Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wise - After a Shove, a Fall From Grace (Lavar Shouting Match w/Coach after Sat game)

JimmiJo

Guest GibbSkins11
the only thing that gets me mad is that our best players don't play on third down

id let gregg williams decide who his best players are on third down,lavar has to show he can play on third down before gregg puts him in , i really dont want a overpursuit by LA on 3rd down like in other years:applause: :helmet: :applause:

i dont know. like i said. i feel bad for lavar. i feel bad that he takes things so personally that he shouldnt, but i also feel bad for the way the redskins have treated him. the redskins of snyder, that hasnt been productive with anyone except maybe marty who they fired. i hope this ends well for both parties, but that seems impossible.

lavar is one of my favorite skins ever, and he always will be. but, at the end of it, i will never say that snyder is one of my favorite redskins. or even that he is actually a redskin. players are redskins, not owners.

I'll put it this way

Lavar is paid a lot of damn money to make football his top priority in life, to treat it "more then a game" and to follow his coaching and do what he is supposed to do within the system

I could understand his point of view if he wasn't making a pretty damn good penny doing it

I could understand wondering why he is being "treated unfairly" if he really was

But for the amount of money he makes, I could care less how he feels, or what is going on in his head

It is about how he produces

And the record is pretty clear

Since he has arrived at big time football (Penn State) he has never been on a championship squad

And it is fairly clear who was dragging whose feet on the 6.5 million dollar deal being resolved. Hint, it wasn't the Washington Redskins

Guest GibbSkins11
I am a huge huge Lavar fan. My cousin is his "usual" server at a restaruant in Fair Oaks that he frequents Wednesdays during the season, and she has always said nothing but good things about him personally, and what a great guy he is

The guy has riddiculous physical talent, and if he wanted to could be the greatest of all time

But seriously, this is now a god damn joke.

Where do my loyalties land? With a player who has never led his team to the playoffs, to a national championship, or a conference championship, or a division championship

Or with an organization and coaching staff which has a legacy of greatness

It really is that simple. Lavar has never won a major sports title since high school

Did Penn State ever win the Big 10 during Lavar's time there? Did they compete in a BCS/Alliance bowl or National Championship?

No

Did Lavar ever lead this team to a playoff berth, a divisional championship, conference championship or Superbowl?

Is Lavar even .500 since becoming a Washington Redskin?

The adage is if you can lose WITH a player you can certainly lose without them

We could lose with Champ Bailey. We could lose with Lavar Arrington. We can certainly lose without them

However something is different. As Art said, would you rather have the Redskins be 9-6 and Lavar, who is being paid MILLIONS treated like crap, or a happy Lavar with the Redskins 5-11?

Honestly here

Lavar, your pouting is just riddiculous. If you consider football just a "game" give me the millions you make. Give me the 20,000 square foot mansion you live in

You make too much money to be crying to the media every time your feelings get hurt. You make too much money not to fall in line with the program Joe Gibbs wants here

You are paid to care about football, about winning and about the Washington Redskins

That is why you got a 15 million dollar signing bonus. Not because you are the face of the organization or any nonsense like that, but because you are here to win, period

Players come and go, hell I was a big fan of Reggie Brooks and Skip Hicks, and even Chris Hakel (if anyone knows who that is you get a prize)

But its the Washington Redskins I care most about. Lavar, I really really really wish we could do this with you. I wish you were going to be a part of this future, getting 15 sacks and 100 tackles a year, being who you can be and helping this team win championships

Its clear you are not that player. And it really is too bad, because you get PAID MILLIONS to be that player

UnWise Mike seems to forget that. If I got paid millions to play football, who in the hell cares how I am treated. I am out there to win, and get the job done, because I cost a lot of people (fans who pay 15 percent of their salaries to season tix) a lot of money

take the staff not the player who talks bout offseason durin the biggest redskin game in 7 years:applause: :helmet: :applause: great post i agree with you :cheers:

ps watch the gd talk though :doh:

take the staff not the player who talks bout offseason durin the biggest redskin game in 7 years:applause: :helmet: :applause: great post i agree with you :cheers:

ps watch the gd talk though :doh:

