Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman - Best Commentator Today?

footballhenry

Personally, I believe he is. His analyzations are almost always have solid reasonable reasoning. He comes across extremely unbiased in almost all his predictions and such. Personally he is my favorite announcer to have call a game, with a close second being Joe Theismann. My dream team? Theismann and Aikman, with a plus them calling a Skins-Boys game. THAT would be awesome.

I actually like their 2 "worst" broadcast teams the best.

Curt Menefee and JC Pearson

Ron Pitts and Tim Ryan

These two teams are very underrated and do a pretty fine job. I feel while Aikman is one of the best, Buck is an annoying prick who brings down the quality of the game. He is a reason the NFL is the No Fun League.

I like Aikman better than any of the aforementioned.He is informed,knowledgeble,unbiased,and doesn't talk just to hear himself speak.I think he does a very good job

wow, as i was reading down the posts and was thinking just this, could not have said it better, i do think Buck is a pompous ass though

yeah i hate joe buck. kenny albert and brian baldinger are by far the worst, and when they have the skins i want to kill myself. i think aikman is definitely one of the best out there. he seems to have a respect for the skins too (probably not lavar arrington though :laugh: )

Phil Simms ad John Madden are the best in the business. Troy is solid, but he's doesn't come close to the two others I've mentioned. I think Bill Maas is better than Aikman.

Wow. I never knew people thought John Madden was one of the best commentators. I hear everyone (and I agree) talk about how sluggish he sounds and how everything he says is completely obvious.

I personally like Al Michaels, and now that you guys mention it, Troy Aikamn isn't that bad (damnit).

I've never heard Sonny commentate. Is he on the radio?

kids these days don't listen to radio.

you can hear sonny on 106.7

if there is no delay, it is worth turning down your tv and listening to sonny, sam, and la......uggh, i can't say it.

if baldinger is on the tv broadcast, it's worth it even w/ the delay.

My opinion:

Play by play guys:

Best

1) Al Michaels

2) Dick Stockton (I know he messes up names sometimes, but otherwise, I enjoy him more than anyone)

Worst

1) Joe Buck (worst as in most unbearable, not worst on-air skill)

2) Mike Patrick (ditto)

Color Guys

Best

1) John Madden (last night's analysis of Mike Vick's hand going over the pylon for a TD was something I wouldn't have known if he didn't explain it to me- which is what you want from a color guy.) He's the standard.

2) Troy Aikman

Worst

1) BY FAR- Paul Maguire (I can watch replays by myself, Paul.)

2) Dan Dierdorf

Archived