Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hardest hitter in Redskins history?

Spaceman Spiff

I've seen them all (Huff not included) since the early 70s. I'd say LaVar is the hardest hitter with ST in 2nd. However, ST makes more solid, crucial hits per game than anyone I've seen in the NFL, period.

He is the biggest defensive game changer around right now, IMHO.

All I know is, I have a friend who is a Giants fan. And for as long as I can remember, all he talks about is Alvin Walton. There is an NFL Films spot where Alvin came over the middle and absolutely destroyed the WR (I think it was a 49er). After he hit him, Alvin, who never went to the ground, stood over the guy and adjusted his glove like a surgeon. All in one motion. It one of the greatest hits I've ever seen.

Oh man I love that clip! I haven't seen it in forever but I know exactly what you're talking about. He punished whoever that receiver was, totally flat backed him, it was awesome.

I say Alvin Walton, and Lavar. Remember LA ended a bamas career. Alvin would do some serious damage. Sean Taylor has a little ways to go. At least he needs to wrap up and bring the ball carrier down. He wants to hit so hard that he misses tackles. Not dogging him, but let's give him a little time.

Walton was the hardest hitter of all time. Taylor, a close second, is on his way though. If he can get himself a few QB sacks in a SuperBowl one day soon maybe I'll change my mind and flip-flop the two of them. :laugh: :applause:

Wasn't Walton out of nowhere too? Like a 3rd or 4th round pick or something?

Yeah, top 4:

1: Alvin Walton

2: Sean Taylor

3: Wilbur Marshall

4: Lavar Arrington

:bucsuck: :point2sky

I've gotta give Brad Edwards and Alvin Walton their due, but Sean Taylor hits hard almost everytime he tackles. It's kind of ridiculous. Lavar used to be like that. Every tackle was a kill shot. But Sean wants people to hurt everytime he tackles them.

Archived