Pssst, dont quote my entire dissertation there, its bad board ettiqute and takes up room in the database

Instead just say, "I agree with you Skinshokiefan" or what not

Guest GibbSkins11
Pssst, dont quote my entire dissertation there, its bad board ettiqute and takes up room in the database

Instead just say, "I agree with you Skinshokiefan" or what not

bad board ettiqute - can i change that to by new user name,lol:applause: :helmet: :applause:

damn, I've had enough with your sour and anti-lavar posts. You guys call yourselfs fans? Prove it! Okay, he made ONE freaking mistake, ONE, and that was him giving the interview. WOW! Let's all get Ak-47's and shoot the guy execution style because he granted an interview. I'm embarresed by the people who are thrashing LA...actually disappointed. What did the guy do wrong? There is proof in the article from wise that LA is indeed a good person, but misunderstood. The strongest proof points to our fruity owner (okay the proof is not 100% valid...but it's better than what you anti LA people are bringing up...) He's a nut, crazy and ****y, who BASICALLY told LA to shut up, I don't want to talk to you. WHO THE **** DOES THAT to your best player on both o and d. Wouldn't that trip some of you guys. Just that one single comment does wonders to understand what's going on here.

Imagine you start having difficulty with your job, and soon after you get sick and need to take a leave of absense for a couple of weeks. Now when you come back you have a majorly reduced role at your job, but you don't think much of it. You're pretty positive things will return to normal after a certain time. They never do. Now you see your boss walking in the the room and you approach him to ask a couple of questions about a project (not about the reduced role) and as he sees you from the corver of his eyes, he walks away saying I don't have anything to do with your role. Remember that's not WHY you approached the boss. You wanted to clearify a few spreadsheets, or maybe just wanted to talk about life or whatever. That would piss me off. That would make me quit. I'm not working for a lowlife SOB who doesn't respect me even after I've giving my all for the past 3-4 yrs at the company.

Now I know you guys are thinking, ohh, that's just a small incident...wth are you on about. I've got a very valid point. LA and DS need to enter a boxing ring to settle their differences. This has nothing to do with gibbs, gw, and the defense coach. It all started when they weren't in town, but obviously it had to carry over. We're talking nearly $7,000,000 and obviously DS wanted to show LA who's boss. Well I guess LA knows who's boss and who's not. I still want them to enter the ring! I'd pay $5000 to see danny 'fruity' snyder get his a$$ knocked out. Ohhh I could imagine that!

Anyways, my point is ever since the feud over the money and the injury he suffered last year, LA was being pretty much raped. He obviously couldn't practice, he had no support in the upper levels of the organization but he was still cool about it. The guy works his way back from a SERIOUS injury to get back into pretty good shape, and GW doesn't insert him into the lineup that finsihed 6-10? Wat the hell were we playing for last year? He could have easily played more and caught up much quicker had GW put him in, but he didn't, EVEN THOUGH we had a losing record. If I remember correctly he started 2 games...and we still lost. Is LA to blame? It's funny to see you guys saying when Lavar was the man of the town the team was losing? Okay, it's alright to blame one person. Right...get a grip. It's not because of HIM why we lost. We had a ****ty owner, a ****ty coach, and no stabibility. We lost before lavar was drafted. At least he gave us fans something to cheer about during those losing seasons. He made the probowl, represented the skins very well, and again had some great seasons before injuring himself. How can you not like the guy....INFORM!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. YOU CALL YOURSELF TRUE FANS, YET STRIP YOUR LOVE FOR THE PLAYER WHO DID NOTHING BUT WORK HARD BEFORE GIBBS GOT HERE? HOW? I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC BEHIND. I'M ASSUMING BECAUSE WE HAD LOSING SEASONS UNDER LA, THAT NOW YOU HATE HIM THE MAN. THIS + ONE INTERVIEW AND YOU'RE DONE? WOW, THAT'S INTENSE.

Whatever, I love arrington. 100% supporter since the day we drafted him. He's awesome. It doesn't hurt either to have a huge playmaker, someone who is really popular. How in the hell can you stop someone from being popular. Bench him, berate him. How's that his fault. You are the guys that made him so popular and now you're saying he's a media darling? Well obviously it's mostly the MEDIA that flocks to him. Do you see him running towards a reporter to give a story...NO.

