Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Friday Breakdown: Playoff Edition - Bucs vs. the (Red)Skins

Pittman4Two

Overview

Well, it's evident to me, as it is to other diehard football fans, that the Redskins have benefitted from a soft, easy schedule in the last couple months to allow them this little breath of fresh air to breathe.

Well I assume you just started this thread to get a rise out of us, which is fine by me. BUT, don't start it off with that statement. That's just plain silly. I mean I hope you're not being serious, are you?

Looks like somebody's seriously not getting it.

That in itself, while rather suprising and even a bit amusing at this point, is okay.

Blatantly flaunting good taste, and The Rules, is not.

Please consider that a strong hint.

Thats why I don't post a whole lot. Don't know if this guy is being blatantly ignorant or sarcastic, dunno, don't care. Just amped up for the game, I need to either see someone get crushed or crush someone. Just read the rules and it looks like I came close to breaking rule 5, sorry. I didn't break rule 6 though.

That was quite a post.

Even though it appeared to be a joke, he does bring up a good point. Phil simms has a reputation for wearing great jeans. That is simply a fact. I say we go to the bucs lockerroom and steal those jeans phil has bestowed on chris. Then we MAY have a chance.

18 throws 17 runs ... 35 plays not counting at least 5-10 runs from betts and i guess 5 punts. Thats not really a lot of plays.

2 completions for 80some yards and a TD... not bad.

GOod p0st

I don't know whether the poster can eventually approach the legendary status of a"Redclaw" post but this was mildly encouraging. It does have a way to go before it can compete with words like these: ...."or your doom is but a forgone conclusion against the stingy, stout defense of the Mighty Scarlet Birds Of War"!

My favorite: "Wheather Forecast? Chili with a chance cold weather."

get a life

I've missed you people. Seriously, I have. After studying the playoff situationals, I was preparing for a bye week and ready to face Seattle next week at the Ray Jay. Unfortunately, the officials at the NFL League saw fit to pencil TB (Tampa Bay) is as the #3 seeders. That's fine. In fact, I look forward to this meeting versus your "football" team.

NFL League Playoffs: The Tampa Bay Buccanneers (Super Bowl XXXIIIX World Champions, NFC Southern Champions, Winners of 11 games, etc.) vs. skins.

Where? Tampa Bay, Home of Raymond James Financial Group Stadium

When? This weekend.

Televised? The game will be televised locally. I'll have to check the national listings. I don't have cable.

Wheather Forecast? Chili with a chance cold weather.

Commentators? Yes

Overview

Well, it's evident to me, as it is to other diehard football fans, that the Redskins have benefitted from a soft, easy schedule in the last couple months to allow them this little breath of fresh air to breathe. Unfortunately for fans of the gold and white, the Bucs will be a vacuum cleaner and suck all the air from the lungs of the Skins.

On the other side, the Bucs are peaking in stride. Chris Simms appears headed for Canton after his performance this season. Gotta thank Phil for those jeans.

Gibbs vs. Gruden, mano e mano, head to head, face to face...a coaching dreamer's dream.

The word is that the Pewter Pirate fans will be issued battle flags. Oh...this should turn out to be a good one...if you're into shalackings.

When the Pewter Pirates have the ball

After viewing the gamefilm, researching, analyzating the X's and Y's, and jotting down numerous notes on mismatches, I see a glaring strength on the Pewter Pirate offense...and that is Mr. Joseph Galloway. The man is a rich man's Santana Moss, but faster and with better hands. It also helps to have a rocksteady QB in QB Chris Simms. The word is that Joe and Chris are best friends, so look for them to look for each other out there on the gridiron. Matt Bowen will definitely have his hands full for sure.

The (red)Skins' defense has many holes starting with the defensive coordinator. Sure, they've gotten after a couple porous, yet horrible offenses, but they haven't faced the juggernaut that is Jon Gruden and his undenyably geniousical offense.

When the (red)Skins play defense...

LaVar Arrington will need to be on his best game. He'll be matched up against Anthony Becht and/or Alex Smith with Alstott and Cadillac coming out of the backfield. This is when the inopportuned Skins find out what happens when you neglect the FA (Free Agency) period during the offseason. Arrington needed some help at linebacker. Michael Barrow, Dexter Coakley, etc. were all available for pickup, however the "genius" Gregg Williams decided it was better to field the JV squad instead. Look at where that has gotten them...in the playoffs without a home game.

Shawn Springs and the other CB look to shutdown Michael Clayton and Ike Hilliard. Unfortunately for the skins, Chris Simms is playing lights out and has the security blanket of Michael Pittman at his disposal.

Speaking of Pittman (MVP), I look for him to have at least 20-30 touches with Cadillac coming in for mop-up duty in the early 3rd quarter. The Redskins defense just doesn't have the squad or the resources to defend Gruden's offense.

Summarization

The Pewter Pirates will be tempted to look ahead to the game in Detroit, but Gruden will have these guys ready to face an opponent of any caliber, even the Skins.

Predictions

Simms: 23-24, 317 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INTS, 0 picks

Pittman: 12 rushes for 87 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT

Cadillac: 13 rushes for 93 yards, 2 TD's

Galloway: 11 rec. for 119 yards, 3 TD's

Brunell: 2-18, 83 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 picks

Portes: 17 rushes for 52 yards, 1 TD

WR: 7 rec. for 42 yards, 1 TD

Final Score: Buccanneers 24, Redskins 10

Thoughts?

Nice work Pittman4Two! You're ability to impart a Trompe l'Oeil with words has no equal. How's that Subaru holding up for you? That AWD is certainly a godsend when old man winter makes his way south eh?

Just as a footnote, I am a bit flabbergasted at some of the replies, there are more then a few of you out there with whom I expected better :rolleyes:

ggolf, the STi is doing great. Boy does it love this cold weather. Yes the AWD is the bread and butter of this vehicle...I imagine it'd be a wild ride in the snow up there. I shutter to think about all that salt all over it though...

Sweet Ride. I had a 2002 Legacy GT Limited and I always thought if that car had more Ponies it would have been perfect. Unfortunately, it was the 2.5L normally aspirated Boxer and it basically couldn't get out of it's own way...I traded it for a 3.0L Saab 95T. I will say however, that I test drove the STi last winter in the snow and was amazed at how sure footed it was even through hard acceleration (a true mid-life crisis toy). If you get the chance, you should bring your STi North to truly run it through it's paces. Hey, wait a second, isn't this a Football Forum??? ;)

HTTR!!!! :cheers:

I think he's mentally challenged. Oops can I say that on this nazi board? :D

mentally challenged isn't where you went wrong. if i had to bet, i'd say comparing the mods to nazis has a better chance of getting you a break. there is a certain level of class that's expected here that's not at the espn boards buddy. :D

mentally challenged isn't where you went wrong. if i had to bet, i'd say comparing the mods to nazis has a better chance of getting you a break. there is a certain level of class that's expected here that's not at the espn boards buddy. :D

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a call out post to me.

Archived