Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wise - After a Shove, a Fall From Grace (Lavar Shouting Match w/Coach after Sat game)

JimmiJo

Since when did Lindsey become LaVars boss? With that rational Bill Lazor is LaVars boss too. Cummon. They are co-workers, working together on a TEAM. Joe Gibbs is his boss, Dan Snyder is his boss. Dale Lindsey isn't his boss. How many bosses make 12 million dollars less per year than their "subordinates."

Lindsey IS his boss. Just like Williams is Lindsey's boss. Just like Gibbs is Williams boss.

You understand how it works now? It's that chain-of-command thing.

"Marcus Washington AND Lemar Marshall have outperformed LaVar this year.

so what does this prove? if you're on the bench due to conflicts with vthe coaches or injured for a large part of the season is there some great mystery here?

Just stating the fact that LaVar is NOT the best LB on this team. My point is that, our defense doesn't NEED LaVar as much as some make it seem.

It's not like you see a big difference in how well our D plays when he is out. I saw more of a difference when Griffin was out and when Taylor was out. Why? Because they have become core players on this defense, LaVar is not. Whether he is in the game or not we aren't much better OR worse. He doesn't significantly help our run D or pass D or turnover ratio. He does seem to make a lot of tackles for a loss though, I will give him that. :2cents:

A player in a gameday dispute with his position coach........shocking!!!!! :silly:

Pick your favorite cliche:

a) Tempest in a teapot

B) It's not a party until somebody cries

Plenty of time to sort all this out later. For now, strap it up & play some ball....

Cheers,

CLBinMD

P.S. I don't know what assignments LA is supposed to have missed but thank God he stayed with the full-back in the flat on Eli's rollout. The Giants - and just about everyone else - have made fools of the 'Skins D on that play for longer than I care to remember.

Amen to that! *cough*Holdmen*cough*

I must agree, every one wants to win no matter the cost. Every one preaches team first but turn a blind eye to the way the organization treats the players.

Lavar has definitely done his share but I believe Snyder is a snake and has done his fair share of backstabbing. Just because Danny boy does it behind closed doors does not make it right.

Too many "core" players have chosen to hit the door and none of them have had good things to say about the way the organization has treated them. I just hope JG can not only turn the team around but can also return honor and dignity to the Redskin name.

Maybe it's too late for Lavar, the situation has gone on too long and there is no way to resolve except for a cordial goodbye. I do agree with most of you though, the timing couldn't be worse.

I agree with this. A lot of people argue that Lavar is being dramatic. First of all, if you were in his shoes, woudn't you feel the same way? Proclaiming that you live and breathe a Redskin and would retire here, then the organization tries to move you out, or at leat that is what it seems. Has anyone ever considered that this could very much be an issue behind closed doors and that its all about the Owner trying to prove something?

Lavar never wanted more money. That issue they had was about a Contract that both parties agreed upon. Whether Lavar was correct or not, he still dropped the issue. He is no way comparable to TO.

Irep...I respectfully disagree. There is another point-of-view: take bona fide talent and through leadership draw out its full potential. find a way. create an organization whose core culture does this.

I know one thing - every time I hear a Redskin defensive player respond to an LA question without hesitation they all want him on the field.

I agree with this. A lot of people argue that Lavar is being dramatic. First of all, if you were in his shoes, woudn't you feel the same way? Proclaiming that you live and breathe a Redskin and would retire here, then the organization tries to move you out, or at leat that is what it seems. Has anyone ever considered that this could very much be an issue behind closed doors and that its all about the Owner trying to prove something?

Lavar never wanted more money. That issue they had was about a Contract that both parties agreed upon. Whether Lavar was correct or not, he still dropped the issue. He is no way comparable to TO.

Except that the issue was behind closed doors until LaKeisha started slapping her jaws to anyone who would listen.

LaTonja didn't drop the issue. Coach Gibbs handled it and the contract was re-done, in case you forgot. The whole issue was over the Poston's signing and initialing every page on the contract, then saying afterward that something was missing. If LaToya should be mad at anyone, it's her agents.

