Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wise - After a Shove, a Fall From Grace (Lavar Shouting Match w/Coach after Sat game)

JimmiJo

I think we're all overlooking 1 VERY important part of this. If Arrington goes to another team- we lose a linebacker in Madden 2007 with a 92 rating. That just sucks!!!!!

Finally, somebody points out the REAL issue here. I don't like how LaVar has been playing in real life, but he has always been reliable in Madden. As far as video games go, I'm gonna miss you LaVar. :( :laugh:

Guest GibbSkins11

ok everyone lets stop the LA back and forth stuff we can talk about lavar for weeks b/c were both right ............

on one side : lavar has been a great player when he has been on the field , and we know in his heart he is 100% redskins , i see how he is with fans he loves washington

on the other side : he keeps causing problems with the media from the 6.5 million dollar signing bonus crap to the offseason interview when everyones focus should be on the redskins game at philly

lets put both of our sides on the same side of the ball so too speak.........

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14116

On his mindset heading into the Redskins' game against the Eagles:

"Right now, for anyone in this organization--or, I would hope, in the entire town--to be focused on anything but Philadelphia is ridiculous. We're getting ready to play the most important game that a lot of our players have played--in a place where it's extremely tough to play and in a place where [the home team] just took the Giants into overtime. If we lose the game, we aren't going anywhere, so my mindset is on one thing: Philadelphia. I'm not thinking about anything else but that."

so on that note im making a new thread lets join forces redskin brothers

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2008898#post2008898 come on lets talk skins at eagles

Thats a really good word, but thats the army, and like you said that guy learned, so in other words he got the chance to make up for it and prove himself.

He already has had the chance. that is what this whole argument is over correct? He free-lanced against the Giants? Please Correct me if I am wrong. The LB coach probably called him out in front of his boys knowing that it would get to him. If that is the only way to get to him then so be it. But he has had his chances this year (granted they are few and far between), and we don't know what is going on at the practice facility. I agree with you about letting him prove it on the field this weekend and also throughout the playoffs. But did you think that maybe the coaches are just trying to light a fire under Lavar's @ss? Neither you or I know what happened behind those closed doors, or why it occured. Here is to hoping that it worked. :cheers:

HAIL

Funny, the story to me is what assignments was Arrington missing and why would he be accorded special treatmeant for not being confronted on his mistakes just because he's LaVar. When a team gets rid of the star treatment mentality it means all players are taken to the woodshed for mistakes. Williams spoke about practice leading up to the Giants game where he was UNDULY hard on a couple of guys who'd made mistakes in the first game.

This isn't a coaching staff that's going to sip tea and hold hands and hug to get a point across. They are going to rip you, demean you and BENCH you to do it. And I trust them so much more than I trust Arrington. Yeah. Too bad we didn't coddle him more.

Thank you, I agree 100%. This is the same problem every coach who's been with Arrington has had with him. How can you justify paying that much money to someone who doesn't take this seriously? It's obvious that he is not nearly as studious as most of his teammates wich is unacceptable for a franchise player. The coaches simply want the same commitment and effort they get from the other players and it's a shame that Arrington is to much of a primadonna to hold himself to the same standards as everyone else. It's funny how LaVar thinks it's a conspiracy by all his ex-coaches to spread rumours about him. Maybe, just maybe, since you've heard it all your career and you're still hearing it now, there is some truth to what your coaches have said. Anyways, I think Gibbs has got this team way too focused to be distracted by this right now. Here's to a win this weekend and cautious eye on a playoffs that is full of beatable teams. GO skins.

That also shocked the hail out of me, but so did a linebacker coach screaming at a player in front of others after the biggest win in FedEx History. Lavar was 100% wrong for even talking to the media about anything but how good the team has played and how hard they are prepairing for philly.

But face it, would you want your boss screaming at you in front of all your friends and employees? or would you want him to be a real man and just take you to his office, sit you down and tell you what you did wrong and warn you what will happen if you repeat the same mistake.

Yes I lost respect for LA for what he done, but I also lost respect for our LB coach in how he approached it, NO excuse in this world for it!!!!

