Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hardest hitter in Redskins history?

Spaceman Spiff

I remember Walton, Marshall, Manley and Murphy being hard hitters.

And Arrington is up there too, along with Bowen.

But I've never seen anybody flying into people at full speed consistently knocking players on their skull like Sean Taylor has been lately. He might not be the best all around but when he hits a ball carrier he lays them out like A****er, Lott, and Houston, on their best day.

This list should include Walton's hit against Denver in SBXXII. That was a turning point in the game as it helped prevent Denver from taking a larger early lead.

We all know what happened next.

(By the way ... has Tony Lilly made it to that corner yet?) :laugh:

Very impressive, you now your stuff! Especially in a game of that magnatude it does deserve to be in "the list" (regretably I don't recall it though, tell me more). And yes, tell me about the Tony Lilly hit (Denver's free safety?)

This has been a fun one to read through...

I have to agree with Kenny Houston for Defense, he'd hit them and the ball and players helmet would go flying! Houston tried to "KILL" someone...

Offensively I'd say Otis Wonsley, he was a FB and special teamer... Everyone has to remember the lead block he through for Riggins in SB XVII and that 43 yard TD... Wonsley tried to "Knock Out" people when he threw a block...

The hardest hit I have ever seen was the night Monk got his record. They were playing Denver and Danny Copeland knock one of the Broncos parallel to the ground. It was to this day, the most viscious hits I have ever seen. I was at the game, but taped it. I watched it over and over. Not to say Danny was the hardest hitter in the history of the teams. This one hit is up their with all of them though!

Although I feel Taylor, Arrington and Walton were harder hitters, one player I haven't seen mentioned yet was Ken Harvey. The rest of the team he was on weren't any good, so he's easy to forget, but he could lay some devastating hits on opposing players.

I never saw Hanburger or Huff play so I can't comment on them.

The hardest hit I have ever seen was the night Monk got his record. They were playing Denver and Danny Copeland knock one of the Broncos parallel to the ground. It was to this day, the most viscious hits I have ever seen. I was at the game, but taped it. I watched it over and over. Not to say Danny was the hardest hitter in the history of the teams. This one hit is up their with all of them though!

I would go with Sean Taylor, but your right I haven't seen that play since I originally saw it and remember it to this day. Danny Copeland laid the biggest single hit in Redskins history:P

Actually, I think Taylor's tackling technique is better than most. If you watch him, he does wrap up more often that not, IMO.

Hey Dan T.

He's getting there, from where we sit in the stadium we see him always trying to kill a person with his shoulder, but will miss. Not saying that he doesn't punish folks, but he just ain't there as an all timer yet!!! Give him time, it's just his second year.

Archived