Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will JG call Norv? Would you?

FuriousD

Gibbs MO thru the years has always been to surround himself with the best available coaching talant. The results speak for themselves.

This time it's Greg Williams, Blache, Lindsey, Buges etc.

Last time around it was Hannifan, Dowhower, Henning, Pettibon and Buges.

If the talent is out there, Gibbs wants it on HIS side.

Well, Norv is out there. His talent as an offensive coordinator is unquestioned. He is one of the very best and if I'm not mistaken, his system would dovetail nicely with Gibbs as they have both sprung from the tree of Zampeze.

There's no need to argue his merits as a head coach, he sucks! I'm kinda doubting that at this point someone would be willing to give him another HC job. Would you? I could be wrong.

Would you welcome Norv back into the fold in some offensive capacity?

I would!

:helmet: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

:helmet:

If, and that's a big if, JG was to look for another progressive thinker for the Offense I see him going after Mike Martz. That's the guy we want to work with Joe and the boys in scheming the best Offense in the NFL.

Norval can go take a long walk on a short pier for all I care but he will never be associated with this Organization again...bank on it!!!

No, he will be a head coach next year, probably in Dallas. I see Parcells leaving Dallas to retire or coach the Lions.:2cents: Plus he is a great offense mind and would love to have him if we had another coach other than the General!!

by the way.....:bucsuck:

Norv wouldn't come back here if his life depended on it. Snyder humiliated him numerous times. Gibbs has the right people in place on offense; he just doesn't have the horses to execute it like some of his teams of old. The FO is working on getting him the talent he desires. No way they want Norv Turner around here.

Gibbs, I believe, would never ask. But, let's say for argument sake that he did, do you really think Norv would agree to come back here. Snyder, the man who pulled the rug out from under him before the season was even done, is still here. There is no way I see Norv and Snyder EVER being associated with eachother again. :2cents:

Negative to the Mike Martz suggestion as well. Martz is a pass first guy. The Redskins are a run first team. See the issue?

Gotta disagree with you on this Dawg. What you need on the Offense is balance and balance is attained by being able to do both. The passing game opens up the run and the running game opens up your possiblilties downfield. In his prime Faulk was a premier runner in Martz's scheme.

Here's what I'm saying...Martz can be used for his ability to draft passing plays that can be inserted by the right person at the right time i.e. Gibbs, or when Gibbs retires, Williams. I would not give full reign to Martz but I would use him for his strengths and the man is an Offensive genius. :cheers:

I like Norv and I'm hoping one day that he'll be a winning head coach. You can't help but rout for the guy. As far as Gibbs acquiring Norv's services, it's not such a bad idea as far as added coaching, game planning, and stragedy goes. But it would look bad for Turner to come back to where he was unjustly terminated and attain a lesser role. Plus I don't think he wants anything to do with Dan Snyder again. It's like being friends with someone who once took you to court or something. It would be unwise for Norv to return to the organization.

I do not want Norval Redenbacher on the Sideline ever again. The guy cannot coach, he flat out cannot coach. And his offensive coordinator genius? If you had Dallas' offensive line, emmitt smith, troy and irvin, you'd be an offensive genius too.

Don't forget Novacek and Johnston...he had all the tools plus he had someone to veto any boneheaded playcalling that might ooze out of norval's cranium...

I do not want Norval Redenbacher on the Sideline ever again. The guy cannot coach, he flat out cannot coach. And his offensive coordinator genius? If you had Dallas' offensive line, emmitt smith, troy and irvin, you'd be an offensive genius too.

EXACTLY!

Archived