Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wise - After a Shove, a Fall From Grace (Lavar Shouting Match w/Coach after Sat game)

JimmiJo

I hear you Redskins nation.But this kind of behavior is something the TEAM doesnt need right now.I mean this is the biggest game coming up ,the biggest moment for everyone or anything that has to do with The Washington Redskins and he pulls this soap opera bs.All this does is reveal to the fans what kind of a professional LA is and it also shows us why the coaches are doing what their doing.Sorry LA but to me your playing a game that will bite you in the ass and have you sidelined for a playoff game youve been dying to play in.You dug your own grave.

Anyone who thinks it's just Lavar's fault or just the Redskins Organization in this whole fiasco is a plain IDIOT! Yes, I said and if that if you think only one is at fault you are one. Use the term and apply it as needed because it takes TWO to tango. Sheeeshh! :rolleyes:

Which party is the one inviting reporters into his home two days after the biggest game of the year, only days before attempting to clinch a playoff berth and maybe even the division?

Which party is the one hanging the phone up on his position coach because he can't take the criticism?

Which party is the one who has been the drama queen on multiple occasions this year?

I'm tired of this bipolar waste of oxygen only being happy as the face of a losing team.

Die hard 'Skins fan and I love Lavar. I think he's got plenty of guilt in all the problems stirred as does the organization and the coaches. My think earlier this year was that Lavar would wear another uniform next year and down deep I hope he blows up and make the Redskins regret ever letting him go. The way the organization is treating him (even other players notice the unfair treatment), I think Lavar might end up haunting us twice a year if Danny boy and his front office, coaches and staff don't get it together. When I think about it...what come around goes around...becareful Danniel you better swallow that pride before our QB ends up like Aikman. :doh:

Well hopefully Lavar ends up with the Cards or Saints then you can relive your glory days on team Lavar and he'll probably make a couple more pro-bowls on 5-11 teams.

I stand behind Lavar. I don't agree with the way he's handling things but I think the guy is starting to mature and can play in a system defense. I think they should give him a chance to play and he should be willing to restructure his contract again to prove he wants to stay and is willing to do what it takes. Both sides need to come to terms. Lavar can be one heck of a player. :2cents:

I'm old fashioned but "There is no 'I' in team". Run his a$$ out of here as soon as possible. If he'd have learned his assignments and executed them instead of trying to display his creative abilities on the field, he'd be starting and playing every down on defense. Even Trotter said that Arrington had to become more of a professional and spend more time studying film. This guy Rice should be fired for writing crap like this the week before what is arguably the biggest game of the year. Is he on Lavar's payroll?

I have hung onto hopes of Lavar thinking he still has a future here and will have an impact. I am now officially no longer backing this guy. For the first time in his career he has a chance to play in the postseason and he has to create all of this attention for himself. The team doesn't need this crap from one guy and frankly the defense has been amazing without him. All I can figure out is people are starting to cheer for the team and not as much of cheering for Lavar and it kills him. We don't need an attention whore on this team. That is a chemistry killer. This is starting to shape up like a milder version of the TO fiasco. Goodbye Lavar. Don't let the door hit your self absorbed ass on the way out.

You see what this type of behavior is good for=Division.Us fans are starting to argue with one another days before the biggest game in what seems to be 100 years.His actions do no good for anyone or anything.Were taking our eyes off the prize.

Yup.

Which party is the one inviting reporters into his home two days after the biggest game of the year, only days before attempting to clinch a playoff berth and maybe even the division?

Which party is the one hanging the phone up on his position coach because he can't take the criticism?

Which party is the one who has been the drama queen on multiple occasions this year?

I'm tired of this bipolar waste of oxygen only being happy as the face of a losing team.

I can clearly see what side you stand on, just remember that several players have made comments throughtout the year that they do not understand why Lavar is being treated the way he is being treated by the staff.

Just remember where you are getting your facts and what's that source. You are being told what they want you to know. Any line can be spun to be made to sound any way they want. That is why emails are more dangerous and misunderstood most often because you can't read the tone. Don't under estimate the power of the media. Players get asked for interviews everyday, that is how the end up in the paper on NFL network, ESPN and so forth. Sometimes they make stupid comments when a reporter is in front of them and that gets put in the paper or on TV. It has nothing to do with timing, you get asked a question, you answer. Reporters have a job to make a story that people will want to read. Same could be said about the coach, could he have waited until the film session with the LB'ers? Did he have to go down right after a BIG win and jump all over a player? Flip the coin and look at the other side too is all I'm saying.

The truth in the whole matter is somewhere in the middle with BOTH Lavar and the Organization having fault in all the distractions.

Look... LaVar makes an impact on the field (let me qualify that by saying a "positive impact") and any team would love to have him. There's just been this chain of unfortunate events that have spoiled his relationship with his coaches and with The Danny. Like any important relationship, though, they need some time to get the hell away from each other, re-assess, come back in, and talk it out. If it ends up that LaVar leaves the team, then I'm going to look silly at the field in my 56 jersey, but I have faith that they know the talent he possesses and that the team will figure out a way to bring him back into the fold, and he'll figure out a way to live in a Redskins era where TEAM is more important than how many mercenaries we can bring in.

