Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hardest hitter in Redskins history?

Spaceman Spiff

A couple of my friends (non Skins fans) have watched several games with me this year and all they say to me is "I've never seen a guy almost kill someone everytime he makes a tackle." They all wish they had a guy like Taylor on their respective teams.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, every time Sean hits he is trying to murder someone. I think is he keeps up at this pace he will go into early retirement and or go down as the hardest hitter in the history of the NFL.

One of the reasons I am saying this is because If you watch the "big hits" highlight reels, It seems as if he made the reel at least once every week.

I can clearly remember the hardest hit I've ever seen delivered by a Redskin player. Oddly enough it was by an offensive lineman...

Jim Lachey tapped a dude on the sidelines after a fumble recovery and laid all 295 lbs into the upper torso with such force, Damnn.

Does anybody else remember that hit?

I can clearly remember the hardest hit I've ever seen delivered by a Redskin player. Oddly enough it was by an offensive lineman...

Jim Lachey tapped a dude on the sidelines after a fumble recovery and laid all 295 lbs into the upper torso with such force, Damnn.

I remember it, it was on a Raiders LBer after a pick and then the guy fumbled.

Sean Taylor, LaVar? Wilbur Marshall? Dexter Manley? I heard Alvin Walton could lay the smack down but I'm too young to remember.

Who is the hardest hitter that ever played for the Skins?

You remember Manley & Marshall, but you are "too young" to remember Alvin Walton? :twitch:

I would have to agree Walton. Man, that guy brought the hammer, the nails, the kitchen sink. He hit you aiming for your soul. Taylor reminds me ALOT of the way Walton hit. Recklessly. Hard. Fully committed to knockin' you out. I have not seen a harder hitter before or since Alvin Walton.

Prior to Walton, I would definately say Manley. Beyond that, I wouldn't know.

:bucsuck:

I remember it, it was on a Raiders LBer after a pick and then the guy fumbled.

I sure wish we could get a clip of that hit.

Anyway Sean Taylor is a real throwback type of player. He reminds me of Kenny Easley.

Ken Houston without a doubt. In 1973 he slammed Skoal man Walt Garrison at the one yard line to preserve a victory over the Cowpokes.

Yeah, but that's not really classified as a hit, I wouldn't think. Allbeit, one of the best TACKLES I've ever seen, but we're talking about HITS. (Well, technically. we're talking about HITTERS, but I wanted to clarify.)

:D :bucsuck:

Ravin Caldwell, Alvin Waton, Darryl Pounds (whatever happen to him anyway)

Raven Caldwell, Special teams tackle on a kickoff WITH NO FRIGGIN' HELMET!!!

Alvin Walton, was specifically assigned to tackle JOE MORRIS of the NY Giants. Not too much speed, but knew where to be and when to be there to Slobber-knock you...

Darryl Pounds, well can't tell you where he is now, but I did hang out with him for Apple Blossom here in Winchester, VA. His cell phone died and he used mine to call his wife/girlfriend... and she kept calling back, and calling back... don't know if they are still together... good guy... better weekend. :cheers:

Earlier in the season, NFL.com did an interview with several offensive players in an attempt to find out who the hardest hitters in the modern NFL are. The top three on their list were Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher (sp?), and Lavar Arrington. Others included Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins. I think Lavar definitely had some of the hardest hits when he was healthy and peaking (ending Troy Aikman's career was a notable hit) but I think Sean Taylor is quickling gaining a reputation as the teams hardest hitter...and for good reason.

This has been on the board at one time or another, but in case you missed it here are three of ST's hardest hits of the year....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2924804282451252849&q=redskins

:cheers:

The hardest hit I have ever seen was the night Monk got his record. They were playing Denver and Danny Copeland knock one of the Broncos parallel to the ground. It was to this day, the most viscious hits I have ever seen. I was at the game, but taped it. I watched it over and over. Not to say Danny was the hardest hitter in the history of the teams. This one hit is up their with all of them though!

i believe the broncos name was 'lang'. copeland knocked the guy off his feet and he landed on his shoulder pads, knocking him literally head over heels. i think it a block was on a kickoff that ended up sailing out if bounds.

amazing how we remember a great hit like that years later. great call.

not sure if i remember the hit, but i did meet lachey at duncans bar in frostburg. he is one large man. unbelievably nice too. talked to me for a few, but all i could mutter was a few star struck mumbles.

Anyone remember Brad Edwards? He laid out a few unsuspecting victims. He was one of my favorites...

a few guys mentioned him. madden said he was 'playing like a safety possessed' in the super bowl. i still think he single handedly pummeled the bills WR's into submission. had a nice 3 INT game the following year, i think. and it was mentioned that he- unfortunately- ended sterling sharps career on a block.

Archived