Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Solo albums by members of well known bands

Spaceman Spiff

Never really understood why people like Dave Matthews and Mick Jagger made albums by themselves. In Daves case the music sounds pretty much like DMB...I guess they just want to get away and do something on their own.

B0000C3GZ2.01._PE47_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpgB000002IUO.01._PE21_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Anyway, what are some good solo albums that you can recommend by members of well known bands?

How about Robert Plant? Fate of Nations, Now and Zen, The Principle of Moments

I also like the David Gilmour solo albums, moreso the self-titled album. 0dpxjsMaR05F.jpg

How about Robert Plant? Fate of Nations, Now and Zen, The Principle of Moments

I also like the David Gilmour solo albums, moreso the self-titled album. 0dpxjsMaR05F.jpg

I heard David has a new album coming out with some famous people sitting in (though i can't remember who). He is going to tour to support it - though at this point the tour is UK/Europe only. :(

I heard David has a new album coming out with some famous people sitting in (though i can't remember who). He is going to tour to support it - though at this point the tour is UK/Europe only. :(

It was just announced the other day that Gilmour will play 10 dates in North America. Looks like those near enough to major cities ... or willing to travel ... will get a chance to see him.

It was just announced the other day that Gilmour will play 10 dates in North America. Looks like those near enough to major cities ... or willing to travel ... will get a chance to see him.

He's playing some weird city in Illinois and like three nights in NY, but nothing in the DC/Philly/B-More/NC region :(

airfresh4faces.jpg

Need I say more.....

Honestly these albums were mostly bad......real bad.

aceb0av.gifAce: Excellent work! Clearly the best of the four.

paulb5fk.gifPaul: Some good songs, some "Cotton Candy"

genea1qa.gifGene: Great guests!

petera1wj.gifPeter: :cringe!:

Ace's, Frehley's Comet First and Live+1 albums are very good.

Gene's A$$hole album from last year did feature a great version of "Firestarter"....but not much else.

Paul has a completed album set for release in 2006

Ace is working on another solo album, as he has been since 1992.

Bruce Kulick(Lead Guitar from 1984-1996) has a band called Union.

43ib.gif

Other solo albums:

Tom Petty: Full Moon Fever

more later...

:logo:

aceb0av.gifAce: Excellent work! Clearly the best of the four.

paulb5fk.gifPaul: Some good songs, some "Cotton Candy"

genea1qa.gifGene: Great guests!

petera1wj.gifPeter: :cringe!:

Ace's, Frehley's Comet First and Live+1 albums are very good.

:logo:

I liked some of Ace's solo stuff as well and clearly his was the best of the four by a mile. As for the other three records, well, let me take you down memory lane:

On Gene's solo record he covers "When You Wish upon a Star". Let that sink in for a minute. That might be the worst cover song ever. And who could forget this chorus “Livin in sin…..at the Holiday Inn”. Hey at least it was so bad it was memorable.

I confess I had all four when I was a kid……on 8-track.

Mick Jagger's solo stuff has to be some of the worst junk ever recorded.

Pete Townshend has some of the best solo stuff - I couldn't recommend the LPs, but songs like Slit Skirts and Rough Boys are great.

For pop music, I quite like all but 2 of John Waite's solo LPs.

Paul Rodgers' (Free, Bad Company, The Firm) solo LP "Now and Then" is excellent, though his follow-up Electric, was pretty lame. He also won a grammy for his Tribute to Muddy Waters LP, which feature Jeff Beck, Gilmour, Slash

Pete Townsend did some great solo stuff inbetween Who recordings.

Depending on what type of music you are in to, Martin Gore's (Depeche Mode) Conterfeit is great.

Also, the early Phil Collins stuff, before he sold out and when he was still with Genesis, was pretty good.

Sting, of course, had some great solo stuff, but that may not count since he left the Police.

Just some I thought I'd mention!!!

Archived