Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Friday Breakdown: Playoff Edition - Bucs vs. the (Red)Skins

Pittman4Two

I've missed you people. Seriously, I have. After studying the playoff situationals, I was preparing for a bye week and ready to face Seattle next week at the Ray Jay. Unfortunately, the officials at the NFL League saw fit to pencil TB (Tampa Bay) is as the #3 seeders. That's fine. In fact, I look forward to this meeting versus your "football" team.

NFL League Playoffs: The Tampa Bay Buccanneers (Super Bowl XXXIIIX World Champions, NFC Southern Champions, Winners of 11 games, etc.) vs. skins.

Where? Tampa Bay, Home of Raymond James Financial Group Stadium

When? This weekend.

Televised? The game will be televised locally. I'll have to check the national listings. I don't have cable.

Wheather Forecast? Chili with a chance cold weather.

Commentators? Yes

Overview

Well, it's evident to me, as it is to other diehard football fans, that the Redskins have benefitted from a soft, easy schedule in the last couple months to allow them this little breath of fresh air to breathe. Unfortunately for fans of the gold and white, the Bucs will be a vacuum cleaner and suck all the air from the lungs of the Skins.

On the other side, the Bucs are peaking in stride. Chris Simms appears headed for Canton after his performance this season. Gotta thank Phil for those jeans.

Gibbs vs. Gruden, mano e mano, head to head, face to face...a coaching dreamer's dream.

The word is that the Pewter Pirate fans will be issued battle flags. Oh...this should turn out to be a good one...if you're into shalackings.

When the Pewter Pirates have the ball

After viewing the gamefilm, researching, analyzating the X's and Y's, and jotting down numerous notes on mismatches, I see a glaring strength on the Pewter Pirate offense...and that is Mr. Joseph Galloway. The man is a rich man's Santana Moss, but faster and with better hands. It also helps to have a rocksteady QB in QB Chris Simms. The word is that Joe and Chris are best friends, so look for them to look for each other out there on the gridiron. Matt Bowen will definitely have his hands full for sure.

The (red)Skins' defense has many holes starting with the defensive coordinator. Sure, they've gotten after a couple porous, yet horrible offenses, but they haven't faced the juggernaut that is Jon Gruden and his undenyably geniousical offense.

When the (red)Skins play defense...

LaVar Arrington will need to be on his best game. He'll be matched up against Anthony Becht and/or Alex Smith with Alstott and Cadillac coming out of the backfield. This is when the inopportuned Skins find out what happens when you neglect the FA (Free Agency) period during the offseason. Arrington needed some help at linebacker. Michael Barrow, Dexter Coakley, etc. were all available for pickup, however the "genius" Gregg Williams decided it was better to field the JV squad instead. Look at where that has gotten them...in the playoffs without a home game.

Shawn Springs and the other CB look to shutdown Michael Clayton and Ike Hilliard. Unfortunately for the skins, Chris Simms is playing lights out and has the security blanket of Michael Pittman at his disposal.

Speaking of Pittman (MVP), I look for him to have at least 20-30 touches with Cadillac coming in for mop-up duty in the early 3rd quarter. The Redskins defense just doesn't have the squad or the resources to defend Gruden's offense.

Summarization

The Pewter Pirates will be tempted to look ahead to the game in Detroit, but Gruden will have these guys ready to face an opponent of any caliber, even the Skins.

Predictions

Simms: 23-24, 317 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INTS, 0 picks

Pittman: 12 rushes for 87 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT

Cadillac: 13 rushes for 93 yards, 2 TD's

Galloway: 11 rec. for 119 yards, 3 TD's

Brunell: 2-18, 83 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 picks

Portes: 17 rushes for 52 yards, 1 TD

WR: 7 rec. for 42 yards, 1 TD

Final Score: Buccanneers 24, Redskins 10

Thoughts?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You my friend... are dizzy and in need of some 1st grade math skills.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And the Redskins "soft schedule" happened to be the 4th hardest schedule given out this year.

Next years schedule for us isn't looking easy either... aside from our 6 division games (which were NOT soft teams in 2005 aside from the Eagles) we get Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, St Louis, Minnesota, Houston... FAR FROM SOFT.

:rotflmao:

That's similar to us calling the Skins the Naughty Natives or something stupid like that. :laugh:

Nonononono! Please! Stop! You guys are killing me! The Pewter Pirates?! The Naughty Natives!? :cry: That is me laughing so hard I'm crying...and maybe throwing up just a little. :applause:

Oh look, another psychologist.

At least spell "assessment" correctly for me to give you any credability.

No, I haven't seen the "Ringer" yet, because I've been researching your football team. I'm glad your team doesn't take this game as lightly as you do, otherwise they'd be at home watching the game in their own home.

Glad you're back, now let's see..

Wheather Forecast? Chili with a chance cold weather.

Well, it's evident to me, as it is to other diehard football fans, that the Redskins have benefitted from a soft, easy schedule in the last couple months to allow them this little breath of fresh air to breathe. Unfortunately for fans of the gold and white, the Bucs will be a vacuum cleaner and suck all the air from the lungs of the Skins.

And best part:

Brunell: 2-18, 83 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 picks

Brunell with 1 int and 2 picks? :laugh:

Ax, is this the "football genius" you've been interviewing? :)

He had to at least be part of the inspiration. Although that's a pretty harsh criticism of "football genius" to compare him to Pittman4Two.

P4T is so far off on his analysis...it just has to be parody. I mean....you can't make this prediction and be serious. I choose to take it as parody, because otherwise I will lose serious faith in humankind...

Oh, and my favorite:

Commentators: Yes

:laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh:

Patsy schedule?

"The Bucs played seven games, nearly half their season, against teams that lost 12 or more games -- the worst patsies in the NFL. Yet they only outscored the league for the year by 26 points. For an 11-5 team, that's lame. The Bucs lost to the horrid 49ers and Jets, barely beat the lowly Packers by a point and the even worse Lions by four. Three weeks ago, New England undressed them, 28-0. Meantime, the Redskins played 10 games against teams with nine wins or more and outscored the league by a respectable 66 points. They also beat three division champions: Seattle (13-3), Chicago (12-4) and the Giants (11-5)."

Try again.

Archived