One more thing I shall add. Phillip Daniels interview...why did he keep turning his head and why was he so worried about saying lavar is good and such? That's BS! Did Lavar tell him to do that also so he would look better? HA!

Yes He did give that interview, but nothing bad was said. NOTHING AT ALL. He was saying he'd retire a redskin if the redskins cut him. What else did he say? Did I miss something. Oh yeah, he said he's a human 1st, and then a football player. Obviously the guy gave his all. What else could he have done. It's not like he could secertly make a play. He gave it his all. How can you guys say he wouldn't try to intercept or sack because he was more of a human than a player? That's how everyone is. HOW THE HELL IS THAT BAD? I didn't know where to start or where to end. I think i've made a few valid points. Rip me if want, but I think I'm right. You guys are turning on him for what?

1. Getting Injured

2. Asking for his money

3. Wanting to find out why he isn't playing

4. The silly interview from WT

5. WP article that had ONE quote and that MUST be because he chased down a reporter and was like put this on put this on. I want to be the king of this town. Yeah, okay. believe what you want...

6. His fight w/the defense coach? it's been mentioned the coach was on the wrong end. there is always a line. i bet he said something personal and lavar got pissed. who goes there? that's like a guy hitting a guy in the nuts during a fite.

Lavar is Lavar. We didn't lose because of him. We lost as a team.

How contradicting are you guys. You guys try and keep pointing out that when Lavar was healthy and he made the probowl we had losing seasons. Uhhh, isn't it a TEAM GAME? LAvar is one of 53 people. Can you guys be more contradicting? One second saying we lost because of him, and now saying you don't want him because we're winning w/out him. Hello, GIBBS CAME BACK. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Lavar will stay a skin for life. If he doesn't, I'm going to b**** slap DS whenever I see him and run like a mofo'er! HA! Skins win in a fairly close game, Lavar plays HUGE. You guys eat CROW because Lavar will be player of the game! :)

Where do my loyalties land? With a player who has never led his team to the playoffs, to a national championship, or a conference championship, or a division championship

Or with an organization and coaching staff which has a legacy of greatness

It really is that simple. Lavar has never won a major sports title since high school

Did Penn State ever win the Big 10 during Lavar's time there? Did they compete in a BCS/Alliance bowl or National Championship?

No

Did Lavar ever lead this team to a playoff berth, a divisional championship, conference championship or Superbowl?

Is Lavar even .500 since becoming a Washington Redskin?

According to your post, you are saying that ONE PLAYER leds a team to a playoff berth, divisional championship, conference championship, superbowl, .500 team, national championship, or be in a college bowl. I believe you have forgotten the other 50-60 some players who are on the team and the coaching staff that organizes the team to compete. What is your excuse for last year then? Lavar didn't play and we ended up below a .500 record. He plays this year and we are on the verge of making the playoffs. But it wasn't him alone that made this possible, neither was it him alone that made the team so bad in the past years. Was it his fault that we kept losing? Or was it Norv and Spurrier that we kept losing?

Barry Sanders never led his team to a Superbowl, does that make him not worthy to be on this team (during his prime, hypothetically)? Barry was loyal to his team and wanted to win a superbowl but the organization never attempted hard enough. Lavar wants to win, wants to be a Redskin, wants to retire as a Redskin, and most of all, he wants to play as a Redskin.

According to your post, you are saying that ONE PLAYER leds a team to a playoff berth, divisional championship, conference championship, superbowl, .500 team, national championship, or be in a college bowl. I believe you have forgotten the other 50-60 some players who are on the team and the coaching staff that organizes the team to compete. What is your excuse for last year then? Lavar didn't play and we ended up below a .500 record. He plays this year and we are on the verge of making the playoffs. But it wasn't him alone that made this possible, neither was it him alone that made the team so bad in the past years. Was it his fault that we kept losing? Or was it Norv and Spurrier that we kept losing?

