Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will JG call Norv? Would you?

FuriousD

Its not a matter of if we contact Norval, its the fact that Turner would never come here to coach after the way he was dismissed the first time around. I think he would be an idiot to do it. Just like I think Gibbs would be an idiot to call Norval and ask him to run the offense here.

Norv is a good offensive coordinator despite what people say and we could use some help in that department. However, there is too much water under the bridge between the Redskins organization and Turner I think. I don't think Gibbs offensive style syncs up with Turner's either. Although, I would hope that Gibbs would take a few plays out of Turners book.

As WallyG3 mentioned in another thread. We just officially ended Norvitus with the entrance to the Playoffs. Why, then, would we regress to a state or constant norvousness?

I'd rather not take 10 steps backwards.

Finally, I should note that I hate Norv Turner.

No way to Norv, but Martz is an interesting thought. Bringing in a guy who has developed one of the most creative passing attacks the NFL has ever seen, as say "Passing Game Coordinator" makes me a little light-headed. Just don't let him call the plays!

Martz and Gibbs have a long history together, both working under the ultimate innovator, Don Coryell. Martz also worked for Gibbs in DC briefly, so they know each other very well. If Martz doesn't take another high profile job, I would not be at all surprised to see him in DC next year devising a manic passing attack to go with the Skins potent rushing game. It could be an offensive juggernaut.

But, as I stated earlier, under no circumstances let him call the plays, just design them and suggest them.

In a nutshell, this is exactly what I was alluding to in my earlier post...makes me all fuzzy inside when I think about the possibilities :cheers:

No way.

Norv is a good guy with a great football mind, but he is not a leader of men. As such, he only makes for a mediocre head coach.

He's a good OC, BUT

After the way Snyder canned him with three games left to go, you really think he'd want to come back?

Not to mention the fact that he got fired because the guy was a loser for us.

Someone will pick him up but there's no way he'll ever work here again.

Norval Redenbacher is a LOSER...a pure, unabated loser. He was given so-called genius status by the medicrats for his offensive work in Dallas. We've already established that a trained monkey could have run that Dallas offense. Secondly, he never ever deserves to be a head coach in this league again. Hell, I don't even think he deserves to be an offensive coordinator. As has been mentioned, did anyone catch his brilliant play-calling at the 1 yrd line against the Giants? Do you think he realized, as he was calling in the QB sneak to Collins that he was sealing his own fate, and in effect firing himself? It just amazes me that guys like Norv get recycled. Jim Hasslet for instance, does not deserve to be a head coach. Even taking away this season, his teams had a ton of talent that was never developed. But, watch the Lions hire him.

Just looking at Norval makes me foam at the mouth in anger...the man was responsible for 7 long years of horriffic football--he's what turned me into a negative fan. I'm just beginning to come out of my shell with Gibbs, getting back to the point where I expect our team to demolish the opposition. I vote that we do not mention Norval again--he sucks, he's a former cowboy scum and he's not worth mentioning. As has been written before, Jimmy J was the only genius there--his assistants, Wanstadt and Norval have been god-awful failures as head coaches. Class is over.

Archived