Simple.

Because LaVar views being treated like *a* man as a person who is not confronted on his mistakes and who is given everything without having to work for it. That's LaVar's view of being treated with respect. Anything short of that treatment to LaVar appears to be disrespect and he won't have it.

I WANT my coaching staff to be strong enough to get in the face of EVERY player on my favorite team and snap them back for their mistakes. If there's a fan of this team who hasn't YEARNED for the same thing for a dozen years, let me know, as I'm pretty sure none of you would sign up.

Why treat LaVar differently than every other player on the team is treated? Why avoid making calls to the sideline to tell him to focus better on his assignments just because he doesn't like it? What's wrong with you people?

Whoa, hoss; you mistook what I said.

When I wrote about treating LaVar like *a* man, I didn't mean LaVar's definition of the idea, but the common sense version of the idea.

By all means, treat the players equally. By all means, gut them like a fish if they make a mental mistake that they should have learned in rookie mini-camp. But---and to be clear, I'm not giving LaVar license to be an egoist, or giving credence to the self-pity party he's undergoing in trying to deal with a diminished role---treating players the same cuts both ways.

For instance: there was a great deal of understandable acrimony over the contract issue, but a professional, say Dan Rooney for instance, doesn't bark "Don't talk to me!" when a player approaches to say hello. That's Snyder letting personal feelings dictate his professional demeanor. You think he would have said that to Warrick Holdman, or Cory Raymer? Of course not, so if you're going to treat your players the same, you have to afford Arrington the same civility regardless of past contract issues.

Additionally, I don't know what level of freelancing LaVar does that causes such consternation among the staff, and I do understand the value of having everyone play within the system. However, I can guarantee you that Carlos Rogers, for instance, made mental errors. He's a rookie, and there's a learning curve involved. Yet, he wasn't effectively benched for six games was he?

I completely agree with what you say, Art, Arrington should be cipher #56 on the Redskin roster, not LaVar "Genuflect When You Say That, Pal" Arrington. But I think there is a moderate level of acrimony that has created an inequitable attitude towards him from Snyder, and somewhat from the staff, as if he's not quite cipher #56 in their eyes, but LaVar "Freelancing, Whining, Litigator" Arrington.

You can tell the face of the team has clearly shifted to Cooley and Portis after that interview yesterday. Back in the day, if Lavar wasn't in a dispute with the team and what not, he would've been out there with Ryan Clark. Sad to see really. It really dawned on me yesterday watching that interview.

"LaTonja didn't drop the issue. Coach Gibbs handled it and the contract was re-done, in case you forgot. The whole issue was over the Poston's signing and initialing every page on the contract, then saying afterward that something was missing. If LaToya should be mad at anyone, it's her agents."

unless...of course....someone did pull a fast one. that is an action independent of agent incompetence.

Irep...I respectfully disagree. There is another point-of-view: take bona fide talent and through leadership draw out its full potential. find a way. create an organization whose core culture does this.

I know one thing - every time I hear a Redskin defensive player respond to an LA question without hesitation they all want him on the field.

Of course they do. He's an immense talent when healthy, and teammates support one another. It's a fraternity. Eagles players were saying the same thing about TO up until he was deactivated. Then they spoke their true mind.

Just because players show support, doesn't mean playing him is best for the team.

To me thats the confusion that sports cause when the subordinates (players) make far more than management (coaches). In some cases money creates a false since of power.

I am a Lavar fan and always will be...however I believe he was wrong to hang up on the coach....BUT....sitting a 3 time pro bowler for half a season, then trying to convince the fans and teams that he is not a pass rusher....thats a step in the wrong direction to me...I mean to say the guy misses assignments is one thing but to say he cant do something a simple as run directly the quarterback on 3 and 12 is......just weird....Overall I think both sides have faults in this mess.