Barry Sanders never led his team to a Superbowl, does that make him not worthy to be on this team (during his prime, hypothetically)? Barry was loyal to his team and wanted to win a superbowl but the organization never attempted hard enough. Lavar wants to win, wants to be a Redskin, wants to retire as a Redskin, and most of all, he wants to play as a Redskin.

awesome awesome and awesome! I said the same thing the post above this. Lavar didn't make us lose last yr the the years before, and he didn't make us win this year either. It's a team game for all you people who don't get it. 1 player doesn't win, 1 player doesn't lose a game. All 53 people do.

edit: I really hope lavar stays man. I'm real worried. This guy will be a beast next year NO DOUBT. I will hate to see him leave the team...but I doubt it will happen. We will love him next year and he's had a full yr under GW. STAY MAN PLEASE! You're ppretty damng good this yr even after surgery, imagine how good you'll be next yr. stay for me at least! lay some of those tackles! I loved his tackle of westbrook in the iggles game on sunday night. the GUY exploded out of the line and tackled him for a loss! His speed is starting to come...don't give up because he's "a perenial loser", he's the biggity bomb.

Guest GibbSkins11
awesome awesome and awesome! I said the same thing the post above this. Lavar didn't make us lose last yr the the years before, and he didn't make us win this year either. It's a team game for all you people who don't get it. 1 player doesn't win, 1 player doesn't lose a game. All 53 people do.

since lavar arrington has been on the field this season he has played great but im tired of him talking to the media , his freelancing days are gone from what i see he is playing just as hard as the other 10 guys , he actually is playing pretty good football , he is using all that talent and working in williams's packages and isnt blitzing instead of following assignments any more , so on the field he is becoming a part of this defense again , the offseason is the offseason though and i wish his focus would be on the eagle game , if he really is MR. REDSKIN then he needs to focus on the biggest game in 7 years. who cares right now if he is gone next season , b/c next season is well next season and right now this eagles game should be the only thing LA is thinking about , i wrote posts b/c i am upset of the constant media circus with him these last 2 years , but i think come sunday he will show why he loves the burgundy and gold , i also see him having a big day

Ghost Part II:

If the Redskins coaching staff on defense is suspect how come the free agent moves have almost all worked and the defense has been in the top 10 the past 2 years? :)

You can't have it both ways. You can't look at a team with a 9-6 record for the first time in 6 years and then dump all over the staff that got the team and the players to put this together.

Anyone other than a fool can see that Marcus Washington is the team's best linebacker. Play in and play out Washington is the one that other teams are afraid of because of his consistency and both physical/mental toughness.

Ditto on the DL with Griffin and in the secondary lead by Shawn Springs.

All three of these players were brought in over the past 2 years with the input of this staff.

We also drafted Sean Taylor instead of Kellen Winslow based on the input of Gregg Williams and Co. to Gibbs and Snyder.

The fact remains this team can go out in the offseason and find a player like Carlos Emmons or Dexter Coakley, rent-a-veteran linebackers, and get more consistent 16 game performances than we receive from #56.

This defense trading Arrington for a capable veteran doesn't miss a beat ;)

Hell, our D would be hugely upgraded with another underrated player like Washington on the other side. When we got Washington he wasn't even one of the top defenders listed as free agents.

Whats sad is that I remember everybody claiming how overrated Urlacher was. ****, Arrington is probably by far the most overrated defensive player in the league. And that puts him above names like Ty Law and Charles Woodson.

You guys are turning on him for what?

1. Getting Injured

2. Asking for his money

3. Wanting to find out why he isn't playing

4. The silly interview from WT

5. WP article that had ONE quote and that MUST be because he chased down a reporter and was like put this on put this on. I want to be the king of this town. Yeah, okay. believe what you want...

6. His fight w/the defense coach? it's been mentioned the coach was on the wrong end. there is always a line. i bet he said something personal and lavar got pissed. who goes there? that's like a guy hitting a guy in the nuts during a fite.

Lavar is Lavar. We didn't lose because of him. We lost as a team.

How contradicting are you guys. You guys try and keep pointing out that when Lavar was healthy and he made the probowl we had losing seasons. Uhhh, isn't it a TEAM GAME? LAvar is one of 53 people. Can you guys be more contradicting? One second saying we lost because of him, and now saying you don't want him because we're winning w/out him. Hello, GIBBS CAME BACK. Maybe that had something to do with it?

