Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone think that Antonio Brown is going to take one to the house this season?

flexxskins

Hell I'm just happy when he holds on to the ball.

PCS. I hear ya. We were watching the game at our fan club yesterday and whenever Brown fielded the kick we were like "Well, at least he held onto the ball!" :doh:

I do think that he has some serious speed in him though. If he could read the wedge a little better, he could definately break one

Please tell me how you guys are seeing these things with A. Brown. I dont see impressive jukes, and if it was just speed that gets you "to the house" then every track star would be fielding punts.

Can someone post his yards per return was yesterday?

I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe he's gonna break one. Although, I'm sure with each successful fielding of a punt he's getting more comfortable back there. We can only hope. It sure would be a shot in the arm for the offense.

I'd like to see him do it, but I don't think he will. It might be that he's concentrating hard on just keeping the ball (and his job) in his hands at this point. Maybe he'll bring one back if he starts to get in a groove, the blocking is there, etcetera, though.

Can someone post his yards per return was yesterday?

7.6 yard average with a long of 16 on 7 punts.

21 yard average with a long of 22 yards on 2 kickoffs.

1) This ball was inside the 5 when he snatched it and the way it was traveling he is very lucky he didnt muff it. There is a difference between cleany fielding a kick and what Brown does consistently

To cut him a bit of slack, Bryan Barker was crushing punts yesterday, so I can excuse Brown a bit for losing track of where he was at times.

At least he's smart enough now to call for a fair catch in traffic.

Jason

I know Brown has had his troubles in the past with fumbles, but one thing is certain: It was refreshing to watch a 'Skin returner actually return a punt instead of watching James "fair catch" Thrash signal for the play with no regard for a running lane or defender position.

Exactly.

I feel Antonio Brown is very talented and quick. It looks like he is determined to hold onto that ball. When he finds a clear way through a hole--watch out. He will break one loose and show us what he can do.

Exactly.

I feel Antonio Brown is very talented and quick. It looks like he is determined to hold onto that ball. When he finds a clear way through a hole--watch out. He will break one loose and show us what he can do.

It will happen, just wait and see. All that kid needs is a little seem and he is gone.

As long as he does not muff or fumble.... I am happy with him. Let's hope his little vacation cured the dropsies.
As long as you guys consider one muffed kick return a decease that needed curing, you are going to be nervous everytime he handles the ball. Honestly, is anyone this nervous when Portis carries the ball?

I swear it looks like he is on the verge of breaking one and taking it all the way. Well, with the exception of catching the kick on the 4 yard line, I think that he had a pretty decent day against the Rams.

He's going to take one to the house when we need it the most.

While you are at it, preach the same thing to Portis and Brunell...they both seem to have a problem in that department also. Yet they seem to be having a pretty good season, individually speaking.
As long as Antonio holds on to the football, I'll be satisfied.

btw, if you look at the numbers Portis fumbles about as many times as anyone else.

Archived