Getting sacks on 3rd down isn't as easy as "running directly to the QB" as you claim in your post. You are exaggerating a tad. And if LaVar was such a "sack artist", why can't he get one on first or second down. The coaches have blitzed him on 1st and 2nd down in pass situatuions before. How many sacks does he have? ZERO, so don't be so sure that we are holding Derrick Thomas out of the game on 3rd downs, it's just LaVar.

"LaTonja didn't drop the issue. Coach Gibbs handled it and the contract was re-done, in case you forgot. The whole issue was over the Poston's signing and initialing every page on the contract, then saying afterward that something was missing. If LaToya should be mad at anyone, it's her agents."

unless...of course....someone did pull a fast one. that is an action independent of agent incompetence.

A fast one can't be pulled in contract negotiations. The contract is fully read before signing. The agent admitted to not fully reading the contract. Changes are made to contracts before they are submitted for signing all the time.

The Acura dealer tried that with the interest rate before I bought my last car. I caught it. Doesn't excuse the agents from doing their jobs poorly. The same time, that's an awfully big gratuitous assertion that no one can prove and can be equally gratuitously denied.

In LA's Monday interview he sais he was being himself on the field. We all know what that means, he was not going to cover a specific assigment. The simple fact is LA does not fit in this defensive scheme. With that said I would rather have LA in a coma on the field than Holdman. on the field 100% healthy. I wis LA the best wherever he goes. I doubt it will be in Washington.

This is not fact at all. The problem with you is that you get all your information from Extremeskins.com. You have to go outside the box man. Go to Redskins.com and check out GW's comments on Lavar. He says he is PROUD of Lavar for how he has handled things this season. Jeremiah Trotter was quoted this week about how he has heard that Lavar's professionalism and work ethic have changed dramatically. Lavar came on 980 this week and gave his teammates, coaches (he named lindsey specifically) much credit. Said there schemes were allowing them to win. Now the media comes out with some stuff and you bury Lavar. Leave the box, see all there is to see.

Good post

It seems to me that the only people distracted by his comments are the fans...he's not TO

also anyone who thinks we are a better team with holdman in has forgotten the Denver and KC games....if we were better with him on the bench these same coaches that you (and I) praise would have left him on the bench

NOW it's a distraction. You bring coaches, owners, and in-game/post-game blow-ups into this situation, THEN you have yourself a distraction.

The Times' LaVar article was only a primer for this crap. The Post should be ashamed for writing something like this. It doesn't matter if they have a bad/bitter relationship with the team's ownership, you are hurting the fans... YOUR SUBSCRIBERS... by writing crap like this.

Getting sacks on 3rd down isn't as easy as "running directly to the QB" as you claim in your post. You are exaggerating a tad. And if LaVar was such a "sack artist", why can't he get one on first or second down. The coaches have blitzed him on 1st and 2nd down in pass situatuions before. How many sacks does he have? ZERO, so don't be so sure that we are holding Derrick Thomas out of the game on 3rd downs, it's just LaVar.

Oops I am so sorry I forgot that Derrick Thomas recorded a sack EVERY time he blitzed....and dude come on you know you understand what I am saying...if they really wanted to utilze his talent send him off the corner..put him in a three point stance it can be done they did it with clemons (Lewis did it with Lavar)....and another thing the FEW times he has blitzed on first or second down it as been up the middle....not many people make a consistent living (especially at 250) sacking people by blitzing up the middle....further more I never said the guy was Derrick Thomas but he is better than either clemons, holdman and Marshall. :2cents:

Look Guy's & Ladies.......This is ALL " MY " Fault !

I bought an ARRINGTON Jersey last fall and that is the REASON this Situation is coming to Fuitition( sp )

I will NOW have to hang the Jersey next to my WESTBROOK and WILKINSON Jersey's......

I did have Quite a Dilemma Picking a Jersey last fall......I wanted a COLES Jersey Pretty bad....I loved the Guy !!! I was Also Looking at a SMOT Jersey...on's of HEART for such a Small DB........I Choose ARRINGTON....SO BLAME " ME " !!!!

Archived