:)

Im with you man. Some of these so called "fans" are not true fans but just bandwagon specialists!!

Everyone loves LaVar, then the media makes him look bad and what? everyone hates LaVar, all kinds of stupid BS that is stupid for fans to bicker about.

Now If Arrington came out and said F*** the skinz i want to be a cowboy or something off the lines like that then that is legit to dislike the guy.but turning on one player for something so trivial is just HORSE****!!:censored:

Same thing happened with BOTH Brunell and Ramsey. first everyone bashes brunell. praises ramsey "put him in, put him in!!" then he is going to start, yay out of all the fans. gets hurt, brunell comes in "booo booo" starts at Dallas. for the first 56 mins im even thinking "I think we have a much better shot with Ramsey" BAM!!!!!!!! santana moss TD BAM!!!!!!! santana moss TD!!!!!

AND JUST LIKE THAT WE BEAT THE COWBOYS 14-13 ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!!!!

what happens? well everyone's like well, lets give it another game or 2. brunell plays awesome the next few games and people start saying, brunell is our best QB Ramsey sux lets get rid of him, he's just wasting a roster spot, blah blah blah!!!!

Now in this point in the season Ramsey might end up playing because it is still not 100% certain that brunell will be ready. ANd people are doggin ramsey so bad!!!! AHHGGG!!! WHATS WRONG WITH U PEOPLE!!!!!! A REDSKIN IS A REDSKIN WHETHER HE'S ON THE BENCH OR ON THE FIELD!!!!!

To hate a redskin just because he doesnt see the field and the other guy has had a good season is REDICULOUS!!!!!! The only QB on our team that im not ok with going into any game this season is Jason Campbell, and thats because he is a rookie and doesnt know half the stuff as Brunell or Ramsey. but he is learning and i think he will be pretty good one day.

But the fact is u people should be happy that we have such a capable back-up QB!!! not every team is as blessed as we are to have such a capable back up in case our starter gets hurt.

and for that im blessed!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY i got a little off subject there but in was all my point!!! SKins fans, stop turning on our players!! PLEASE!!! believe in them..

TO EVERY REDSKIN THAT HAS BEEN RIDICULED!!!! IM A BIG FAN OF EVERY SKIN!!!!!

ESPECIALLY TO U LAVAR ARRINGTON, MARK BRUNELL, AND PATRICK RAMSEY!!!!

HTTR!!!! GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT THE EAGLES MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

the coach had to have a reason after a win to go overboard and i dont care if the guy has millions or billions to talk about the offseason when we have a game against philly , a game that is the biggest game since lavars been hear ( hes never had a chance at the playoffs in washington ,drafted 2000, last playoff team 99-00 one) u think he would realize the importance of this game and not talkin about stuff in the offseason , either la is really stupid or just is all about himself, he is the only person in dc thinking of the offseason and not the philly game , that dont get u a little mad?

That also shocked the hail out of me, but so did a linebacker coach screaming at a player in front of others after the biggest win in FedEx History. Lavar was 100% wrong for even talking to the media about anything but how good the team has played and how hard they are prepairing for philly.

But face it, would you want your boss screaming at you in front of all your friends and employees? or would you want him to be a real man and just take you to his office, sit you down and tell you what you did wrong and warn you what will happen if you repeat the same mistake.

Yes I lost respect for LA for what he done, but I also lost respect for our LB coach in how he approached it, NO excuse in this world for it!!!!

Poor LA supporters. He's boxed you in. In order to stay in his camp, you must:

1) believe that reporters are making things up;

2) believe that the coaches, despite a winning record, are playing him incorrectly;

3) believe that LA knows more about football than his coaches;

4) believe that he's a victim;

5) believe that LA is more important than the team.

Go ahead, keep making excuses for him...but he won't be here next year. He's done...and it wasn't what he did this week that sealed his fate.

But face it, would you want your boss screaming at you in front of all your friends and employers? or would you want him to be a real man and just take you to his office, sit you down and tell you what you did wrong and warn you what will happen if you repeat the same mistake.