What happens if Greg Williams takes another coaching job? Does our defense still maintain? Or do we go back to needing Lavar to be a playmaker? I say keep him around.

wow, i was thinking the exact same thing. Without GW being able to plug random people into the system, we are going to start to need those playmakers.

now, after these most recent events, i am definatly turning away from LA. but, you just have to think that if GW does leave, how our next dcoordinator will fair with someone like holdman starting at the weak side LB position.

hopefully it will all work out for the best though

Why NOW? We really don't need this with a HUGE game coming up. As a Redskins fan, this game means everything to me. It's all about getting into the playoffs and having a chance to win the Super Bowl. It is NOT about Lavar.

What is wrong with him, anyway? Is he trying to hurt the team? If he didn't orchestrate these interviews, he at least cooperated with the writers, giving them the juicy controversy they crave.

If we should lose (Heaven forbid!) this weekend, he will find that he will have damaged his reputation throughout the League and engendered the hatred of most Redskins fans - the very people, including myself, who have supported him.

It's too late for him to take it back. From now on, he has to live with it.

funny...the story to me is what other players are missing assignments and are they receiving similar treatment from a coach protecting his Chitown has beens....all other players are faultless....uh huh.......LA has not covered himself with glory...but there is always TWO SIDES to every story.

let's see how things are starting to shape up for next year:

- lose GW

- lose LA and bring in that well known superstar Holdman who didn't appear to receive similar treatment for his sorry play early in the season

- no first round draft pick with the early select standing on the sidelines for another year of grooming

- cap hit from LA's departure

- LA to an NFC East team (seems to be the pattern for disgruntled Skins players in recent years)

...this has been well handled by all sides!

LA.....you're playin hard but the man pays the bills (as Snoop would say). Just STFU and get out of town to the Boys or some other NFC East to take your revenge downstream. now is not the time to be disruptive. Dale...thanks for being as FU'd as LA. Are there any *amn adults on this team?

Why NOW? We really don't need this with a HUGE game coming up. As a Redskins fan, this game means everything to me. It's all about getting into the playoffs and having a chance to win the Super Bowl. It is NOT about Lavar. What is wrong with him, anyway? Is he trying to hurt the team? If he didn't orchestrate these interviews, he at least cooperated with the writers, giving them the juicy controversy they crave. If we should lose (Heaven forbid!) this weekend, he will find that he will have damaged his reputation throughout the League and engendered the hatred of most Redskins fans - the very people, including myself, who have supported him. It's too late for him to take it back. From now on, he has to live with it.

Hey man, i tried to read it but at least split some of it up into paragraphs.

For eveyone who now sees the light, please understand that most of us who've been complaining about LA ARE TRUE SKINS FANS......Most of us take the position of being fans of the Skins not fans of the player. We are fans of the player only to the extent that the player HELPS the team. Once a player, or anyone for that matter (including ownership), hurts the team then we have a problem with that person. most of us ere getting upset with him b/c as true fans we could see that the path he was on was very bad for the team.

Anyone whose been on any type of championship caliber team knows that team chemistry is as importance as performance. And knows that dirty laundry stays in-house. A team can be good with performance alone but it cannot turn the corner w/o chemistry. So the main gripe against LA was that he is disruptive to team chemistry. His performance lately was not all that, but that can be forgiven, provided he shows leadership. Instead he ****es and moans to the public, trying to get the public to turn on the Skins and that AINT GONNA WORK WITH ME. I was a Skins fan long b4 Lavar and will be one long after.

He needs to take a lesson from one of our greatest leaders, Monte Coleman. He bled burgandy and gold. I've seen him actually cry when we lost games as he lived and died with the team. Yet he was not a starter. He could've left the Skins and started at outside linebacker for several teams, yet he NEVER complained to the public. He played special teams, filled in at LB when there was an injury and always fought his guts out.

LA could also take a lesson from Portis. CP could've complained more about our style of running but instead he shut his mouth, made it to all the off-season workouts, gained some weight and is part of the SOLUTION.

Lastly, how many times has it been now that Gibbs has had to meet w/ LA? For those that know Gibbs, how many players do you recall sticking around when Gibbs had to meet w/ them regularly? One might think of DM but remember 2 things: 1.) we couldn't win regularly w/o DM and 2.) DM usually got in trouble for some kind of off field antic (which i'm sure most players shook their heads and laughed at) as opposed to bad mouthing managment and complaining to the media about his employer.

Maybe I am a little biased, but throughout the whole thing I think Lavar was the one treated unfairly. He's been in football all his life and been yelled at numourous times I'm sure. As the article states, it got out of control in the locker room and I am sure the same happened on the phone. Afterwhile people get tired of listening if all you are doing is yelling and telling them how bad they are. I would have hung up the phone too.

nope. LA plays his cards right...teams will simply wait for him to be released. Coles set the pattern for how to engineer trades. it's one step from what he did to outright release. the burden is all on the Skins in this little game. they're gonna have to decide whether they want to keep him or get rid of him. to the degree that that decision becomes public, thier position is weakened. they may get a trade, but they will get less than he is worth cuz teams know Jun 1 is the last option if the Skns are adamant about not retaining LA. if this is unpalatable to the Skins - then they retain him for another season and we get to enjoy this little drama for another year unless someone demonstrates some leadership.

bottom line is that all sides have *crewed the pooch on this one.

Then we should be able to get a good pick or player for him.

Nope because unlike the Jets in handling the Abraham..we are stupid and show our hand. Everyone knows we don't want him, kind like Ramsey...everyone knows he's not our starter. Thus, we will not get what he would be valued at. At least the Jets say they want to keep Abraham...

Archived