Uhhhh.....Lindsey DID go about this the right way. When LA screwed up during the game, Lindsey called LA and tried to chew him out in private. That's what coaches are supposed to do! But LA couldn't take the critisism like a man and hung up the phone. Lindsey can't let his players think that was okay, so he made an example outta LaVar, in front of his peers. My HS coach was so hard on us that he was put under investigation by the county. I guarantee whatever Lindsey said to LaVar is no worse than what my coach used to say to us. Heck, when I messed up(as a 9th grader playing football for the 1st time) my coach came ON THE FIELD, GRABBED ME BY MY FACEMASK, AND CUSSED ME OUT! How did I respond? I didn't cry to my mommy that my coach was too mean. I got my act together. That's the attitude LA is missing. That's what football is about. It's not about being nice and polite. The more the "LaVar Lovers" defend LA the more I realize LaVar is soft. Not soft physically, physically he is an animal, but mentally the guy is not ready for football. If ANYONE had hung up on my coach, his but woulda been off the team(no matter how good he was). Sooner or later you gotta learn to be a man and take critism.

This is NOT an office job, this is FOOTBALL!

Uhhhh.....Lindsey DID go about this the right way. When LA screwed up during the game, he called him(IN PRIVATE) and chewed him out. That's what coaches are supposed to do! But LA couldn't take the critisism like a man and hung up the phone. My HS coach was so hard on us that he was put under investigation by the county. I guarantee whatever Lindsey said to LaVar is no worse than what my coach used to say to us. Heck, when I messed up(as a 9th grader playing football for the 1st time) my coach came ON THE FIELD, GRABBED ME BY MY FACEMASK, AND CUSSED ME OUT! How did I respond? I didn't cry to my mommy that my coach was too mean. I got my act together. That's what football is about. It's not about being nice and polite. The more the "LaVar Lovers" defend LA the more I realize LaVar is soft. Not soft physically, physically he is an animal, but mentally the guy is not ready for football. If ANYONE had hung up on my coach, his but woulda been off the team(no matter how good he was). Sooner or later you gotta learn to be a man and take critism.

This is after all football, isn't it?

Excellent post. That's really the core of it, isn't it? Lavar thinks he's bigger than the team and he's upset because, now that we're winning, he's not. Seriously LaVar, man up, take the criticism for what it is. It's like he thinks all the coaches he's ever had pick on him because they don't like him, not because they want him to play better.

Uhhhh.....Lindsey DID go about this the right way. When LA screwed up during the game, he called him(IN PRIVATE) and chewed him out. That's what coaches are supposed to do! But LA couldn't take the critisism like a man and hung up the phone. My HS coach was so hard on us that he was put under investigation by the county. I guarantee whatever Lindsey said to LaVar is no worse than what my coach used to say to us. Heck, when I messed up(as a 9th grader playing football for the 1st time) my coach came ON THE FIELD, GRABBED ME BY MY FACEMASK, AND CUSSED ME OUT! How did I respond? I didn't cry to my mommy that my coach was too mean. I got my act together. That's what football is about. It's not about being nice and polite. The more the "LaVar Lovers" defend LA the more I realize LaVar is soft. Not soft physically, physically he is an animal, but mentally the guy is not ready for football. If ANYONE had hung up on my coach, his but woulda been off the team(no matter how good he was). Sooner or later you gotta learn to be a man and take critism.

This is after all football, isn't it?

You actually think a grown establisehd NFL player is gonna accept a coach cuussing him out in front of his peers? Playing amatuer sports and pro sports is a little different.

First off, that article is the worst piece of trash I ever did read. The Anti-Snyder/ Anti-Redskin theme throughout is just childish. This news organisation hates Danny boy so much, frankly, because he's taking their profits by being a good businessman. They can't keep up, and it just burns them up inside. HAHA I say. Go @@@@ yourselves. And as for Lavar, shut the hell up, and grow the hell up. You are acting like a spoiled teenager, and you aren't the team. Anyone that believes the article word for word has got to be retarded. But I guess Lavar is just dumb enough to not realize what they would do with his interviews. :(

I don't even like Snyder but the article does come off sounding very biased. The way Post articles read nowadays there's definitely a lot of animosity towards the Skins organization.

I've felt this way about LA for years.

I'd suggest that LA is the hater here. He hates that the Redskins are winning without him. He's hating his coaches for correcting his errors. And he's hating the organization by creating this drama on the eve of the biggest game this franchise has had in a dozen years.

Go ahead, keep on apologizing for the guy. He's a distraction. He's our TO.

Funny how some of the things in that article I've been saying for years. LA isn't right for doing it at this time but I've been saying a lot of that stuff for years about my team. He's not lying.

Redskins.com has been keeping away from Lavar all season. I've never seen him or his issue in the poll, I've never seen him as a player spotlight, I've seen only 1 story/article on him that appeared on the home page, no interviews with him. I think he was doomed from the beginning of the season, I hope and pray to God something occurs that will let him stay for the rest of his career here.