Yes I lost respect for LA for what he done, but I also lost respect for our LB coach in how he approached it, NO excuse in this world for it!!!!

Sorry guy, I disagree with you on this. Sometimes you have to do this type of thing. Especially if you have already benched him once this year. I will tell you that while I was in the Army, I had to do this type of thing to one of my soldiers. I had to set an example. When I tried to take this guy to the side and straighten him out (numerous times), it didn't work. So, I simply embarrased the hell out of him in front of his peers. Well to make a long story short, it worked. Yeah he b!tched and moaned to his boys, but in the end, he changed his ways.

I would say that there is probably more to this than what we know. I love Lavar, Hell I am a big Supporter of him. But bottom line is, if you don't do the job right, you may as well not even be doing it. The Redskins organization is larger than one guy. And although I may always root for Lavar, I will never stop rooting for the Skins.

HAIL

Poor LA supporters. He's boxed you in. In order to stay in his camp, you must:

1) believe that reporters are making things up;

2) believe that the coaches, despite a winning record, are playing him incorrectly;

3) believe that LA knows more about football than his coaches;

4) believe that he's a victim;

5) believe that LA is more important than the team.

Go ahead, keep making excuses for him...but he won't be here next year. He's done...and it wasn't what he did this week that sealed his fate.

Uhhh, bandwagon fan for the players? Jumped ship after the giants game? You prob were in love with him Sat and Sun night. Once the article comes...oops the Media must be right, I will believe them...they are the all-knowing. They would never dare to make some stuff up. RIGHTTT and I'm a billionaire.

Obviously LA loves Gibbs and his system. Why would they give him lots of playing time suddenly? Obviously he bought into the system and was slowly adjusting to understand his role there. No ones bigger than anyone else, they might be better, but we WILL all work together. He BOUGHT into that. He was coming around. He will come around. Just watch!

LA knows more about football than coaches? You're basing this on the defense coach incident. Players (hopefully you might like one and belive him) have said coach was on the wrong end...Lavar was just standing his ground on a PERSONAL level. Nothing related to football.

So for us to like Lavar we must believe reporters make things up? Uhh...did you hear about that NYPost reporter who got busted for lying his ass off? yeah...i thought so. All they DO is MAKE things up.

And lastly, LA is a victem, some his own fault, but mostly because of D "shiittey" Snyder. THe guys a fraud. He cut down trees so his house would appreciate? WTF? He's crazy. All his fault.

You must be on some strong smoke if the media is realing you in! stop before they brainwash you! STOP!!!

First off, that article is the worst piece of trash I ever did read. The Anti-Snyder/ Anti-Redskin theme throughout is just childish. This news organisation hates Danny boy so much, frankly, because he's taking their profits by being a good businessman. They can't keep up, and it just burns them up inside. HAHA I say. Go @@@@ yourselves. And as for Lavar, shut the hell up, and grow the hell up. You are acting like a spoiled teenager, and you aren't the team. Anyone that believes the article word for word has got to be retarded. But I guess Lavar is just dumb enough to not realize what they would do with his interviews. :(

just wanted to prove to you guys arrington is not overrated. he's been INJURED the last 2 seasons. Stop dumping injured people. Let them get healed. Yeah techincally he's overrated because he didn't play last season and has played sparingly this year. Here are the stats from 2000/01. You tell me if he's overrated. The guy will be beast when funny healthy. Stop fooling yourselfs. He did something dumb. He said the redskins don't want him anymore. Maybe he said that because this will be his 1st season and he knows the redskins will cut him adn he desperatly wants to stay a part of this for the long run. Thought about that...He's just worried the one year the team does good and has a CHANCE to make the playoffs they get rid of him for being overpaid and unprodutive. Well Should I remind you guys again he was injured? INJURED. Say it with me. INJURED. Injury slows people down A LOT. No one can get back to 100% immediately, let alone with ANOTHER new coach in town. It's been hard on him. His 4 previous seasons have been a failure and the one season the teams having success this happens.

here are the stats

take a look yourself

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def

2000 Washington Redskins 16 55 44.0 11 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 4 ...pathetic? 100tkls right?

