appeared yesterday against a formidable defense and on the road, the Giants were worse in their own house. Nothing stinks more than the stink in your own house.

So take your sour grapes and newly-found righteousness back to the Giants message boards. Or are you just tired of all the bridge jumping and wrist slashing that's going on over there that you're compelled to come and attempt to rain on the parade of teams that are, like it or not, still mathematically alive? Peace out.

Sorry bro...but:

I have kids -- 2 boys. My Giants fan wife had the pleasure of going to the Giants/Panthers game in a skybox. When she returned home from the game...me and the two kids (one of them is 2 yrs old) were taunting her with the old: "E-Li... E-Li..." chant. It was awesome.

:gaintsuck

That's awesome! :laugh:

Riiiiight...

This is a response to some pretty bad behavior, and like the ST situation, you make excuses for your actions.

Its still pretty darned immature. Have any kids?

Does the term "trolling attention whore" mean anything to you? It takes a real tough guy to come posting negative stuff on an Internet message board about a team you're not even a fan of. If you treat people like this in real life, I'm going to assume they've got wirless Internet access in whatever hospital you're in.

And yes, it does seem that ST is a total thug, so I do agree with you on that point.

How is it ironic? My intention is exacty as stated, and I believe there are more important things in life than lording it over anybody who fails at something. Unless you want to lower everyone else to your meager level...

Pourdanesh-Appreciate the thoughts. We may disagree on ST, but your points are all well-taken.

ST allegedly spit on someone--Ray Lewis was involved in a double murder, and you are gonna come onto OUR board taking crap??????? I kinda like you--but get the hell outta here and enjoy your offseason! The NFL is predicated upon hipocracy--get used to it. Pittman was convicted of beating his wife. I don't excuse what ST did, if he did it--but give me a break! Go home

How exactly has his behavior been illegal off the field?

I think his point was that if he spit on someone off the field it would have been illegal. A good post, though I would reserve judgement of Taylor not knowing much about his character. Is this typical of him or just a poor decision in the heat of the moment? In Seattle, our team has gotten better with the removal of some of the "bad apples".

I think his point was that if he spit on someone off the field it would have been illegal. A good post, though I would reserve judgement of Taylor not knowing much about his character. Is this typical of him or just a poor decision in the heat of the moment? In Seattle, our team has gotten better with the removal of some of the "bad apples".

It could be that he has overactive salivary glands. I was just spit on the other day by a woman (I could feel it hit my cheek) who was very nice and wasn't yelling or talking loud. Imagine if you're really jawing with someone.

It's possible he DID spit but not the hock-a-loogie kind from what I can tell from his head movement but that kind you do threw your teeth lol

In any event, Taylor isn't a bad apple yet. He's shown signs of being more mature and has actually talked to the media this year. And we are NOT as good a team without him.

Oh I agree on people having a double standard on this board when it comes to TO and ST... but we dont have all the facts yet on ST, so its sort of a moot point, it would be rash to jump to conclusions. As for us being the real NFC East Champions, sure we didnt win the division, but this weekend we proved we are the best team in the NFC East. We are the only one left in the playoffs.

As for Giants fans, yes there are some nice ones, but really, I have no respect for anyone who is a Giants fan on the sole basis of how dirty most Giants fans are. To even associate onesself with that shows you care more about winning than right and wrong, and Giants fans are at the bottom of the barrel(beaten out only by eagles fans, the scumbags).

Archived