Die hard 'Skins fan and I love Lavar. I think he's got plenty of guilt in all the problems stirred as does the organization and the coaches. My think earlier this year was that Lavar would wear another uniform next year and down deep I hope he blows up and make the Redskins regret ever letting him go. The way the organization is treating him (even other players notice the unfair treatment), I think Lavar might end up haunting us twice a year if Danny boy and his front office, coaches and staff don't get it together. When I think about it...what come around goes around...becareful Danniel you better swallow that pride before our QB ends up like Aikman. :doh:

I dont care if we win the Super Bowl. The truth on the Lavar situation is something everyone on this board will never know. Snyder had killed his career here for obvious reasons. He will be cut and go somewhere and everyone here will say he sucks and he will continue to go to pro bowls like champ. Its funny how people on this board are can turn on players so quickly after gushing about them earlier.

Quickly? I've had to listen to his crap for damn near 10 months! and I was supportive of him until the recent garbage.

On another note, I've been on the player end of a coach going over board, and I've seen it a few times. I've never seen any player that sat there and took it, most of them took it for a few minutes and then snapped back. I did the same thing. I fumbled a ball after not having had a fumble all year long and I my coach chewed my ass for about 5 minutes infront of everyone and I got tired of it. You can't help but sound me oriented when your trying to defend your actions to a coach who is yelling for no other reason then to belittle your efforts. Luckily I only had one coach like that.

That doesn't excuse Lavar, it sounds like maybe he went looking for a fight when he called up to the booth.

You actually think a grown establisehd NFL player is gonna accept a coach cuussing him out in front of his peers? Playing amatuer sports and pro sports is a little different.

You obviously have never heard of Jon Gruden, Bill Parcels, Tom Coughlin, Jack Del Rio, Brian Billick or Bill Cowher. Coaches are gonna coach. A "man" can take the coaching however it comes. Especially a HUMBLE man. If LaVar is upset because his coach chewed him out in front of his teammates(for a mistake that he made on the field) than he is focused on the wrong thing. If he wanted the conversation to be private he shouldn't have hung up the phone on Lindsey earlier. And if he can't take HARD coaching than I guess he couldn't work with %50 of the coaches out there. My father once taught me "No matter how much people build you up, don't get too big headed, and no matter how much people put you down, don't get too down on yourself. Just stay humble and you will learn from it all." I wish someone would explain that to LA.

Who's saying they were berating him for motivation and not just because he earned a little hollering for his mistakes? Again, I trust Blache, Lindsey and Williams a whole lot more than LaVar. Tell me you don't? I also trust Lewis more than LaVar and I hate Lewis :). I also trust every guy no longer on this team who's made a public statement on LaVar about his lack of discipline. Like Trotter this week as a recent example.

At some point you people in support of LaVar actually have to ALLOW someone to make him accountable like everyone else. Please.

Blinders are good. They'll defend Lavar and twist his BS around to make it someone elses fault. Nope it doesn't matter what Lewis, and Trotter say, because they are outside of my blinders

Goodbye Lavar.Your behavior these past couple of weeks,especially this last week when the team needs no distractions getting prepared for the biggest game for everyone,including the fans,have made me officially realize just what an"I" guy you really are and has also validated the coaches decisions on you.Good Riddance.

Maybe Lindsey wouldn't have chewed him out so much if LaVar hadn't hung up on him....

THAT is disrespectful! Would you hang up the phone on your supervisor because he was chewing you out for screwing up? (and expect to have a job the next day?)

Amazing how people just don't seem to get that, innit?

I once hung up on my Dad. I was 17. LaVar is 27.

When I did it, my Father called me right back and said "You ever do that again and we're gonna' play Dictaphone. I'm gonna' dictaphone right up your ass!"

Then he hung up. Pops Totoro doesn't play.

LaVar missed an assignment???

...whats new.

Gawd Im growing so tired of "everything LaVar".

I have weighed things out in my mind...

Would I rather have LaVar here AND have to take the cap hit and pay him MILLIONS even though he isnt a fulltime player? (as it stands now he isnt fulltime) AND waiting to read the post or times to hear something about the way he's unhappy and have espn report on the negatives surrounding LA?

...Or have him released/cut and not have to worry about turning into sportsnite and waiting for the latest LaVar drama. This defense without LaVar extremely effective. Losing LaVar Arrington does not break this team.

Right now LaVar's drama/worries arent worth keeping.

This is very tough for me to say...I even have a LaVar authentic jersey so its a double edged sword :)

Archived