2001 Washington Redskins 14 99 82.0 17 0.5 3 120 40.0 67 1 6...overrated right?

2002 Washington Redskins 16 92 67.0 25 11 0 0 0.0 0 0 8....he sucks right?

2003 Washington Redskins 16 88 75.0 13 6 0 0 0.0 0 0 10...garbage?

2004 Washington Redskins 4 15 11.0 4 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 2 ...pure garbage...only 15 tkls??!

2005 Washington Redskins 12 45 38.0 7 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 ...WOW 45 in 12 games only. This is real pathetic right. He's making the most out of it.

Now stats aren't everything but he's contributed a lot. What if he wasn't on those 01/02/03 teams. They prob would have finished 2-14. He's a good player...he's recovered and he'll show it in teh eagles game if he plays. redskins all the way!!

HTTR!!!

First off, that article is the worst piece of trash I ever did read. The Anti-Snyder/ Anti-Redskin theme throughout is just childish. This news organisation hates Danny boy so much, frankly, because he's taking their profits by being a good businessman. They can't keep up, and it just burns them up inside. HAHA I say. Go @@@@ yourselves. And as for Lavar, shut the hell up, and grow the hell up. You are acting like a spoiled teenager, and you aren't the team. Anyone that believes the article word for word has got to be retarded. But I guess Lavar is just dumb enough to not realize what they would do with his interviews. :(

There's one quote from Lavar...

I guess that can be said about the other article, which is proving to be quite painful, considering everyone freakin believes it. Let me use your words here. Anyone that believes the article (WT...not post) word for word has got to be retared.

He said one freaking thing. Move on. He's focused on the Eagles.

He never said he was the team. When it stated that people booed him at the MCI center and said he was taking the heat for the loss...THAT WAS THE AUTHORS OPINION. NO QUOTE FROM arrington about that...he prob knew they were booing him because of his contract dispute but didn't understand why boo me if you guys don't know EXACTLY what happened...u know?

Really, I'm not sayiing Lavar said these things to the media, however, it's evident he spoke to someone recently, and should have known better. Either way, we can debate all we like, but until things settle, and we know more, everyone should calm down with the trade rumors. Let's stay focused on what matters, and that's beating Philly. Wise is getting exactly what he wants...a distraction from this important game. Don't fall for it.

I guess all those times I corrected you on very basic factual errors/misrepresentations weren't enough to warrant a response.

You finally have something to say to me. :laugh:

Other THAN this year, can you tell me what the tumult was with Arrington in previous?

What because he didn't think he was as effective with his hand on the ground? On a 7-9 Spurrier team that got DEMOLISHED vs. Philly on Monday night and saw Danny W and Shane Matthews suit up for the BnG, you think Lavar was the "center" of tumult?

In 2001 he was the center of tumult? (I thought he helped salvage the season.)

Last year during the season? I remember Clinton speaking the truth about the offense last year after Cleveland. Don't recall Lavar being an issue until this offseason after his knee injury.

Funny how Lavar was the starter for the team in 2004 before he got hurt. Odd that, if I recall correctly, he was on the field EVEN for third downs. But I guess it took time for Williams to see how terrible Lavar is. After all, those preseason games didn't show enough. :rolleyes:

I was wondering how many days it would take before you decided to defend your pal, LA.

Bulldog has thoroughly shot down every defense you have of the guy.

The point you're missing is that LA got playing time simply because Holdman has been so bad.

LA is done with this team...do you think he'll be back next year?

One other point...you are implying that LA knows how to play his position better than the coaches...that it's okay to miss an assignment based on his physical abilities. That is the reason we lost so many games in the last five years. Despite the good overall defenses we had, you could always count on a big play against us on LA's side...at least two a game.

Uhhh, bandwagon fan for the players? Jumped ship after the giants game? You prob were in love with him Sat and Sun night. Once the article comes...oops the Media must be right, I will believe them...they are the all-knowing. They would never dare to make some stuff up. RIGHTTT and I'm a billionaire.

