Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will JG call Norv? Would you?

FuriousD

Norv will get an offensive coordinator job with one of the new coaching staffs. He would have full authority to run the offense. If he came here he would just be another assistant waiting to become the full time offensive coordinator. The same is true of Martz, however, Martz still might get a head coaching job.

Personally, if the skins go after anyone they should go after another young and up and coming guy. Bill M brought some fresh ideas and another young guy to groom could bring in some more fresh ideas. Buges and Co. will probably leave when Gibbs leaves.

Additionally, I agree with other posters that the skins should not bring back Norv and I doubt Norv would come anyway.

I don't think Norv is even that brilliant an O coordinator. Were our O's unstoppable or able to get points when really needed? Was the Miami offense a juggernaught? Did the Raiders with two very good receivers and a decent running back light anyone up? Norv teases. He does just enough to think he might be getting somewhere and then he falls apart. Honestly, where has Norv been a genius besides Dallas? The media gave him a free pass saying that after seven years he wasn't fairly judged in Redskins despite having a losing record in general and every single divisional opponent including the Cardinals! To top that off, he goes to Miami, well their record stank, then goes to Oakland and guess what! No, to Norv.

No way to Norv, but Martz is an interesting thought. Bringing in a guy who has developed one of the most creative passing attacks the NFL has ever seen, as say "Passing Game Coordinator" makes me a little light-headed. Just don't let him call the plays!

Martz and Gibbs have a long history together, both working under the ultimate innovator, Don Coryell. Martz also worked for Gibbs in DC briefly, so they know each other very well. If Martz doesn't take another high profile job, I would not be at all surprised to see him in DC next year devising a manic passing attack to go with the Skins potent rushing game. It could be an offensive juggernaut.

But, as I stated earlier, under no circumstances let him call the plays, just design them and suggest them.

I don't think Norv is even that brilliant an O coordinator. Were our O's unstoppable or able to get points when really needed? Was the Miami offense a juggernaught? Did the Raiders with two very good receivers and a decent running back light anyone up? Norv teases. He does just enough to think he might be getting somewhere and then he falls apart. Honestly, where has Norv been a genius besides Dallas? The media gave him a free pass saying that after seven years he wasn't fairly judged in Redskins despite having a losing record in general and every single divisional opponent including the Cardinals! To top that off, he goes to Miami, well their record stank, then goes to Oakland and guess what! No, to Norv.

Add me to the list of thinking this guy sn't even a great OC.

He constantly messes up the play calling in close games and gives up on the run far to easy if his team is trailing in the 2nd half. I recall a game when he was Dolphins OC vs the Texans, they lost in Week 1, Ricky Willimas had been running free all day, but down by 7 for all of the 4th quarter, the Phins had about 4 possessions and never ran once! All Norv called was 15 yard outs which the Texans picked off twice.

Look how underused LaMont Jordon is? His rep as an OC comes from his time in Dallas, but Dallas' O actually got better in many ways when Turner moved on - it certainly didn't get any worse for a good while.

I wouldn't let this guy within 1000 miles of Redskins PArk if I had any say. Even if Gibbs wanted him, do you think Norv would work for Snyder again?

OH HE11 NO it took us this long to get over the Turner curse. LOOK as an OC HE SUCKS last week he had 4 shots at the endzone from the one yard line and the offensive guru could not punch it in. HE IS A LOSER!!!!! Jimmie Johnson, Aikman, and Smith, made him look good.

Gibbs MO thru the years has always been to surround himself with the best available coaching talant. The results speak for themselves.

This time it's Greg Williams, Blache, Lindsey, Buges etc.

Last time around it was Hannifan, Dowhower, Henning, Pettibon and Buges.

If the talent is out there, Gibbs wants it on HIS side.

Well, Norv is out there. His talent as an offensive coordinator is unquestioned. He is one of the very best and if I'm not mistaken, his system would dovetail nicely with Gibbs as they have both sprung from the tree of Zampeze.

There's no need to argue his merits as a head coach, he sucks! I'm kinda doubting that at this point someone would be willing to give him another HC job. Would you? I could be wrong.

Would you welcome Norv back into the fold in some offensive capacity?

I would!

:helmet: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

:helmet:

No offense, but have you lost your mind? :doh:

Norv is such a loser. He was a curse on this franchise. :mad:

No, don't need Norv we brought in the guy from Jacksonville (Darn it, can't remember his name :mad: ) and he brought the shotgun and some tweaks to the pass game and it's worked (also the players have bought into what Gibbs and his Redskins style is all about).....so we don't need Norv.

There are other teams that could use him (Baltimore would thrive with Norv as a OC there....depending on if he could get Boller to play decently), but we aren't one of them.

Don't worry, Norv despite being a lousy HC will easily get a job as a OC and help some team improve. He is an excellent OC.

I don't see any reason why we would need any body to come in at this point as for as coaches are concerned, much less Norv. You want to talk about adding something, lets deal with adding a good #2 wideout to compliment Moss. Lets get a consistant pass rusher in to go with Daniels and Griffin. These are the things we need to be discussing. We don't need Norv, it doesn't make any sense.

Two words sum up Norv's incredible success in Dallas - Jimmy and Johnson. He was the real brains behind that success story down there when they had Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin and all of that great talent on offense, across the board. Norv has always been overrated, IMHO.

That being said, his reputation (not his post-Dallas performance) as a coordinator will secure him an OC job with one of the new coaching staffs, but I don't see him EVER becoming a head coach again. My guess is that if he wants to be a head coach, he'll have to do it in the college ranks.

And no, I don't want him back in DC.

Gibbs MO thru the years has always been to surround himself with the best available coaching talant. The results speak for themselves.

Well, Norv is out there. His talent as an offensive coordinator is unquestioned. He is one of the very best and if I'm not mistaken, his system would dovetail nicely with Gibbs as they have both sprung from the tree of Zampeze.

There's no need to argue his merits as a head coach, he sucks! I'm kinda doubting that at this point someone would be willing to give him another HC job. Would you? I could be wrong.

I would!

:helmet: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

I don't think it would work. I like what we have now going on.

I have nothing against Norv, but he won't come back.

But what's more to the purpose is whether we actually need more coaching talent. As Christblvr noted:

I don't see any reason why we would need any body to come in at this point as for as coaches are concerned, much less Norv. You want to talk about adding something, lets deal with adding a good #2 wideout to compliment Moss. Lets get a consistant pass rusher in to go with Daniels and Griffin. These are the things we need to be discussing. We don't need Norv, it doesn't make any sense.

I would!

No Norv gets to much credit for the job he did in Dallas he sucked everywhere else he has been San diego he sucked Miami he sucked. How do you call 3 passes in a row under 3 minutes left in the game with ricky williams in the backfield?

When Gibbs steps down GW will be HC and Bill Musgrave will be promoted to OC.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

If there is one guy i woul dlike to see take over as offensive coordinater after Gibbs leaves but only if he can keep up the same offense for 3 years is Lane Kiffen of USC

I would!

JG wouldn't invite Norv back, the Dan wouldn't let JG invite Norv even if he wanted to, and Norv wouldn't come even if invited based on his feelings when he was asked to leave before. Thus, end of story. Next thread, please.

Negative. I like the job that Musgrave has done along with the rest of the offensive staff. There are still progressing...
Why do alot of people seem to think that B.Musgrave is our OC? If he is, then what is Don Breaux? I thought that Musgrave was the Quarter Backs Coach and Offensive Assistant? BTW, I really like the Martz idea.

Archived