Obviously LA loves Gibbs and his system. Why would they give him lots of playing time suddenly? Obviously he bought into the system and was slowly adjusting to understand his role there. No ones bigger than anyone else, they might be better, but we WILL all work together. He BOUGHT into that. He was coming around. He will come around. Just watch!

LA knows more about football than coaches? You're basing this on the defense coach incident. Players (hopefully you might like one and belive him) have said coach was on the wrong end...Lavar was just standing his ground on a PERSONAL level. Nothing related to football.

So for us to like Lavar we must believe reporters make things up? Uhh...did you hear about that NYPost reporter who got busted for lying his ass off? yeah...i thought so. All they DO is MAKE things up.

And lastly, LA is a victem, some his own fault, but mostly because of D "shiittey" Snyder. THe guys a fraud. He cut down trees so his house would appreciate? WTF? He's crazy. All his fault.

You must be on some strong smoke if the media is realing you in! stop before they brainwash you! STOP!!!

Very intelligent post...thanks.

I rest my case.

HAHA...all of your points got don't even connect to ghost of nibbs post. What you're saying bluntly is that we had all those losing seasons because of Lavar? We lost ONLY because Lavar gave up a big play? I thought there was a QB on a football team that threw for TD's? That didn't happen, but that's not a problem is it? It's so called LA missing assignments that we lost a lot of games. How'd he get into the probowl if the coaches knew about arrington losing games for the redskins...

Come on man. Stop hating so much. You know you loved the guy before the interview. Give him a break. We need to focus on Philly and I'm sure he's as focused as ever and I hope we play the hell out of him.

And saying he gave up 2 big plays a game is BS. We didn't lose because of him. WE lost because our team sucked and we had no unity.

edit: yeahh...def more intelligent then what you said. right Lavar lost us all those season. VERY INTELLIGENT! GENIUS? Maybe...

Sorry guy, I disagree with you on this. Sometimes you have to do this type of thing. Especially if you have already benched him once this year. I will tell you that while I was in the Army, I had to do this type of thing to one of my soldiers. I had to set an example. When I tried to take this guy to the side and straighten him out (numerous times), it didn't work. So, I simply embarrased the hell out of him in front of his peers. Well to make a long story short, it worked. Yeah he b!tched and moaned to his boys, but in the end, he changed his ways.

I would say that there is probably more to this than what we know. I love Lavar, Hell I am a big Supporter of him. But bottom line is, if you don't do the job right, you may as well not even be doing it. The Redskins organization is larger than one guy. And although I may always root for Lavar, I will never stop rooting for the Skins.

HAIL

Exactly man. People here are acting like they know whats been going on the whole time but the fact is the coaches have had problems with Lavar for most of 2005. He has probably been given the behind the scenes talks 1000 times and it didn't work.

I'm also in the military and I know exactly what you are talking about. You try to be the nice guy and let people have it easy but it backfires with a lot of people and they don't get it until everybody knows that you are cracking down on them. There are no excuses then because its out for all to see.

It has already been proven, though, that humiliating him changes his ways. He got with the program after watching games from the bench earlier and I bet he calibrates his attitude again after this.

HAIL

Thats a really good word, but thats the army, and like you said that guy learned, so in other words he got the chance to make up for it and prove himself.

I hope the Skins let LA do the same on the field, there paying him millions and theres no better time to let him prove if hes worth it then now when were heading into the playoffs, and if he doesnt prove it then at least he got his chance.

Let the man play and not only 2 downs, but lets see what he can do especialy on 3rd and long situations. How much damage could Santana Moss do if they only let him play 2 downs, surely not as much as letting him play 4.

LA IS better then all our backups, so make him earn his money on the field against the best teams we will facing after a philly win. I just want all the best players on the field because we dont have a 2nd chance, if we lose any from here on out, its over!!!!

Come on man. Stop hating so much. You know you loved the guy before the interview. Give him a break.

I've felt this way about LA for years.

I'd suggest that LA is the hater here. He hates that the Redskins are winning without him. He's hating his coaches for correcting his errors. And he's hating the organization by creating this drama on the eve of the biggest game this franchise has had in a dozen years.

Go ahead, keep on apologizing for the guy. He's a distraction. He's our TO.

Archived